The Ultimate thread for Windows Mobile users !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
anyone tried bluehoo ?? live search it :p

xdaforums is a pretty awesome place for any kind of cooking i cooked my won rom from gyan i took there :D

Here is my addition to it:

TCPMP Master Codec Pack (Includes all codecs available including proprietary ones)

For Windows Mobile 5 Users :

*www.mobilitysite.com/boards/new-so...-tcpmp-master-codec-pack-2-cab-installer.html

For Windows Mobile 6 and 6.1 users

*www.mobilitysite.com/boards/new-so...added-tcpmp-master-codec-pack-2-wm6-cab.html

OFFTOPIC: Welcome Back Shantanu Sir! :)

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
thanks man !!! TCPMP is a great player and Codec pack.. you can also use Pocketdivx encoder.. to encode the files within seconds to small size and good quality for winmobile :D

Here is an awesome one.

Total Commander is an advance file manager available for both Windows XP/Vista and Windows Mobile/Pocket PCs/Smartphones. The default file manager on Windows Mobile 6 lacks tonnes of features and this one has all of them including :

* Copy, Move whole subdirs
* Inplace rename, create dirs
* Delete (no recycle bin)
* Zip and unzip
* Properties dialog, change attributes
* Built-in text editor
* Search function (also for text)
* Select/unselect groups of files
* Select with [Sel] button
* FTP client
* File Association Editor
* LAN access
* Send/Receive multiple files via Infrared or Bluetooth (OBEX)
* Brief, full and large icons mode
* Single or two file window mode
* Option to hide all files in ROM
* Directory hotlist as in Total Commander
* Directory history through dropdown list
* Tree view
* Configurable button bar
* Simple help function
* Shortcut creation and maintainance (changing the target of shortcut if the original file is moved, deleted etc)

Current version is 2.51 and gives PC like file management experience on the phone. Download it form here:

*www.ghisler.com/ce.htm

Kenshin

meowww meoww
I use resco for navigation, its really good

*www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/

and since windows phones dun get detected on linux, i use a utility called card export which makes the phone work as a usb media

*www.softick.com/pocket-pc/cardexport2/

If you are the Geekiest of the Geekiest ones and want to get total control of your mobile OS too (like you do on your PC) then here are some great tools for you. All of these are available at www.dotfred.com

1. Task Manager : Beware, this is not an ordinary task manager, it combines many features under its hood which are available as power tools on Windows XP/Vista. It includes following tools:
Process manager
- Process Manager : Like the process view on task manager on Windows XP/Vista, really helpful for killing tasks run secretly in the background.
- CPU usage Monitor
- Application Manager : Like the Tasks tab in the Task manager on Windows.
- Service Manager : Control services on your windows mobile (like services.msc in XP/Vista)
- Device Manager (only WM2005 and above)
- Windows Manager : Shows a hierarchical list of Top level and child windows open.
- Notification Manager : Shows which apps are registered for system level notifications and you can even register your app through it.
- IP Config utility : Similar to ipconfig on PC
- Ping utility
- Net Stats utility
- Registry Editor : Really powerful one. Edit registry just like on Windows Regedit.
- Run program utility

2. PIM Backup : Great tool for backing up your data to your memory card. You can later move it to your pc, if you want to.

3. Softkeys Applet : Windows Mobiles do not have any GUI option to change what the two softkeys do and the factory setting is Calender and Contacts which is good, but if you like to change it, this is the app. It appears in the settings folder of phone. Personally i dont use the calender that much as the apponitments display on Today screen can also be used for that so i assigned the phone dialer to it :).

4. Start Menu : This is a cool one and greatly simplifies the start menu of Win mobile. It adds cascading facility to programs and settings menu and provides an option to soft reset or suspend your device. By default it comes in a large icon mode. if you dont like it, use the registry editor in the Task Manger to change the value given on the download page.

5. Task Switcher: Assign it to one of your hardware buttons and you can quickly list, switch between, and close task no matter where you are. no need to minimize all apps and then use the task manager to switch or kill.

And for people whp are having difficulty typing on the small keyboard of your touchscreen,

6. SPB Fullscreen Keyboard is the ultimate keyboard for you. Its a paid app but it does wonders for your typing, specially for sms and e-mail junkies. It offers both landscape and portrait mode (and believe me, its the only keyboard that really is usable in protrait mode with Fat Fingers too) as well as autocorrect and suggestions. Download a trial or purchase from

*www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/fsk/?en

Or you can search....... anyways :D :D You know what. :)

@KENSHIN : Ya Resco Explorer is a good one, but i think its too heavy for the functionality it provides. Its only advantages are a Recycle Bin and Finger Touch Friendly Mode, as for me. Otherwise @ 600KB, Total Commander does everything that Resco does along with a two pane layout.And FTP and Registry functionality is also included in it while resco needs additional plugins over its already big 2.0 MB size. And best of all, Total Commander is totally free while Resco is a paid app. No offences, just comparing them.

