The Witcher 3

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I also felt sad once the witcher 3 ended. Did not feel that way once skyrim ended

Probably because witcher is more story orientated and skyrim more exploration.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
After 2 years hiatus finally completed the paid DLCs of the game. Blood and wine itself looked longer than Witcher 2. Well written and well executed.

killed Detlaaf. You can't bring a vampire attack on a city just because of your ex-manipulated you. Not on my watch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BTW Aerondwight is OP, just OP.
Not in ng+ in the beginning...

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Not in ng+ in the beginning...

I acquired Aerondwight in NG+. Currently level 82 and that sword is over 1000 damage. No other sword is equal at the moment. For set bonus I do use grandmaster Griffin sword.

Regarding skyrim, although the game was awesome, after playing witcher 3 I do not think I can go back to play skyrim. Repetitive and boring.

First playthrough was 105 hours I guess without DLCs and current ng+ play through is 160 hours approximately. The last chapter of main quest remains.

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
since you guys are comparing Skyrim with Witcher 3, if you play Bloodborne you will not go back to Witcher 3, the combat will feel clunky and all over the place...also there is no weapon variety at all in Witcher 3 which is such a shame for a game of this scale, every weapon has the same moveset :(...I highly recommend Bloodborne, the combat is just so amazing and satisfying, I would take it over Witcher 3 any day(not saying that Witcher 3 is bad but the combat is so lackluster when compared to BB)....just buy a second hand PS4 or just rent it and play this game

btw I beat Witcher 3 including DLCs, completely ignored side quests since rescuing Ciri, completely ignored Gwent and Alchemy altogether, total gameplay time: 78 hours, how did I do?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
since you guys are comparing Skyrim with Witcher 3, if you play Bloodborne you will not go back to Witcher 3, the combat will feel clunky and all over the place...also there is no weapon variety at all in Witcher 3 which is such a shame for a game of this scale, every weapon has the same moveset :(...I highly recommend Bloodborne, the combat is just so amazing and satisfying, I would take it over Witcher 3 any day(not saying that Witcher 3 is bad but the combat is so lackluster when compared to BB)....just buy a second hand PS4 or just rent it and play this game

btw I beat Witcher 3 including DLCs, completely ignored side quests since rescuing Ciri, completely ignored Gwent and Alchemy altogether, total gameplay time: 78 hours, how did I do?
You are not a Hardcore Witcher fan.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

:facepalm: :facepalm: no Gwent, no sidequest. How can you enjoy the game?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
How can you even compare blood borne to witcher 3 just for the combat aspect? You see the witcher is not just about the game itself. See the rich lore behind it, the books, everything.

You could maybe compare blood borne to dark souls for the combat and exploring.

Blood borne Trumps witcher in combat? Witcher Trump's blood borne in everything else.

Talking about weapon variety? What do you mean by that, witchers carry two swords- thats the lore. You can't change the lore for a story driven game, so again no comparison there.

Witcher combat is how it is again partly because of the lore. You may not like it but the books mention their combat style comparable to a sort of dance like fluid motion. And it is pretty satisfying when you get good at it. Nothing clunky about it.

Last edited:

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
:facepalm: :facepalm: no Gwent, no sidequest. How can you enjoy the game?

I really enjoyed the game, just was very eager to know what happens next in the main quests, so ignored everything else...

How can you even compare blood borne to witcher 3 just for the combat aspect? You see the witcher is not just about the game itself. See the rich lore behind it, the books, everything.

You could maybe compare blood borne to dark souls for the combat and exploring.

Blood borne Trumps witcher in combat? Witcher Trump's blood borne in everything else.

Talking about weapon variety? What do you mean by that, witchers carry two swords- thats the lore. You can't change the lore for a story driven game, so again no comparison there.

Witcher combat is how it is again partly because of the lore. You may not like it but the books mention their combat style comparable to a sort of dance like fluid motion. And it is pretty satisfying when you get good at it. Nothing clunky about it.

There could have been different move sets at least for the Witcher gear so that we can try out different builds, the combat gets repetitive very fast and you can finish the game just by spamming light attack only which is not fun at all, the story and characters are what keeps you interested in the game that's what happened for me at least. IMO Bloodborne is overall better game than Witcher 3 with far better and fun combat, even leveling up and weapon customization is better in Bloodborne which effects in a big way how good your character is at killing enemies, in Witcher 3 we have alchemy and potions which can be totally ignored and it wont effect the game play at all and you can just light attack your way to finish the game.

Honestly even though the game is based on books and have to follow the lore, they could have done so much more to make the combat challenging and fun but that is not the case. Just beat Bloodborne at least once and you will understand what I am trying to say.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I really enjoyed the game, just was very eager to know what happens next in the main quests, so ignored everything else...

There could have been different move sets at least for the Witcher gear so that we can try out different builds, the combat gets repetitive very fast and you can finish the game just by spamming light attack only which is not fun at all, the story and characters are what keeps you interested in the game that's what happened for me at least. IMO Bloodborne is overall better game than Witcher 3 with far better and fun combat, even leveling up and weapon customization is better in Bloodborne which effects in a big way how good your character is at killing enemies, in Witcher 3 we have alchemy and potions which can be totally ignored and it wont effect the game play at all and you can just light attack your way to finish the game.

Honestly even though the game is based on books and have to follow the lore, they could have done so much more to make the combat challenging and fun but that is not the case. Just beat Bloodborne at least once and you will understand what I am trying to say.
Well in that case you should first stop playing on baby difficulty and then we can talk about preparing for combat and combat variety.

And for trying out builds, am not sure what you mean by not having variety in armour and gameplay choice.

Alchemy is certainly an integral part on the higher difficulties, you can't play while ignoring it unless you are on the easiest difficulty.

At the end of it all, I will let the game awards speak for themselves....

As for blood borne, sure I would like to try it but in all honestly I find investing in a console worthless. Because you get refreshes almost every year.

Nothing against game here. There are so many console titles that I would like to try out.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

Good luck winning the boss fights of Blood and Wine , Heart of Stone on death march without signs and potion.

Enemy scaling is to be kept on to properly enjoy the game. I have got my ass handed over to be in pieces when I tried to rush on some petty elementals on death march

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Souls games and Witcher are not comparable. They arent meant to be competitors. I am a hardcore fan of both series, (Souls and Witcher), have played every single game in both series (Except Demon Souls and Bloodborne which is a PS3/PS4 exclusive respectively), and there is very little similarity between them.
Witcher relies on narrative, they provide you a main character with rich background and relations. Souls storyline is all left for the viewer's imagination, you only get glimpses of storyline from the description of items, very limited conversations.
Since this is a witcher 3 thread, and you all know exactly what kind of an awesome game it is, let me clear out how souls is different.
There is a massive variety of items in Witcher 3, but all of them have near identical stats and moveset. There is no need to "learn" the moveset of an item for combat, whatever tactics you use in the beginning, you will use in the end, apart from minor changes like potions and oil buffs. In Souls game, the items and combat are extremely hardcore. You have to tailor to a specific build, you cant be jack of all trades and expect the world would treat you as such. You have to learn the movesets of weapons, and every single weapon is unique. Even the level 1 dagger, that you get in Dark Souls 2, which when fully upgraded and enchanted in the right path, can deal devastating backstab attacks lategame, there is so much balance in the game, that no weapon is considered "OP". There is always a weakness you can exploit.
And that brings it to the main difference, Multiplayer. Souls multiplayer has no equal, For Honor didnt even come close to it. Its unique and exciting, Once I invaded another player's world who used chameleon magic to conceal himself as a barrel, came right behind me and stabbed me in the back. Once I invaded another player who was hosting a fight club, and many people were there. He drew a line by some magic stone so, as to present the fighting area. It was fun and hillarious. The owner gave rewards to the winners every now and then in the form of titanite slabs (farmable upgrade item). Dark souls invaders have this "honor" thing to not use healing in a world they invade, and always greet each other before fight starts.
Heres a fight i recorded
The first time I played DS2, and the first time I died, I got the steam achievement : This is Dark Souls, to remind me that the game ahead is going to be extremely unforgiving as well as rewarding. You dont need to fanboy behind either game, just play both and enjoy.

Last edited:

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
let me add another game to the mix :)...the one and only Witcher Souls called Nioh, a PS4 exclusive...I have played the demo only which came out before the game's release and it felt very different compared to Bloodborne and Dark Souls even though it is heavily compared to them and it plays way differently when compared to Witcher 3...another great game no doubt

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Finished Blood And Wine last friday.

Since then thinking, what now.
Thinking about cleaning the map(s) of all "?" places.
I feel skellige is the only map that have most of the "?" places but the games takes part or stays very small time at Skellige.

What have you guys done with Wither 3 once you finished both the DLCs?

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am planning to play this game. Are the first two parts required to be played to understand the story, characters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom