The Witcher 2 not running with VirtuMVP installed

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Hi Folks,

After I installed VirtuMVP which is supported by my mobo Asus Maximus V Gene, I noticed that Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition I have does not start. I googled the error but could not find any solution apart from uninstalling VirtuMVP (and yes it works after I uninstall VirtuMVP).
I've contacted CDProject technical support and waiting for their reply. In the meanwhile has anybody gone through this problem ? and is there any solution available ? I am running Witcher2 Enhanced Edition Patch 3.2 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and have all the windows updates installed.

Regs,
Mandar

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
do u really NEED the MVP :p
must be some glitch...

Actually not :mrgreen:.... but MVP is a great tech ... When it works it really works great, like in case of Skyrim it increases performance by 30 FPS.. :)... yes just tested it and confirmed on my rig. But in case of BF3 it did not have any effect at all.

Have uninstalled MVP as of now... I want to complete Witcher2 to story-line with Iorveth's path now :twisted:.

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
Got reply from tech support. They asked me to install a patch fix (basically the fix which makes witcher2 work without dotnet framework) and that did the trick. Now I'm able to run it even if VirtuMVP is installed.

sharang.d

Youngling
I had the same problem with GTA IV so i uninstalled mvp forever lol.
Did the fps increase on witcher 2 with MVP?

OP
mandarpalshikar

mandarpalshikar

Why So Serious ???
^^ Nope... VirtuMVP doesn't support Witcher2 officially yet. I'll try it by creating custom profile tonight. Try installing the dotnet fix patch listed at The Witcher® 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for getting GTA IV to work.

Top Bottom