This USB device can perform faster if it is connected to HI SPEED USB 2.0 port HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarvothaman

Right off the assembly line
This USB device can perform faster if it is connected to HI SPEED USB 2.0 port.
This is what I get When I connect My Pendrive.
My Intel® Desktop Board D865GVHZ supports USB 2.0(Checked from the website).
I have windows xp service pack 2.
What is the solution.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
doesnt matter...go ahead....ur device is working fine.......

try updating the USB Device driver......frm ur mthrbd CD.

sr_garg

Broken In
plug ur pen drive to the USB ports mounted at the back of CPU or motherboard instead of plugging it to front usb port or to any extention cable.. it will work fine.........[;)]

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Re: This USB device can perform faster if it is connected to HI SPEED USB 2.0 port HE

sam9s said:
n why would that be....????
Because in many of the cabinets, the front USB ports are USB 1.1 ports...

Last edited:

HEMANTRATURI

Broken In
Re: This USB device can perform faster if it is connected to HI SPEED USB 2.0 port HE

either the driver is not updated(less chances) or u hav 2 enable usb2.0 from bios. check it and reply back.

this faq from intel may help u out:-

Why is my USB 2.0 device operating at USB 1.1 speeds?

Each USB port is treated as an independent USB path, and the performance of each USB port is dependent upon the detected USB device(s) within that USB port (point-to-point) device connection. Its performance will be limited to the least capable performance element within that port's connection. For example, if you connect a USB 2.0 high-speed device to a USB 1.1 Hub, which is then connected to a USB port on the motherboard, the USB 2.0 high-speed device will be limited to the performance through that USB 1.1 Hub.
Refer to the device manufacturer of your USB device for specifications and installation requirements. Additional USB design specifications reference information can be found within the Intel Desktop Board D865GVHZ Technical Product Specification (TPS).

Last edited:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
sam9s said:
so you are saying that the same motherboard would provide USB 1.1 for front connection and 2.0 for the rear one.........eh!! sounds stupid if u ask me..........
Yep...I know it sounds stupid but thats the way things used to be...The front USB ports are provided by the cabinet manufacturer whereas the ones at the rear are provided along with the mobo itself.

Last edited:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
*www.directron.com/installusb.htmlI got a little confused in my earlier post and said that mobos provide different headers...What i really meant was that even if the mobo supports USB 2.0, nothing can be done if the front USB ports are USB 1.1...Sorry for all the confusion created...Edited my earlier posts...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom