The X-fi XtremeMusic sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitin_m_df

Right off the assembly line
Hello all...

I wanted to know, before i purchase it, whether the X-fi XtremeMusic is being discontinued from production by creative labs...

I'll thank you tons if you really know about this creative's motive.

Thanking y'all,
Nitin_df

OP
N

Nitin_m_df

Yeah, and i also wanna know...- what's the best sound card at around 9 grand? (talk about some X-fi card, of course) Probably X-fi XtremeGamer? How much does that cost?

Thanx

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dude 9k is some serious cash for a sound card, u can get a audigy sound blaster for 2k, creative products are usually available here

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
9k for a sound card is simply outrageous unless of course you have loads of cash .
Consider creative sound cards,they are good and cheaper too.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
x-fi extreme is from creative dude, id prefer sound blaster audigy its 2k and does the trick, from creative

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Dude, if you have 9k for Soundcard, go for M-Audio products. They are pro audio cards and hell lot better than creative products (though they burn hole in your pocket).

Aditya Infotech Ltd.
Anil Pruthi sales@adityagroup.com
*www.adityagroup.com/ 2-5, Khemka Center, DDA Bldg, Nehru Place
New Delhi - 100019, India +91-11-2622-3810/ 11; 2645-2211/ 12
+91-11-2622-7979 / Mob - 9313891845

ProMusicals
Sudhin Prabhakar promusic@vsnl.com
*www.promusicals.com 12, Casa Major Road, Egmore
Chennai - 600 008, India +91 44 28193445 / 28193607
+91 44 28193823

*www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=pciinterfaces

FYI, Go for DTS supported card than Dolby Digital.

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
entrana said:
x-fi extreme is from creative dude, id prefer sound blaster audigy its 2k and does the trick, from creative

Thanks for the info.Didn't know about it.Anyways I am happy with my onboard HD audio.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
The_Devil_Himself said:
Thanks for the info.Didn't know about it.Anyways I am happy with my onboard HD audio.
Onboard HD Audio is almost as good as an External soundcard now that Most Audio DSP can be processed using softwares(thanks to faster CPU's)

OP
N

Nitin_m_df

Thanx guys...

But you see, i have already owned an X-fi XtremeMusic... Now i heard they have discontinued it. So i want to upgrade. And i already have a rather expensive speaker system, the Z-5500 from Logitech. Hence, i do not wanna come down.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
for me anything free is the best, and usually mobos are coming with onboard audio which is pretty good the downside only being no eax, but for me i use a usb headset, which has its own sound card inbuilt supporting eax so no probs for me, but onboard always does the trick and urs is pretty good u dont REALLY need to upgrade i doubt ull find any difference, rather than the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom