THE WORST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
I think its the worst mistake of my life....I accidently did a quick erase (using nero) of my DVD RW....by the time I realised it the process was already half way completed....then i quickly ejected the DVD...i was happy that the milky appearance behind the DVD (which means that data is present on the disk) was still there.....but to my horror i found the disk empty when i ran it....According to nero when you do a Quick Erase the data is not physically erased.....can I get back my lost data???....I am sounding so desprate because the DVD contained the following things:-

1. Need For Speed Underground 2

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005

Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

McAfee Security Suite 9

PHEW!!!....isnt that a heavy list!!!....and i deleted all these files from my comp after writing!!!.... Please Please Please Please help me out!!!

vandit

In the zone
solution to your biggest problem

Yes u heard it right ----- quick erase does not physically del. files . hence u r lucky enough. 8)

first of all try to run the DVD from your freinds computer . If it works then copy the DVD. But if it doesnt work the use software like recovery genius which can be found in digit dvds and cds. as an alternate u can download it from www.shareware.com. It is easy to find it as there is a search option. :)

raghug

Right off the assembly line
hai,

try your DVD with any datarecovery softwares. its possible to recover data from your DVD. Ontrack datarecovery is a good one. you can find many more free data recovery softwares if u search in the internet.

good luck.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
ok i have recovered all the contents of the CD using ISO Buster....but they are having " .tao" extension.....when i run these files again using ISO Buster, it shows me an image file with the same name....I extracted that image file and ran it...but it showed me another image file in the image I just opened!!!....what should i do???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom