The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

healerneil

Broken In
Considering "The Witcher" as one of the most mature RPGs to date with an incredible story line (a bit like Christoper Nolan endings), superbly crafted characters, blurring the line between good and evil, and a medieval world conjured with breathtaking details and haunting melodies where each and every decision contemplated and actions committed moulds the outcome, a thread dedicated to this game is highly apt!
Especially with the upcoming Witcher 2 : Assassins of the Kings scheduled to release on May 17, let the fans of the Witcher await with bated breath!!
Post all your queries, suggestions and discussions regarding this exceptional franchise here.
And for all of the gamer fraternity who have not played..do grab your hands on the Witcher Enhanced Edition and experience a hero like never before : Geralt of Rivia aka The White Wolf..
Cheers!!
Official Site :The Witcher (just check out the trailer :razz::razz:

gameranand

Living to Play
Re: The Witcher 2 and The Witcher :Enhanced Edition discussion

healerneil said:
"The Witcher" as one of the most mature RPGs to date
Well I have to disagree on this one I have played WEE and I personally find DAO and ME series more mature than this one but I am waiting for W2 and that might change it.
healerneil said:
incredible story line (a bit like Christoper Nolan endings), superbly crafted characters, blurring the line between good and evil, and a medieval world conjured with breathtaking details and haunting melodies where each and every decision contemplated and actions committed moulds the outcome
Well yes it does have a real good story and also the characters are quite good. And the best part of this game is that the decisions are not just good or evil there are some neutral options here which is unlike most RPGs out there.

Wither 2 is pretty good game as far as I can tell after watching those trailers and other stuffs. Looking forward to this one.

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In

@ Gameranand...Hmm, yes...DAO, ME are the pinnacle of RPG games no doubt..but i feel that speaking of the Witcher in the same light would be an unfair comparison..just an example..both ME and DA series also involve squad based dynamics and tactis along with RPG elements...the witcher on the other hand is a sole protagonist...also the world realism in witcher is much more authentic and gives a panorama of the diaspora in the medieval age society...also the game combat (superb for those who understand) is solely on sword fighting (not counting alchemy and signs here) and that too the sword fighting technique it employs are based on real world sword skills combining Japanese martial arts, medieval world, street fightings and more..just goes to show a lot of research going into the making!
After the recent Bioware debacle...I only wish they don't CONSOLonise this masterpiece..PC gamers are really left in the lurch when some favorites fall out
Keeping fingers crossed till May 17....
Jus a query @ gameranand....which was your best chapter in The Witcher..i personally loved the Lady of the lake section!! Absolutely stunning world!
Also try getting your hands on the novel by Andrzej Sapkowski The LAST WISH (story of the witcher)..absolute masterpiece!! I got it via Flipkart..must read!

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play

Bro you got me wrong. I didn't compared ME and DAO with Witcher I just commented on their Mature content that ME and DAO has more mature content than Witcher and yeah its a damn good game which allows you to be yourself not just a good or a bad guy.

healerneil said:
i personally loved the Lady of the lake section!! Absolutely stunning world!
Same here. Just one difference I liked Lady more than the world. What a nice piece. :p :)

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
Hehe..that makes two of us..the Lady of the lake fan! :) Man! Can't wait for May 17....chance again to rack the brains..create potions and develop one's attribs ( i simply loved setting the world ablaze with Igni and chop 'em up into blazing glory with Aeondight (the sword gifted by the lady :))......especially with the brain numbing console ports we are having.......as far as the developers are saying..witcher 2 is gonna be a PC exclusive...and so it becomes an automatic must buy!!!! :) Got to support 'em wid all heart :)!

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah been a long time since we got a PC exclusive game. Nowadays when all games are going either console exclusive or multiple ports its nice to see that. A must play for me also.

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
Just checked out the Witcher combat techniques video....absolutely awesome....traps, bombs, magic and the all powerful alchemy :) They even incorporated a throwing knife this time around...just hoping it doesnt fall short of it's expectations!!And YEAH!! The fist fights..absolutely Fight club style :)!

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well actually I don't give a damn about melee combat at all because I like swords more than my hand. But throwing knives are good. I hope that the sword play is damn good.

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
Holy dash dash!!!!!!!! Thanks for the post!! Just about 5 days to go!! I like the Ratings disclaimer at the beginning LOL!!! And the lighting effects seem absolutely awesome!! Lo behold...The real Medieval world madness and mayhem !!!!!!! Can't wait for the story to continue from where it left off in the Witcher ...:)

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
I got The Witcher Enhanced Edition European edition from a friend in UK and is still THE COSTLIEST game I have ever purchased.I searched high and low for it but it wasnt released officially out here...but was worth each and every hard earned money! Now will have to wait whether it's officially released in India or will have to get it from one of my friends abroad :-( but does anyone know wether CD ProjeKt has any distributors in India??
Also i guess the game will be the heavily censored American version if it's released in India..will make some enquiries on wether one can get it ordered from abroad...STEAM VERSIONS ARE ****!!! I still rue the fact I bought Darksiders on steam
Don't get the American release..this game is meant to be played by adults and t's only the European release that really unleashes extreme violence, blood and gore and full sexuality (that is if you like the stuff)
How about us...the Witcher fans sending off an email to the developers for a South Asian release ???

gameranand

Living to Play
healerneil said:
Don't get the American release..this game is meant to be played by adults and t's only the European release that really unleashes extreme violence, blood and gore and full sexuality (that is if you like the stuff)
Yeah right even Witcher and enhanced edition had materials which were censored in NA version while they were present in EU version. Well if I have to play the game I'll play it as developers wanted me to play I mean with all those stuff. :)) :D

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
When materials are censored even in the NA, what hope do we mortals have living here in India?? Lets see if I can get it from abroad..otherwise will just have to wait 6-8 months more for it to reach our shores! :'-(!!
What details in the environment...familiar places like the swamps and familiar enemies like the drowner have been depicted so realistically..and the environments are so dynamic, especially the realistic day and night cycle :)!

P.S : Milestone Interactive are authorised distributors of Atari releases...maybe they will cater to the cries of the Witcher fans in India :-(

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
healerneil said:
When materials are censored even in the NA, what hope do we mortals have living here in India?? Lets see if I can get it from abroad..otherwise will just have to wait 6-8 months more for it to reach our shores! :'-(!!
I'll get the EU version for sure. Hell here Fallout came so late because of a controversy about a animal.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
User reviews at metacritic are terrific. 9.1 Aggregate for 317 votes. But, given the track record of metacritic voters, we should not completely go by their votes.

It seems, most of the reviews haven't received an early review code. So, no release day reviews.

gameranand

Living to Play
vamsi_krishna said:
User reviews at metacritic are terrific. 9.1 Aggregate for 317 votes. But, given the track record of metacritic voters, we should not completely go by their votes.

It seems, most of the reviews haven't received an early review code. So, no release day reviews.
Yup. At IGN it says review in progress for like a day now. Donno when they are going to put up the final review.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Guys at CD Projekt RED could have made good money if they had launched it in India. That being said, I'm still gonna play it. Same goes for Fable 3.

Top Bottom