ThinkDigit Mumbai Meetup

Krow

Crowman
Seems like the 2233SW is the wiser choice. PM time and place of meet @ lamington. I will be online by 8.30 AM. Even I have work there. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Gautham...no idea. Sent a PM to him. It seems he's not even visiting the forum.
Vishal...need to PM him. There is a slight chance that he will be going home for Diwali ;-)

I'll call Rohan tomorrow.

I wonder, r we three the only who live in mumbai and have free time to have a chat with our friends?!

Where are thewisecrab, ethan? They never come...:-|:?
I don't know if they are reading this even... :rolleyes:

toofan

Technomancer
Cool Keep in mind that you are a photographer and may need the LCD for P.P. on Photoshop or other software So the color reproduction should be good and the size should also be bigger. Go for 24 inch if your budget allows it.

Krow

Crowman
I'll PM Ethan and the crab. Both visit regularly. Ethan is in the movies and game thread, while crab is in football channel.

Yeah the CrabMan is out.

Sorry guys, till my 12th is over (plus AIEEE, IITJEE, BITSAT, CET) my folks wont allow me to came along with you'll. (pretty wierd considering I'm online most of the time but I cant do anything about it)

You could say " Ahh Bummer".. I'd prefer to look at it as "Only 5 months to go" :D

Sorry guys, I hope such a meet will also take place next year so that I can tag along, but I'll have to give it a miss this year too :(

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@rhitwick - Thanks for notifying the other guys. Hope Rohan makes it to the meet.

@toofan - Yes, I have that in mind but under my budget there are no good 24". I'm now thinking between P2350 & P2370.

@thecrabman - No problem. Join us the next year. :) Good Luck.

Krow

Crowman
^U goin to lamington today? If you could up your budget, I would recommend 2209WA @ 16k, but otherwise, better stick to P2350 or 2233SW/S2209W. P2350 looks great.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Gaurav,
cooly, plz, plz...can u ask about Logitech X-540 servicing at Rashi...
(I'm calling them, but they r not picking up d damn phone, will call again today)
1>If they does (As their name is listed in Logitech india site)
2>If not who does
3>He who does...if he is open on monday?

I know its a bit too much I'm asking, but can u plz...:oops:

And guys,

say clearly, place and time...

Place: Bandra band Stand, as far the tone of discussion went
Time: Kab??

Time to bol, Rohan ko kaya bolu?

@mr. crab, tere ko to main :evil: .......pichle do saalo se tu exam diye ja raha hai, tera exam hai ke khatam hi nahi hota.
R u on house arrest? Just alert us, we will call human-rights for u...

Hmm.. I asked my parents, they agreed. But some far off cousins are coming over too tomorrow. So they say that they'd prefer it if I stay back.

Anyway what time would be the meet? I dont think I can make the movie but (atleast for now) meeting up and chatting with you'll seems possible. I'll let you'll know by tonight whether I can make it (around 3.30-4pm seems plausible)

@rhitwick

Teri toh..yaad dilaayoon kya mein ke Goobi ne kitni faadi teri jab tu TDF ke pehle meet par aaya nahin? :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Teri toh..yaad dilaayoon kya mein ke Goobi ne kitni faadi teri jab tu TDF ke pehle meet par aaya nahin? :p

I remember...

I missed dat grand meet, so I don't want to miss any more...
I don't know, if iMav told u guys, but called him dat day to wish u all best of luck...
I just could not make it dat day...:-|

Aur goobi-ko maine hi pehele sorry bola tha...
because, I promised him I would come, but at the end moment I could not make it...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Where are thewisecrab, ethan? They never come...:-|:?
I don't know if they are reading this even... :rolleyes:
Blast! You should have made it last weekend, I had got 4 leaves in a row. Will be busy this weekend as need to make arrangement for mum and dad's wedding anniversary celebration. You guys can carry on, I'll try joining you next time. ;-)

@Cool G5: Dude, trust me, get to S2409W. It would be worth the wait. I waited nearly a month to get mine and it really makes a killer difference to have a 24" as compared to a 22" monitor. Size does matter (no matter how much the ladies claim otherwise :grin:). If you have waited for so long, then why not wait for 2 more weeks and order it right away.

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Rhitwick - I wasn't going to Lamington road today. Had paid a visit a few days ago. :(
About the meet location, Marine Drive is a good idea but most of you guys will need a tripod to get a steady & noise free shot of crackers. Shooting crackers handheld is not a cup of tea for our prosumer cameras. You crank up the ISO above 400 & spoil the shot with slow shutter speeds even if you have OIS. :(

So I guess it should be Bandra Bandstand or some other location? Please suggest so I can convey the same to some other guys who are interested in photography.

@Ethan_Hunt - I can't wait & it even shoots over my budget. I think I'll need to go with Samsung P2350 or the newer P2370. It is not even available here in Lamington road.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I confirm my availability...

Date: 17-10-2009
Place: Bandra band-stand
Time: 4 PM (Mr. crab could attend then)

If everyone confirms, Gaurav, update this in ur first post...

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ok Rhitwick, lets fix the plan.

So where should we meet?
Pranay?

What about Rohan? Rhitwick you tried calling? Vishal Gupta ka kya hua?

Hmm . .

My folks will be going out to eat with my cousins tagging along, and that's at 6pm.

So I guess I can make it around 4-4.15 at Bandra Bandstand. That gives me an hour for hanging out with you guys.

Where at Bandstand? Please think of a local street joint not CrapD, something that's really easy on the pocket.

Where to meet? (Sorry, I haven't been around Bandstand much, so dont know)

OP
Cool G5

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Will meet outside McD. I think it will be better since everybody is familiar with the CrapD. :D
What say guys?

Krow

Crowman
Errrr.... I am not familiar with bandstand either. If anyone will be coming by train, then can we meet @ Bandra station and then head on to the said location?

Top Bottom