Crowman
*img3.imageshack.us/img3/7637/dsc04976oz.jpg
My take on the crow and the sun.

*img137.imageshack.us/img137/2603/dsc04985.jpg

*img199.imageshack.us/img199/339/dsc04990lu.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
CALL FOR NEXT PHOTOGRAPHY MEET

Guys, lets have our next photography meet.
I'm proposing next weekend (21st/22nd) as I'm busy this week.

Place:
Time:
pour ur opinions

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Let's not take the meet this weekend as Rhitwick can't come so does my another friend. We'll take it in the next week on saturday or sunday. We have plenty of time till then to decide on a location.

Start shooting your suggestions guys.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I am in this one for sure. Err... want to head out to nature? Just asking. there are loads of one day light trekking destinations near mumbai... both Karnala and Kalavantin/Prabalgad are close to Panvel - this means that we can do a lot of macro - as well as some scenic shots. If we head out to Prabalgad/Kalavantin, then we will go through a villiage too, so some rural shots will also be at hand. Give the kids chocolates and they will pose. Even Borivili National park would be great on a Sunday morning, we will spot deer and monkeys for sure, and plenty of butterflies and other insects. Or we can take a ferry across the city from Gateway of India... great to photograph boats and ships. Just throwing in ideas to the pool. If you want to restrict it to the city, then how about Neheru science centre at Dadar? It's really great, and will have some strange photo opportunities, especially the pre-historic sector and the gallery of mirrors - we can distort ourselves and fool around with dinos and neanderthals. there is also a virtual reality display, and a 4D short film to boot.
My pick would be Borivili National Park.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I am in this one for sure. Err... want to head out to nature? Just asking. there are loads of one day light trekking destinations near mumbai... both Karnala and Kalavantin/Prabalgad are close to Panvel - this means that we can do a lot of macro - as well as some scenic shots. If we head out to Prabalgad/Kalavantin, then we will go through a villiage too, so some rural shots will also be at hand. Give the kids chocolates and they will pose. Even Borivili National park would be great on a Sunday morning, we will spot deer and monkeys for sure, and plenty of butterflies and other insects. Or we can take a ferry across the city from Gateway of India... great to photograph boats and ships. Just throwing in ideas to the pool. If you want to restrict it to the city, then how about Neheru science centre at Dadar? It's really great, and will have some strange photo opportunities, especially the pre-historic sector and the gallery of mirrors - we can distort ourselves and fool around with dinos and neanderthals. there is also a virtual reality display, and a 4D short film to boot.

I have heard from lot of other photography folks that Borivili National Park has lost its lustre as the animals there are decreasing day-by-day. I suggest something in the city. Nehru Science Centre can be fun, I'm up for it. If anybody wants to shoot some ferries then again Gateway of India would be good.

Krow

Crowman
Let's not take the meet this weekend as Rhitwick can't come so does my another friend. We'll take it in the next week on saturday or sunday. We have plenty of time till then to decide on a location.

Start shooting your suggestions guys.
That's cool with me, although I won't be here for a week after 27th, so please make next week is final.

I am fine with any of these locations.. Up to the rest of the guys to decide now. National Park/Aarey Colony/BNHS are good places to start, although I am more in favour of a light trekking destination.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^We can trek on a Saturday. But if there are rains, I don't think any one of us will get good photographs. In that case, NSC would make a great indoor location for photography. There is a 50 rupee license necessary for photography though. That's apart from the 51 rupee entry.
@CoolG5: Although the number of animals have decreased, the deers live close to the villiage itself, there are cages for two large herds, the monkeys are near the gate, and the butterflies and other insects are plentiful. There is also a boat ride, with something like an infinity pool forming at a waterfall, and it opens into the city. So we will get great photos if we head out here even now.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Anorion - I agree with you but if its Borivali National Park I can't come coz I won't be able to spend around a day out since my exams are nearing. So let's take this meet not far off. I hope you guys can understand. We'll go to Borivali National Park in December when my exams get over.

I'm OK paying the Rs.100 as permit & photography fee.

Krow

Crowman
Hope it stops raining. I am all for any kind of adventure. Indoor/outdoor does not matter. Do we need a vehicle @ national park?

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I wish the rain stops but the drizzle doesn't. Then we can capture the mood of the rain in Mumbai. We will visit railway stations,colleges,beaches, office areas etc. It would be a reality photo meet you can say. :D

I wanted to go out today in the afternoon to photography the rainy mood in the city but the rain stopped & even my camera batteries were exhausted.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Aksa Beach?

How will be it?
Can it be covered within our time i.e. 5-6 hrs? (1PM to 6PM)
Subjects for photography would be there?

Top Bottom