The Witcher 3

abhidev

Human Spambot
I know the story must be great but then the game is huge and I hate leaving a game incomplete, so don't wanna do injustice to the game by not playing it completely.

The save games can be carried forward is it?

abhidev

Human Spambot
How can you guarantee that you'll play this one when you left two legendary game because of the length and this one is supposed to be much diverse than both. :)

The gameplay looks simply amazing and I am sure that I'll find some time to play this beauty :D

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I know the story must be great but then the game is huge and I hate leaving a game incomplete, so don't wanna do injustice to the game by not playing it completely.

Seriously man , if you think game is huge then RPG genre is not for you . And since Witcher 3 will be even bigger than Skyrim , i think you will leave it midway . And if you want to play Witcher 3 for graphics , then there is already a best looking game out there - Skyrim with Mods . I dont think i have seen such a visually enhance game like Skyrim ( with mods ofcourse) .

Witcher series are story driven game with semi open world . Play both prequel if you want to enjoy Witcher 3 . Witcher 2 can be completed in 30-40 hour . NO idea about witcher 1 since i haven't played it yet .

Last edited:

ranjitsd

Journeyman
Complete W2 NOW !!!! and keep the end game saves..
Always play chronologically man, and import savegames each time.. I did so with ME, DA and Witcher just to play the sequels
These games are meant to be played for story alone.. not for gameplay, thats why its very important you finish the prequels

Anyways, what chances are there that this game will have mantle support ?
CD projekt red is a good company, they consistently rolled out patches for W1 and W2 AKA Legendary Edition..
They might do so for W3 as well and bring mantle support ^_^

it wont support mantle because it is nvidia supported games
*www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher...t-amd-users-enjoy-physx-hair-and-fur-effects/

abhidev

Human Spambot
^ Mantle is a graphics processing API developed by AMD as an alternative to DirectX and Opengl. *en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantle_(API)

anirudhd.91

Broken In
Mantle ??

Yes, it is derived from Xbone's API. It is apparently supposed to optimize performance to such a rate that it equalizes pc and consoles. At the moment, if both console and PC have same hardware, the console gives better performance. With mantle, that advantage will be nullified it seems.

In short, console to PC ports won't be as awful in the future.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well the article says it is based on Dx11 DirectCompute which is plenty in AMD cards so I am keeping my hopes high.:)

tkin

Back to school!!
^ Mantle is a graphics processing API developed by AMD as an alternative to DirectX and Opengl. Mantle (API) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well the performance boost I am seeing from Mantle, it would greatly help mid/low end CPU users, ah well, can't have it all, the witcher 2 was a surprisingly optimized game, no bugs, no sudden performance issues(I'm looking at you, Far Cry 3), if they keep the mechanics as it is it'llbe a win.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
W1 is much much longer than W2, and it has better soundtrack and some RPG elements better than W2 like alchemy..

I have Witcher 1 GOG copy , bought it 7-8 month ago . Decided to play it when i finish Skyrim . Even after 7 month so much is left to do in Skyrim ( damn you mods ) . I am really hoping to complete witcher 1 before W3 releases .

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Not to go too much from the topic but Witcher 1 combat gameplay is the most amazing and intruguing combat gameplay that i have ever played on any game so far.

tkin

Back to school!!
at what setting will 260x 1gb run this game?
I'd say try to find a comparable Witcher 2 benchmark, the new game should be around 90% of that, it'll run ok, but even at medium witcher looks 100 times better that mos games.

Top Bottom