My latest discovery :D :D

iContacts Burt's Edition 6.4.5
-----------------------------

Download URL : *burt.vndv.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=1

*burt.vndv.com/mkportal/modules/gallery/album/a_27.png

This is a cotact management application that you can use as a replacement for your outlook contacts app. It is designed to be used by Fingers and has the TouchFlow kind of scrolling using finger.

Supports all major options you need with contact, like Searching, Adding, Editing, Deleting, Dialing, SMSing a contact, a favourites list, photo support etc.

Its very easy to use and i found it one of the best, usability wise, among 4-5 other apps i tried in this category. Try it, its a FREEWARE!

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Now here's something different this time: All the programmers out there who cant stop programming even when they are away from their computers, introducing........ :)

1. Pocket C# (includes PocketC#, OpenC#IDE and Pocket CMD.exe) (Freeware)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Location : *freewareppc.com/download/utilities/pocketccombo.shtml

Homepage and Documentation : *pocketgcc.sourceforge.net/pcsharp/index.html

This package allows you to create, edit and compile simple command line and gui programs using the .NET Compact Framework 2.0. It Includes :

Pocket C# : The compiler and related tools.
OpenC#IDE : A simple c# IDE with color coding and project management support.
PocketCMD : CMD.exe for pocket pc :D
and a support package for cmd.exe.

This package must be installed in the phone memory in order for it to work properly. And if you have any problem running cmd.exe then follow these steps :

1. Using any Registry Editor software (many freewares are available, google it), navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Console.
2. Change the value of OutputTo to 0x000000(Hex) from 0xFFFFFF. Edit the editor.

This will make the cmd.exe run properly.

2. Pocket GCC - GCC Port for Pocket PC (FREEWARE)

Download Link *www.freewareppc.com/download/utilities/pocketgcc.shtml

Homepage and Documentation: *pocketgcc.sourceforge.net/index.html

This is the Pocket PC port of the GNU C Compiler (GCC) 3.2 and BinUtils 2.13. It can be use to compile command line as well as GUI apps complete with resources and everything right on the pocket pc. What else should i say :)

3. WordNETCF Dictionary for Windows Mobile (Freeware)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download URL : *www.ebswift.com/PocketPC/WordNet/
This is an ultimate english to english dictionary for Windows Mobile 5/6 and runs on the same database of its PC based sister application WordNET. The pocket version is a port by a person named Troy from EBSwift.com.

Its supports colour coded presentatition, Regular Expression as well as normal search and a vast database of words that is sized around 34MB!!

Its just great!

And have a look at this, its one hell of a cool app!

4. Remote Keyboard - Control your Windows Mobile using your PC's Keyboard and Mouse (FREEWARE)

Download Location : *www.trancreative.com/rkb.aspx

This cool app comes with a PC executable and a PPC installation file and allows a Windows Mobile Device which is connected to active sync via cable or bluetooth to be controlled using PC's keyboard and mouse.

This can also be used under linux using the telnet protocol.

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

ruturaj3

Journeyman
I hav HTC P3300 wit WM 6, can i install WM 6.5 on it. My fone is under warranty, will htc service center install it for free ? or i hav to pay for tat.

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Congrats bro, for the thread.

I am using a windows mobile smartphone MotoQ9h

I used it as my main device till i get my iPhone 3G

I still had the phone for the Office Mobile and some of the enterprises features.

Just for my curiosity, can I upgrade from WM6 to WM6.1 in my MotoQ9h?

A how-to guide will be appreciated.

Last edited:

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
I hav HTC P3300 wit WM 6, can i install WM 6.5 on it. My fone is under warranty, will htc service center install it for free ? or i hav to pay for tat.

HTC 3300 (Artemis) - there is no official WM6.1 ROM,you can download and install 'cooked' 6.1 ROMS from 'xda-developers' website.

Regarding WM6.5 ROM for Artemis,you can check PDAmobiz and PDAviet sites,few are available,but stability is questionable.

Now,microsoft has announced WM7,which will be official from next year (source:gsmarena.com).

So,choice is yours!

ruturaj3

Journeyman
HTC 3300 (Artemis) - there is no official WM6.1 ROM,you can download and install 'cooked' 6.1 ROMS from 'xda-developers' website.

Regarding WM6.5 ROM for Artemis,you can check PDAmobiz and PDAviet sites,few are available,but stability is questionable.

Now,microsoft has announced WM7,which will be official from next year (source:gsmarena.com).

So,choice is yours!

Ok. Ya i know tat WM 7 will b launched next year. I ask since my fone is under warranty. So i thought i can upgrade os from service center. Like Nokia and SE for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom