The Samsung Galaxy 551 I5510 Thread

rsk11584

Journeyman
Inviting all users / owners of SAMSUNG GALAXY 551 I5510 THREAD to post their views / queries / suggestions on this phone.

For me its a good phone have to yet explore the features, installed some apps vide android market through wifi also downloaded some apps from internet to PC the APK files, for installing APK files have downloaded the software ASTRO FILE MANAGER heard that this will install apps from PC to SD / MEMORD card.

As i explore more will post my review, my earlier phone was NOKIA 6151, i hate the idea of single message box in new generation phones, (SAMSUNG GALAXY 551) , it was good to have a INBOX, OUTBOX, SENT FOLDER, DRAFTS FOLDER and SAVED MESSAGES FOLDER, ....

The box has the swype feature mentioned but nowhere in the settings neither while composing could I ever get the swype option ;( ;(

Last edited:

Dorian Gray

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I get annoying phone calls from a particular number and I intend to block all calls and messages from that number. Also,I don't want any sort of notifications regarding calls from that number. Are there any features within the phone which I can use? I've tried call blockers from the Android market,but I still get missed call notifications. Any free app which blocks call without calls featuring in the call log.

Please help.

Thanks,
DG
Dorian Gray is online now Report Post
Edit/Delete Message

isar998

wifi "disabled"

i bought a galaxy 551 few weeks ago. i have a wifi router at my home but couldnt connect it to my galaxy. Everytime i turn on wifi on my galaxy, first it says obtaining ip address, then it says remembered and after few seconds it says "disabled". :x

i m using Pronet 54M Wireless Router. This works fine with my 2 desktops and samsung wave.

plz help!!!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Re: wifi "disabled"

i bought a galaxy 551 few weeks ago. i have a wifi router at my home but couldnt connect it to my galaxy. Everytime i turn on wifi on my galaxy, first it says obtaining ip address, then it says remembered and after few seconds it says "disabled". :x

i m using Pronet 54M Wireless Router. This works fine with my 2 desktops and samsung wave.

plz help!!!

Check router security settings. If set on WEP, change it to WPA/WPA2 and try again. I had a similar problem on my Optimus One on Netgear router at home. It was solved after changing security settings.

This problem does not occur when using Belkins router at office even though it is WEP.

If it still doesn't work, backup your data and do a hard reset of the phone... See if it helps...

Hi guys,

I get annoying phone calls from a particular number and I intend to block all calls and messages from that number. Also,I don't want any sort of notifications regarding calls from that number. Are there any features within the phone which I can use? I've tried call blockers from the Android market,but I still get missed call notifications. Any free app which blocks call without calls featuring in the call log.

Please help.

Thanks,
DG
Dorian Gray is online now Report Post
Edit/Delete Message

Tried and tested app Mr Number from the Android market. Use it.

Samsung phones also have a builtin blacklist. My Galaxy SL i9003 has that option. From the call log, I long press a number and on the menu, click on add to blacklist. Similar functionality for SMS is available in Go SMS pro to block unwanted SMS...

saradayerramalle

Hi..
I have been using Samsung Galaxy I5510 since 2 months..
i have the PC Suite installed on my lappy.
i want to connect my phone to my desktop as a data drive..
sometimes it gets recognized on my desktop.. sometimes not...
currently my phone is not getting detected to my desktop..

Can anyone help?

Top Bottom