The Witcher 3

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
so u completed 100% of the game ?

btw do we loose cards also if loose a game ? i know that we cannot use the same cards on next round.
Nah, still had stuff to do after 200 hours and somehow got very busy with work :/

And then I lost my saves ;(

Have to get back to the game.

And no you don't lose any cards once you have got them except

when you sleep with a certain lady during one of the main Gwent quests. She will steal some of your cards after doing you all nightObviously it is better to politely refuse and just do your love interest instead

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^200 hours :shock: wow

If I leave White Orchard all the pending sub-quests will fail (I tried it once and sub-quests failed)..so, collect'em all is specific to the White Orchard or it is for whole game collection ?

How would I know how many cards still pending to collect ?

Should I also purchase the duplicate cards ?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
^^200 hours :shock: wow

If I leave White Orchard all the pending sub-quests will fail (I tried it once and sub-quests failed)..so, collect'em all is specific to the White Orchard or it is for whole game collection ?

How would I know how many cards still pending to collect ?

Should I also purchase the duplicate cards ?
It's a true open world in the sense, you won't lost any sub quests if you leave white orchard or any other place for that matter. You can come back anytime.

You actually have the freedom to go to another quest while in progress of a current quest. It's possible except some quests in blocked off/indoor areas.

Duplicate cards not possible, there is a fixed set. Some cards were missable in the first patch but has been fixed.

No in game tracker for cards. Just make sure to play every single character you meet. And buy all cards from every single trader in the world. Try to play them when you meet them for the first time. Good way to know if you have already played them is that the Gwent dialog will be greyed out next time.

Zangetsu

is the notice attached on a Tree a quest ? I found there is notice on Honey-comb collection ?

also encountered a Bear...killed it :grin_NF:

how to use Cross-Bow ? I selected it using Tab but cannot use it :(

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
is the notice attached on a Tree a quest ? I found there is notice on Honey-comb collection ?

also encountered a Bear...killed it :grin_NF:

how to use Cross-Bow ? I selected it using Tab but cannot use it :(
Only notices that create a journal entry are actual quests. Rests are just for your perusal :)

Using crossbow, you select it, aim and then click attack to shoot, I think mouse 1..

Zangetsu

28hrs into this and collecting gwent cards :winking_NF:

some of the quests are very touchy such as the Bloody Baron's "Family Matters"

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
28hrs into this and collecting gwent cards :winking_NF:

some of the quests are very touchy such as the Bloody Baron's "Family Matters"
You will often find side quest more interesting than main. There is an amazing amount of detail in all side quests. All of them have a story.

Zangetsu

Is there any way I can tell that I already won a Card from Merchant ?

Damn there are still lots of quests,secondary,contract,treasure hunt pending and lots of Question marks on Map :dizzy_NF:

40hrs in this and lot to cover.

Sometimes on whistle Roach doesn't come and I found him busy eating Grass :angry_NF:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Is there any way I can tell that I already won a Card from Merchant ?

Damn there are still lots of quests,secondary,contract,treasure hunt pending and lots of Question marks on Map :dizzy_NF:

40hrs in this and lot to cover.

Sometimes on whistle Roach doesn't come and I found him busy eating Grass :angry_NF:
Best best keep track by definitely winning the very first time you meet a merchant.

So that next time when you talk to them, Gwent dialog will be greyed out.

Cmon he is a horse taking you places. Needs to eat right?

Zangetsu

Best best keep track by definitely winning the very first time you meet a merchant.

So that next time when you talk to them, Gwent dialog will be greyed out.

Cmon he is a horse taking you places. Needs to eat right?

Hmm..so u mean if a Card is not won the Gwent dialog will be white.
what if I lose the game and again come back ?

I think devs should make the merchant icon in some color format in Map so that player will know that gwent card is pending.

Sometimes I have to play twice to know that a gwent card is not won (and so many merchants have same faces and dress code :dizzy_NF:)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Hmm..so u mean if a Card is not won the Gwent dialog will be white.
what if I lose the game and again come back ?

I think devs should make the merchant icon in some color format in Map so that player will know that gwent card is pending.

Sometimes I have to play twice to know that a gwent card is not won (and so many merchants have same faces and dress code :dizzy_NF:)
There is an android app called Gwent tracker. Use it to mark cards you have won. Simple ;)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Is it this Drwent

Do I have to manually check/uncheck cards in it ?
No, I believe it had a name similar to Gwent tracker.

Yes you have to manually keep track. Not so problematic as card set is unique. So you can start by check marking all the cards you already have and then check remaining traders and their locations from the app. This is the best way I can think of.

Update: there are also many online trackers that are up to date. Just Google it.

Killing Machine
Few new screens from Blood and Wine

*i.imgur.com/B2wVaK6.jpg

*i.imgur.com/BTDiFE2.jpg

*i.imgur.com/cjWTwvQ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/i44W3qq.jpg

*i.imgur.com/DFZU8Zn.jpg

Top Bottom