Think... Digit Games makes your pc slow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashweb

Broken In
Hi,

Last week, i installed many of the games provided with Digit DVD.

After installing these games, my PC takes more time to boot up. My pc is AMD 3200 (64) with 1 GB RAM. It stay at Applying personal settings for long time. After booting, i don't notice any speed change, but it is delaying the booting.

Even after uninstalling the games and cleaning registery (with RegRepair) won't solve the problem. At last i reinstalled, now the pc is booting as usual.

Is this usual on installing games ? Anyway to clean the PC after uninstalling the games, so it won't take to much time to boot up ?

Regards,

Yujin

chinmay

Journeyman
Flash i got only 1 thing to say - "Yaar tumne to meri mooh ki baat chcheen lee" ...lolzzz ...dude exactly same thing happened to me too... Infact I just logged on the net to post about this only..

I installed "Mummy's Curse, Sky Fire and Tank Assault" from DIGIT CDs. Now the best thing is these softwares were claimed to be totally free from spywares and adwares and in the very next screen I found out that all these games could not be installed without installing these Search bar and other spywares. I thought I'll see to them after installing the game.All these exta spywares made my system extremely slow and kept running in background consuming maximum RAM in all the processe. I also received a few pop-ups from my Download manager(DAP 7.2) that these programs wanted to download something. Now while I am typing this post I am suddenly seeing a new icon in my taskbar and when I move my pointer on it I see - "UControl Removal Installation - 70%" and I am sure this is also done by these games. Thanks to the softwares like Trojan Hunter, Spyware S&D, Adaware, HijackThis and FreeRam installed in PC that i'll successfully be able to remove these spywares. These spywares don't uninstall even after removing the games. I accept that these softwares may be licensed and legal enough but shouldn't the so called "Trustable" DIGIT be alert enought to not put such irritable(and dangerous to novices) softwares in DVDs.

OP
F

flashweb

Broken In
Not blaming anyone, just want to know if others are facing same problem when installing games... and if there any solution for this...

I don't think this is due to spyware as the games i installed are big ones (100 MB +), i don't find any spyware on these, also do i run MS Antispyware.

chinmay

Journeyman
sidewinder said:
WHY BLAME DIGIT FOR THAT.....They just cant check every game with every possible combination

Well...what exactly do you mean by that...i run my pc on Windows XP Pro and I think 90% of the digit subscribers use the same os...

Secondly they should ofcourse check every game on their pcs before distributing them to the readers...it is just due to trust on DIGIT that we do not hesitate much on installing games from digit dvds than downloading them from the internet....

@flashweb - i think mine and your problems are different because i installed only small (10 mb) games from the dvd...

G

game can decrease speed . but in one side people are damanding new and big games and otherside complaining????

expertno.1

Technomancer
well digit offers the latest games and u know that leatst games are hardware and resourece suckers..so not any good performance

then why to balame digit for that

buy older games for ur pc !

shaunak

Tux Fan
nothing such happened to my pc.
but i coudnt install the mario game, kept giving error. anyone faced similar problems?

A

Ashwin Saxena

Thats not because of spywares but when i installed them a lot of background services also started with games.
Whats that

anuraag_01

Broken In
don't blame digit

i too tried to install a few games...i don't remember one was about ww2 or something...but like any normal personal with an alsmost normal eyesight, i checked the installation dialogue boxes instead of hitting next next next....

i saw that thing about an allied software, maybe a spyware, and i did the most prudent thing....did not install the game.

it's wrong to blame digit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom