The Witcher 3

Piyush

Lanaya
Buy the game on Steam, then redeem the game key on your GOG account and you'll have access to DRM-free version of the game. Not to mention all the extras digital goodies exclusive to said version.

Sent from Nokia Lumia 520 using Forum Fiend

Witcher 3:Wild Hunt Amazon Retail Version cost is Rs.1500 where as Steam Version cost is Rs.3423($53.99).

Is there any difference in terms of content and future DLC avb ?

Update: It is currently not confirmed if Steam keys of Witcher 3 will be redeemable on GOG.com... Witcher 1 + 2 are redeemable, but until officially confirmed, assume that Witcher 3 is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any difference in terms of content and future DLC avb ?

The FREE DLC program for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt consists of 16 entirely free DLCs, that will be available for every gamer owning a copy of Wild Hunt, for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PC, and PlayStation®4, and is applicable to all versions (digital or physical, standard or Collector’s).

There will also be two paid expansion packs for the game in the future. The first expansion, Hearts of Stone, is slated for release in October. The add-on sends Geralt into the wilds of No Man's Land and the city of Oxenfurt to complete a contract from the Man of Glass. The second expansion, Blood and Wine, is scheduled for release during the first three months of 2016.

The Witcher 3's paid DLC expansions will be available as part of the game's Expansion Pass, which will retail for $24.99. If players want to purchase the add-ons separately, Hearts of Stone will cost $9.99, while Blood and Wine will cost $19.99.

The only extra digital goodies you will get are exclusive to GOG version of the game:

8 wallpapers + world map + 6 paper toys + exclusive tracks (MP3) + exclusive tracks (FLAC) + 5 HD videos + 16 avatars + 24 artworks + comics (Reason of State - Part 1) + paper toy catalog.

Note that if you buy the retail Standard Edition of the game you get the following physical goodies, in addition to the game discs and the GOG-exclusive digital goodies:

An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
The official, developer-created "Witcher Universe - The Compendium"
A detailed map of the in-game world
A set of unique stickers
A protective sleeve

Last edited:

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
The Witcher 3 – Gameplay Reveal 2013 Trailer versus 2015 Build – Comparison Shows Downgraded Visuals | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

We trusted you CDPR...Why did you do this?

In their defence the initial graphics would have required a hell lot computing power. Only selected rigs could have run it

quicky008

Technomancer
To what extent have the visuals been downgraded? Does it look really bad? I hope it doesn't turn out to be another fiasco like watch dogs. I am very disappointed to hear this news as i was really looking forward to playing it in all of its graphical glory! :-(

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
To what extent have the visuals been downgraded? Does it look really bad? I hope it doesn't turn out to be another fiasco like watch dogs. I am very disappointed to hear this news as i was really looking forward to playing it in all of its graphical glory! :-(

Well not that bad , it still looks very decent for a 2015 standard . Only the minimum requirement is too high for this game . It would have been acceptable if the game was close to the reveal trailer .

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
The initial development of the game was with a grim looking world. But the latest imageries show the world to me more colorful. I personally likes the grim theme.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I am at the location where you save the poet and dwarf from noose. But I see that my Silver sword is not present at all. And now I can't even fight the Falmer like monsters in the cave.

What happened to my silver sword ?

axes2t2

I am a cat
I am at the location where you save the poet and dwarf from noose. But I see that my Silver sword is not present at all. And now I can't even fight the Falmer like monsters in the cave.

You gave it to the dragon...

Alok

Adventurer

Dragon using it as toothpick. You need to craft one using diamond dust. Dwarf smith in floatsam.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Faun the first mission you need to do in Floatsam is craft your silver sword. And there is one really powerful silver sword schematic in this area. Happy hunting

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Lol. More like a fish bone stuck down you throat.

Buddy just give me those saves as Witcher 3 might become available even before the release date...as the Pre-Load has already started...

PC
GTX 780Ti: the game struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. Everything enabled and 8xMSAA, the game runs at 35-45fps and 1080p. This card can run the game at 60fps with lower levels of MSAA.

Consoles

PS4: 900p and 30fps.
XBox One: 720p and 30fps.

Those settings would be equal than the minimum settings on the PC version. The source claims that The Witcher 3 on PS4 and One will look similar to The Witcher 2.

Apparently, Console versions of The Witcher 3 are unoptimized yet.

The Witcher 3 - PC vs PS4 Gameplay

Witcher 3 Map

*i.imgur.com/IJvak3Y.jpg

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Buddy just give me those saves as Witcher 3 might become available even before the release date...as the Pre-Load has already started...

PC
GTX 780Ti: the game struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. Everything enabled and 8xMSAA, the game runs at 35-45fps and 1080p. This card can run the game at 60fps with lower levels of MSAA.

Consoles

PS4: 900p and 30fps.
XBox One: 720p and 30fps.

Those settings would be equal than the minimum settings on the PC version. The source claims that The Witcher 3 on PS4 and One will look similar to The Witcher 2.

Apparently, Console versions of The Witcher 3 are unoptimized yet.

The Witcher 3 - PC vs PS4 Gameplay

Witcher 3 Map

*i.imgur.com/IJvak3Y.jpg
Be assured that you won't be able to play the game legit before 19th unless u pirate it. Even though they have started pre- downloads, the executable will be released on 19th!

Kinda busy with work so can't get enough time to play right now :/

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Be assured that you won't be able to play the game legit before 19th unless u pirate it. Even though they have started pre- downloads, the executable will be released on 19th!

Kinda busy with work so can't get enough time to play right now :/

At least I will be satisfied that I got a end game save of witcher 2 to use in 3 before trying to get it at the last minute.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
At least I will be satisfied that I got a end game save of witcher 2 to use in 3 before trying to get it at the last minute.
If u have tw2 installed, y don't you try playing the last act with my saves. The last act is pretty short and you can have an end save pretty soon :)

Top Bottom