The Ultimate Ubuntu Customization Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
vish786 said:
@infra_red, i'm ready to make rpm package.
once i complete it
RPM for? fedora? suse? mandriva? There can be subtle differences between them.
vish786 said:
i will go for making an gentoo pack too.
Not to be pessimistic, but are you familiar with ebuilds and portage? It won't be so easy to create one without good knowledge of gentoo's package management system. That's the reason why I have kept off, I am not sure if I will be able to handle it.
If you believe you can do it sure go ahead

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Shashwat Pant said:
Sure buddy. I would have contributed . But since I did not know how to make .deb,.rpm files I am feeling helpless :(

hey even i'm not an expert at creating .deb/.rpm or whatever. all are learners here :) you can contribute by testing it :)

vish786

"The Gentleman"
mehulved said:
RPM for? fedora? suse? mandriva? There can be subtle differences between them.
for mandriva.
mehulved said:
Not to be pessimistic, but are you familiar with ebuilds and portage? It won't be so easy to create one without good knowledge of gentoo's package management system. That's the reason why I have kept off, I am not sure if I will be able to handle it.
If you believe you can do it sure go ahead
that is y i said i'll first go for rpm, if i complete it only then will go for gentoo.

@infra,
if ur doing any changes in the uploading package, with reference to this stuf, do inform.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=588996&postcount=120

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
check the other thread. i've uploaded the files. hey don't get to packaging and stuff now. first test it on each system. i know we'll hafta mod quite a lot things for different distros. we'll do tat step by step. and only after ensuring that everything works perfectly we'll jump in to packaging for different distros.

i'm not using anything for the ones indicated above coz they all do not match leopard. we can use them for another project: mac os tiger. but not for this one.

avikchaks

Ex-KGB
Hey Dark Star
I followed your guide and installed gDesklets but when i open it it starts a terminal .How do I add Desklets to it . Iv gone to Preference > Sessions and made it to start when Gutsy starts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom