this is what u can get for Rs. 8,11,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Good rig, but for a little more I could get the Hayabusa (the fastest production bike in the world). Now, THAT will get the chicks' attention!

Approx. 2 months ago, I had read about a really powerful gaming rig (possibly the most powerful rig of that time). It had an overclocked 3.4 P4, 9800XT, a load of RAM, and.............. no hard disk! Instead it had PU-RAM as it's primary storage! Imagine a HDD working at the speed of RAM! It also had a triple LCD display.

Some of you will probably recognize what I am talking about (this baby was featured in an Indian mag). I think it cost $4,000 (not sure)

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
freshseasons said:
The monitor sucks big time...!!!!

The monitor sucks big time?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I don't think it is possible for a 20.5 inch monitor to suck!
Imagine watching the Star Wars DVD edition on this bad boy!

Realistically speaking, if I had that monitor.......................... I would sell it off and upgrade my entire system :))!

theraven

Technomancer
alphaomega u are talkin abt the MACHL or whatever
check out blade_runner's post in the previous page
follow the link
and yeah the monitor sux big time compared to the one u get with this ...
its called a grand canyon display .. which i mentioned in my first post in this thread
92" of bliss !!! ;)

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
theraven said:
and yeah the monitor sux big time compared to the one u get with this ...
its called a grand canyon display .. which i mentioned in my first post in this thread
92" of bliss !!! ;)

Yeah, I have seen the Grand Canyon display. Ok, I have seen shots of the GC display. It's overkill (I love overkills!). Still, saying that this monitor sucks seem a bit odd. I have a SyncMaster 17" monitor. So if the monitor (in the pic) sucks then where does that leave my humble monitor? :?

theraven

Technomancer
hey alpha come on dude
i was very clear in sayin it sux big time COMPARED to the grand canyon !!!
i dunno who said the monitor sucked .. but thats definitely not what i meant ....
so relax buddy !

veer

Broken In
I'd rather get an Alienware with dual X800 XT PE graphics cards and AMD Athlon FX-53s. Which will cost far less and run circles around this thing.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
theraven said:
hey alpha come on dude
i was very clear in sayin it sux big time COMPARED to the grand canyon !!!
i dunno who said the monitor sucked .. but thats definitely not what i meant ....
so relax buddy !

Hey, I am cool! 8) You will never catch me not relaxing! It's just that I found what people were saying about the monitor amusing :lol: .

Oh, and you were right. The system I was talking about was the MachL.

theraven

Technomancer
yeah and its a killer system too
the flash ram for hard disk if im not mistaken
damn talk abt eliminating all bottlenecks ..
anyways we are strayin from the topic ..
some other time maybe !! :D

ujjwal

Padawan
I would rather take a Voodoo 2 PCI ... atleast it can play FIFA 98 & Interstate 76 in 3d accelerated mode and I can run it in dual with my i740 ;)

But realistically speaking ... an FX55 & X800Pro combo I would prefer if I ever spend so much ;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
can any one tell us, what is the use of this 8.10L monster..... is there any aplication that needs that much of power....... for avrg PC home user this is useless....... offcourse u can have this & say rightnow u have the fastest one...... but again yes in few u have to buy a nother one......

& then u can think about to donet this to digit test center....... i am they even dont have this monster......

theraven

Technomancer
its not for 8.1L it was a mistake
its only 5L
hehehehe
theres no use
just watch / stare / appreicate
thats it

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
saurav_cheeta said:
can any one tell us, what is the use of this 8.10L monster..... is there any aplication that needs that much of power....... for avrg PC home user this is useless....... offcourse u can have this & say rightnow u have the fastest one...... but again yes in few u have to buy a nother one......

& then u can think about to donet this to digit test center....... i am they even dont have this monster......

Power, like knowledge, does not need a purpose or 'use' as you put it. They are rewards in themselves. As a computer enthusiast no computer is fast enough for me! As long as the hourglass :x exists, as long as there is any waiting time involved, I will not be satisfied. :lol:

G

gxsaurav

Buy a A64 FX system with 6800GT, & every thing else killer, & save the money, either gift me a Honda Unicorn or invest it, do not donate it, it will be eaten by the Ministers

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well yes its a gem of a machine..... & off course as for any computer enthusiast no computer is fast enough....... that is true...... but guys every thing has a purpous...... without a purpous a thing cant exsist........

& about thins machine... some where i hard that atomic & astronomical physics requres much much more power than todays computer....

i dont think that NASA built that super computer with 10500 Itenium 2 processor without a purpous only for us (computer enthusiast)........

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
saurav_cheeta said:
well yes its a gem of a machine..... & off course as for any computer enthusiast no computer is fast enough....... that is true...... but guys every thing has a purpous...... without a purpous a thing cant exsist........

& about thins machine... some where i hard that atomic & astronomical physics requres much much more power than todays computer....

i dont think that NASA built that super computer with 10500 Itenium 2 processor without a purpous only for us (computer enthusiast)........

What are you, Agent Smith (purpose that defines us, binds us yada yada)?!?

Let me now quote myself

AlphaOmega said:
Power, like knowledge, does not need a purpose or 'use' as you put it. They are rewards in themselves.

Power and knowledge are inherently satisfying. All other things (say riches) are satisfying because they lead to either of these. Therefore these are the purpose in themselves.

But let’s not get too philosophical....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom