The Unthinkable just happened

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^may be they are giving a free 3G upgrade from 2G to users..
i remember MTNL doing the same..
whats Unthinkable in that?

Krow

Crowman
2g and 3g have same charges afaik. 10 paise per 10 KB. You are likelier to use more while on 3g aren't you? The free internet claim sounds dubious. What is the data limit they offered you?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
:unsure: I'm confused here. AFAIK, Airtel don't provide 3G service at Kolkata. I just rechecked that stats, and my phone can't get any 3G network of Airtel.

Am I missing something here? (or presently you are staying outside Kolkata?)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i had 3G on a 2G sim using 2G rates (1Gb @ 48 for 10days) for almost 3 months. but once tried for unlimited free 3G. trick failed & 3G was dead :-(

johnybravojr

Broken In
thetechfreak, airtel told me its at 2G rates.

i had 3G on a 2G sim using 2G rates (1Gb @ 48 for 10days) for almost 3 months. but once tried for unlimited free 3G. trick failed & 3G was dead :-(

I was using BSNL's 3G by recharging for Rs. 98 for one month internet usage for 3 months when they launched in my city(South Tamil Nadu). And I thought they were ignorant. Then I realized that it was just a Marketing Strategy. They 'unknowingly' let you get used to something at cheap rates/free, make you 'feel' smart, and then they change their rules. You end up hooked to the thing, and can't let go of it. Thats how they "fleece our guts".

An example, but off-topic:DoCoMo offered the cheapest call rates, and they claimed that missed call alerts ought to be free, and it was crime to charge for the service. Now, without notice, everything's changed. Nothing is free or cheap in DoCoMo anymore. Yet, I can't change their service inspite of their poor network coverage. I'm hooked up to it I guess. :grin:

Top Bottom