tight 15k budget :(

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys my friend is on a tight budget of 15k and he needs a CPU+Motherboard+PSU+cabinet in it as for HDD 500GB min what would u guys suggest ? and if possible can u guys suggest a decent built for 15k i.e with all the above and a GPU and both of us are going to overclock the components :wink: in short suggest a system with CPU,Motherboard,PSU,HDD for 15k and another with CPU,motherboard,psu,HDD and a GPU(something like a 5670 for mild gaming pls)
sorry if m confusing u guys :lol: :neutral:

Cilus

laborare est orare
For the 1st Build
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 6K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) @ 2.6K
Corsair Value Series 4GBX1 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.1K
Local Intex/Odessy Cabinet w/o PSU @ 0.7K
Seagate 500GB HDD @ 4.6K

Total 15K

For the 2nd build

AMD Athlon II x2 245 @ 2.5K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) @ 2.6K
Corsair Value Series 4GBX1 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.1K
Local Intex/Odessy Cabinet w/o PSU @ 0.7K
Seagate 500GB HDD @ 4.6K
Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 @ 4K

Total 15.5K

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
thanx cilus
how about if a get a Athlon X3 in that budget i know their production is stopped but they are still available i guess ??? so that would make it
Athlon II X3 455 or 445 ??
78LMT-S2P (Rev 3.1) 2.6k
Corsair 2GB Value select RAM (thats fine for him will add another 4 GB or a 2 GB later maybe :p) 0.7k
Seagate 500GB HDD 4.6k
5670 GDDR5 1GB(what is the cost ??? he doesn't mind spending 500 bucks on 1 GB version;))

Cilus

laborare est orare
First tell me which is for your friend and which is for yours. And I can't comment on the availability of Athlon II X3 but last time I checked in Kolkata, both Athlon II X3 and X4 were not available. HD 5670 512 MB is around 4K

Now regarding the 1 GB version, Tarun you're in this forum for quite some time and you must be knowing the basic facts about GPU. It is not like "he doesn't mind spending 500 bucks on 1 GB version", you have to check whether he is getting any extra performance for the extra 500 bucks.

There is practically no performance difference between the 512 MB and 1 GB version of HD 5670 as these lower-mid range cards are not powerful enough to use full 1 GB of GDDR5 memory and You should be knowing the fact..at least that much we can expect from a long time member. But if your friend can spend some extra money, then get the HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 version. In Kolkata Sapphire version is available at 5K. My friend got it on last Monday.

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
i know its insane but yes i guess or else i have to go with Intel Pentium Gxxx series and decent H67 motherboard what do u guys say ? Athlon II X3 or aIntel Pentium Gxxx

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Check for X4 965 BE too. I bought it recently for my college server. With M4N65T-M LE V2 motherboard from AMD and Asus respectively. Though, their cost(being in college and all) was ~10.3k. You might get it for something like 9.0-9.5k

Cilus

laborare est orare
Phenom II 965 is retailing around 6.2K to 6.5K in most online and street shops. Tarun, if you can find a 2.8 GHz+ Athlon II X3 processor then grab it instead of Intel Pentium G series. The Anandtech review has clearly shown that Athlon II X3 CPUs are faster in all kind of appliucations, whether it is multi-threaded or not. Athlon II X3 455 has beaten even the highest Dual Core G850 in most of the tests. Check the review here: AnandTech - The Sandy Bridge Pentium Review: G850, G840, G620 & G620T Tested

Also Athlon II processors can be overclocked to fetch some extra performance which is not possible in GXXX series.

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
that a point buddy intel Gxxx can not be overclocked :) i will settle down my config with a Athlon II x3 and the other one with 960T is its possible or s a 955BE ;p
thanx for the help guys :)

Top Bottom