The Weapons of our Future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Well, we already saw the Ray-Gun post a day back.

Continuin from where i left.. these r the next big things in modern weaponry... youtube files @ the source site

*hight3ch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/top10weapons.jpg

1. XM29 Objective Individual Combat Weapon (OICW), XM307 Advanced Crew Served Weapon (ACSW); replace the M16; esp the latter one... they shoot 25mm grenades & r chipped.

2. Force Field, as of now, fitted on light armored vehicles such as personnel carriers, the force field uses a series of charged metal plates to dissipate the effects of rocket-propelled grenades.

3. Corner Shot, a swivelling 40mm grenade launcher, among other things. Corner Shot turns your pistol into a pistol-caliber, (very) short-barrelled rifle with a swivelling front section. And I used to think only digital cameras had swivel lcds!!!

*www.military.com/pics/SoldierTech_Corner1.jpg

4. Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser. Well... the Advanced Concept Technology Demonstration (ACTD) Tactical High Energy Laser (THEL), codenamed Nautilus, led to the MTHEL. The Tactical High Energy Laser is the first mobile Directed Energy weapon system capable of detecting, tracking, engaging, and defeating Rockets/Artillery/Mortars (RAM), cruise missiles, short-range ballistic missiles, and unmanned aerial vehicles.

5. MOAB Bomb, hmmm.. its the Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb (also called punnily... the Mother Of All Bombs). A 30ft long, 40.5" dia, 21,000 lbs weight GPS-guided munition which delivers the 18,700 lb BLU-120/B warhead bomb with KMU-593/B GPS/INS. Well in layman terms, its not a ground-bursting bomb, but an air-bursting one, thus increasing its destructive range. There is a How Stuff Works link on the same.

6. Direct Energy Weapons, a type of energy weapon that directs energy in a particular direction by a means other than a projectile. It transfers energy to a target for a desired effect. It could be Electromagnetic enery like in lasers or masers, particle beam weapons or any other energetic particle weaponry.

7. Active Denial System - The Ray-Gun, as we talked about it in the earlier post, a non-lethal technology that uses strong millimeter-wave electromagnetic energy to stop, deter and turn back an advancing enemy, esp useful in crowd control.

8. DREAD - Silent Weapon System, a [SIZE=-1]Multiple Projectile Delivery System. No heat, no recoil, no sound, no gunpowder, no flash. .5 caliber shots @ [/SIZE]8,000 fps in a 360degree field of fire [SIZE=-1]in 120,000 rounds per minute of pulverizing power.[/SIZE]

9. Metal Storm Sentry Gun - Another no movin parts, million rounds per minute electronically fired gun, which could actually shread the opponent.

10. Sensor Fused Bombs, they r unpowered, top attack, wide area, cluster munition, designed to achieve multiple kills per aircraft pass against enemy armor and support vehicles. The more famous of them... CBU-97... CBU-105

Inspiration?... Click on the main pic.

Lots of links to lots of weaponry...check out all the links here... all different. Neatly arranged.

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE
a rather horrific, chilling one, though​

Last edited:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I always look for such things on internet:D
dude could you post a screen of every gun(I am a little lazy)
REPS to you Kool d00d;-)

47shailesh

Security Exp
Lethal Weapons we should not forget

Trident_II

B-1_Lancer

B-52_Stratofortress

Cruise_missile

B61_nuclear_bomb

BGM-109_Tomahawk

Gravity_bomb

B-2_Spirit

Honest_John_missile

Last edited:

vimrcds

Right off the assembly line
I want that DREAD system. That'd be sweet, but dear god can you imagine what's going to happen when someone gets his paws on it that's not supposed to? We might end up short one President or some crazy stuff like that.

As for the MOAB, the BLU-82 "daisy cutter" is still my favorite, if only because it sounds so sweet and innocent, but it drops 12,600 pounds of explosion. But this MOAB kind of makes me think of Sodom and Gomorrah. If it wasn't us that have it, I might consider converting.

----------------------------------
Serving, fighting, defending...
My own taxes pay my salary.
United States Army

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Talkin of guns... check one of the smallest guns around... the Swiss Mini Gun
*www.swissminigun.com/img/gal_or_diam_2.0.jpg*www.swissminigun.com/img/gal_or_diam_5.0.jpg*www.swissminigun.com/img/gal_or_diam_6.0.jpg*www.swissminigun.com/img/gal_or_diam_4.0.jpg

Seen things like these in some spy movies... with the lady spy, in her handbag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom