OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
@Saumil996
1] Cut Mosquito Net in the shape of bezel.
2] Stiffen the edges with nail polish (preferably black) or with fevicol.
3] If 400R have hooks to install filters then no problem; But if it doesn't then use double sided tape (preferably black; though it's very hard to find black).

Cheers !

Last edited:

Saumil996

Journeyman
Congrats on your new rig!

1] Cut Mosquito Net in the shape of bezel.
2] Stiffen the edges with nail polish (preferably black) or with fevicol.
3] If 400R have hooks to install filters then no problem; But if it doesn't then use double sided tape (preferably black; though it's very hard to find black).

Cheers !

Thank You! Nice way to stiffen the edges. But won't double sided tape leave marks on the case when you remove it?? If yes then is there some way to remove the marks?

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Thank You! Nice way to stiffen the edges. But won't double sided tape leave marks on the case when you remove it?? If yes then is there some way to remove the marks?

Honestly I am also using it first time too; I think it will leave some marks.:-x
I am not sure but maybe Turpentine useful in that situation.

I have installed these home made filters as a permanent fixture. In future, If I want to clean them, I will use blower from inside cabinet so dust will blow outside.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ great effort and liked this very much ( planning to do some thing like this in future with my cabby too ) ;-)

*i48.tinypic.com/i55evd.jpg

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
^^ great effort and liked this very much ( planning to do some thing like this in future with my cabby too ) ;-)

One advice -
I have cutout the whole front bezel and then installed this Internal filter as well as Outer filter. The reason - If I install Single Double Layer filter, the front fan have to make more effort to suck air in and thus more noise. So, I just split it in Two single layer filter for smooth airflow & low noise (or say no noise at all :wink:).

As far as I know you don't own NZXT 210 Elite; which has solid front bezel; so be think-full (which, I know you are ) before installing Double Layer Filters like I have. It can disturb airflow and shall make some noise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thanks for your quick mod work (New title) !
Cheers !

Last edited:

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Awesome Rig Mate:-D!!!Instead of double layer net you could probably use a mesh of the El cheapo laptop cooler but it is expensive just a suggestion:mrgreen:

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
@101gamzer
Thanks for compliment and suggestion.
I have spend Rs.70, an hour and thodasa unused dimag for this fan filter. :wink:

@Tenida
Thanks mate.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
One advice -
I have cutout the whole front bezel and then installed this Internal filter as well as Outer filter. The reason - If I install Single Double Layer filter, the front fan have to make more effort to suck air in and thus more noise. So, I just split it in Two single layer filter for smooth airflow & low noise (or say no noise at all :wink:).

As far as I know you don't own NZXT 210 Elite; which has solid front bezel; so be think-full (which, I know you are ) before installing Double Layer Filters like I have. It can disturb airflow and shall make some noise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And thanks for your quick mod work (New title) !
Cheers !

you used dremel for the cutting work ? and thanks for the tips - i will keep those in mind ;-)

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Yes; But I don't have any experience with any type of cutting tools. My friend helped me out here; he has hardware shop. And I must say, he has very steady hand too.;):lol:

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Am i missing the GPU :confused:
Yes. I don't have GPU yet. B'cause gaming GPUs are not beneficial for apps like 3D Max, VRay, FryRender etc. So, I will buy either Quadro or FirePro after couple of months. :Fingerx:
And thanks for compliment.

@fz8975
Thanks mate !

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes; But I don't have any experience with any type of cutting tools. My friend helped me out here; he has hardware shop. And I must say, he has very steady hand too.;):lol:

ok , Thanks for the info -- even I don't have enough exp. about this but my elder bro can help me in this ;-)

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Hello,hows the rendering on the new rig....Please let us know as this would help us

Ohhh... it's like changing Maruti 800 to Nissan Skyline (it's my dream car though. :crazy:)

For render testing purpose, I have render an old scene (small bedroom + the morning + sun rays coming in from sliding doors) in 3D Max 2009 (32 Bits) + V-Ray 1.5 on my old system - P4/XP SP3 32 Bits/512MB RAM :oops: and on The Soul and end result was astonishing -
P4 | 13 hrs. 12 minutes
The Soul | 56 minutes 42 sec.

And this also when, 3D Max is 32 Bits and OS is XP SP3 (The Soul - dual boot - XP & 7) for testing purpose. If you know about rendering, you will understand what I am trying to say.:wink:

And sorry for late reply....!

Top Bottom