Thoughts on HP PAVILION 15 N209TX

its ulv,so juz a bit less powerful for heavy usage.....for normal usage,its fine....for casual gaming its cool....check you-tube for gaming capabilities of this lappy..pretty cool B-)

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply.Yeah the 0.3 difference is okay for me.
The funny thing is that i thought core I5 versions will be quad core ones,since even the budget smartphones nowadays comes with quadcore processors.I checked Lenovo Z510 it features a 4200M.Does all the laptops in this range feature a dual core core i5.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Thanks for the reply.Yeah the 0.3 difference is okay for me.
The funny thing is that i thought core I5 versions will be quad core ones,since even the budget smartphones nowadays comes with quadcore processors.I checked Lenovo Z510 it features a 4200M.Does all the laptops in this range feature a dual core core i5.

4 physical cores in core i5 is pointless.
core i5s cannot go beyond 4 cores/threads.
It is always a 4 core processor no matter what.
Either:
a)4 real cores 0 hyper threaded ones.
b)2 real cores 2 hyper threaded ones.

Also, the architecture matters.....a lot. ARM Cortex mobile cores are nowhere in comparison to x86 cores of core i5.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Checked out the local shops for this model,they said hp is replacing this by its newer HP Pavilion 15-P077tx .The funny thing is the lappy has CoreTM i5-4210U and GT 840.I think there is nothing better than the old one, [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] what do you think?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Checked out the local shops for this model,they said hp is replacing this by its newer HP Pavilion 15-P077tx .The funny thing is the lappy has CoreTM i5-4210U and GT 840.I think there is nothing better than the old one, [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] what do you think?

okayish. price? 840m sounds cool.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
The price is 50,000+ 840 is just the 740 with new name both are based on GK107
and the next funny thing GeForce GT 740M vs 840M [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] comments?

Last edited:
OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] its 840m DDR 3 version not DDR5 that is used by most benchmarking sites.Its not worth the upgrade as im on a budget looking for a good looking lap for casual gaming and programming.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] its 840m DDR 3 version not DDR5 that is used by most benchmarking sites.Its not worth the upgrade as im on a budget looking for a good looking lap for casual gaming and programming.

840m GDDR5 does not exist.
840m is every penny worth its price. You'll be paying nearly 1k for 5% increase in performance. Effectively increasing performance upto 30%. :p
At the end of the day, its your money. You buy what you want. :/

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] okay,i just placed an order for the old model for 45,000.Should i cancel it? I think with the discounts i will be able to get the new model for 48,000 after waiting for a week or so.But HP has its back to college offer only till 18 of this month.

- - - Updated - - -

and is 4210U better than 4200U

Top Bottom