The Witcher 3

anky

Youngling
Erm what's the SPOILER here? Sorry but having played this game for more than 200 hours, this definitely ain't a SPOILER :)
Oh..Sorry then...I have not plyed this game...saving fro new PC, then i will play...you mentioned someone will convert to master blacksmith after some quest..i thought it was part of the story...

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Oh..Sorry then...I have not plyed this game...saving fro new PC, then i will play...you mentioned someone will convert to master blacksmith after some quest..i thought it was part of the story...
Not main story, just one of the many optional side quests. That too its an easter egg that I did not mention. Play and find out :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You get experience for killing. Extra experience when the quest completes.
Note: if you are 3 or 5 (I forgot) level higher than the monster/bandit, you won't get any experience.
Found this out,
Quests that are at least 6 levels lower than your own level don't give any XP at all (those are marked in grey). If you want to maximize XP, you should do any quests before you outlevel them that much.

b/w XP hack here...
‘The Witcher 3’ Guide: How to Gain XP Quickly

chimera201

Wise Old Owl

IMO, telling the name and location of the master blacksmith and armorer is a spoiler. Then again, Witcher 3 is about eye candy and story not gameplay. So it doesn't matter much.

b/w XP hack here...
‘The Witcher 3’ Guide: How to Gain XP Quickly

Posted 7 months ago. It's been patched. Now you can only get XP when the game intends you to.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
IMO, telling the name and location of the master blacksmith and armorer is a spoiler. Then again, Witcher 3 is about eye candy and story not gameplay. So it doesn't matter much.

Posted 7 months ago. It's been patched. Now you can only get XP when the game intends you to.
Trust me, by my post about the armorer and blacksmith, those who haven't played the game won't know what I am talking about, plus they are not the only master craftsmen in the game world if you still consider it a SPOILER.

As for xp, don't rush it, just do the quests and you will level to max intended in no time without any grinding.

I never grinded in this game and ended up at level 40 at the end of HoS campaign. One more reason why I like this game. Other games like diablo, where you have to grind and only grind- I lose interest in them very quickly.

Edit: having the x% bonus xp from monsters trophy equipped and you get xp from all monsters. I remember leveling up after killing a dog 15 levels below me. This is tested on an older patch though.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
plus they are not the only master craftsmen in the game world if you still consider it a SPOILER.

I'm not sure but AFAIK there is only one master blacksmith and armourer in the base game. And leveling mechanics are pretty bad in this game. The game dictates when you will level up. You don't level up on your own. Skyrim probably has the best leveling mechanics. I completed the base game long ago just FYI.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I'm not sure but AFAIK there is only one master blacksmith and armourer in the base game. And leveling mechanics are pretty bad in this game. The game dictates when you will level up. You don't level up on your own. Skyrim probably has the best leveling mechanics. I completed the base game long ago just FYI.
Possibly to preserve game balance.

Remember than enemies is skyrim scale with you. Enemies in wild hunt don't. So game would become too easy if say someone grinded geralt to level 50 before first quest itself (which someone has actually done )

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i completed everything in white orchards except abandoned site. there are ghouls supposed to be found nearby. but i cant find anything. any help?

Top Bottom