This or Next Year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puneet sharma

Hidden Identity
I am planning to buy a whole new computer.currently i have :-
CPU :- intel e4500 @ 2.2Ghz :evil:
Ram :- kingston 2 GB ddr2
Monitor :- Samsung 17" inch standard SyncMaster 740N (quite good picture quality)
Gpu :- integrated G33/G31 just burned 9500gt and planning to buy 7750 :oops:
Hard disk :- samsung 250 gb
Motherboard :- Asus P5Kpl-AM/PS
cabinet and psu :- Intex crappy cabinet with crappy 450 watt SMps :evil:
Ups :- Intex 600 VA.
I bought this rig way back in early 2007 this was then a nice rig :wink:

Now my question is mainly whether i should add 2 Gb ram and radeon 7750 for stop gap period and wait till next year when haswell processor and Retinas display comes out and inflation settles down or just BUy right now.
I am in serious Gaming and my budget will be Rs 55k-60K,whether building now or next year.I myself is leaned towards the decision of next year.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
You can wait for a month or two and see if the rupee appreciates against dollar, if so it'll be a good time for purchase. BTW if you're planning for an AMD based RiG then the prices of the FX processors are down and you can grab one now. SNB's are damn expensive than they used to be and so are the IVB's. And in two months time mid range Keplers will be out.

OP
puneet sharma

puneet sharma

Hidden Identity
IMO Fx processors are crap ( out performed by so old pentinum DC) so BIG NO to AMD.BTW i am thinking the haswell processors will pack 8 physical cores coming next year with new architecture and Retina display also be coming out (the screen used in Ipad).i think i will buy next year and will buy 2 gb ram and 7750 for now.Also inflation is not going to ease till next year trust me

You can buy Ivy Bridge
I personally is not impressed by IVY bridge just 5-10 % Performance increase and so much price gap B/W ivy bridge and sandy bridge. :-?
Not to mention the heat problems on overclocking IVY bridge

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
:facepalm: Not again

Here's a thread that you must look into. And FX processors outperformed by Pentium D's? BIG JOKE.

This is not true Even New FX CPUs are outperformed by i3s check
this They are Carp I agree he said was correct

BTW if you are into serious gaming I suggest you to get Ivy but not now wait or here is a smart choice for you when Ivy's are sure sandy's price will go down then its time ..

Last edited:

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
This is not true Even New FX CPUs are outperformed by i3s check
this They are Carp I agree he said was correct

Listen, He told that the FX processors are outperformed by old age Pentium D's (not i3, i3 is good) and that's what I told is wrong. And I do agree that FX 4100 and FX 6100 are not that good, but after the recent price cuts FX 8120 & FX 8150 have become VFM products.

BTW if you are into serious gaming I suggest you to get Ivy but not now wait or here is a smart choice for you when Ivy's are sure sandy's price will go down then its time ..

What did you actually mean? Did the price of the 1st generation core i's price drop after the release of 2nd generation? Same is the case here. Rupee appreciating against the dollar and upcoming AMD processors with good price-performance ratio are the ones to look out for.

Minion

Conversation Architect
IMO Fx processors are crap ( out performed by so old pentinum DC) so BIG NO to AMD.BTW i am thinking the haswell processors will pack 8 physical cores coming next year with new architecture and Retina display also be coming out (the screen used in Ipad).i think i will buy next year and will buy 2 gb ram and 7750 for now.Also inflation is not going to ease till next year trust me

AMD FX is not crap FX 8120 and FX 8150 perform better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom