The RMA Experience Thread

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
When my gigabyte mobo died,I took it directly to service centre.I saw the poster there on wall stating to bring processor & ram when taking back the mobo to confirm everything is working fine.I did the same & they connected my processor & ram in repaired mobo & started up the system 1-2 times.This is a good practice.Whenever you are going to service centre to take back repaired mobo,always take your processor & ram with you to confirm basic components are working fine.

P.S.after repair the bios was set to default which caused BSOD when I connected my hdd at home,figured it out after a day of experimenting & testing that,by default,sata ports were set in legacy mode instead of the AHCI mode which was required for my OS install to boot correctly.

Yes. They checked computer first and also checked in front of me.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Checking computer is different from checking just mobo+processor+ram(sometimes service centre guys would use their own ram,cpu fan is also theirs). If latter combination is working fine then issue may be with cpu fan/psu/loose connection somewhere/shorting inside cabinet somewhere etc.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Yes they will not charge in 1 months time.
Earlier they inspected computer and told me that problem found on 2nd-3rd day. So they are finding exact problem with motherboard and later told me motherboard is faulty and they sent to Gigabyte service centre. Motherboard returned from service centre and they told me they will test it and it will take 2 days. They tested it and I went to get back computer. And they started computer in front of me. It was working. But speaker was missing so on next day I called them and told the same. They gave me speaker. I tried that but wasn't working. After removing same problem started..

I don't think they will inspect in front of me..
But as it's no charge in month period if problem persist again. I will go to them one last time..

Also I sent mail to Gigabyte service, (site ticket).
Why are you going with primeabgb? You have to go to Gigabyte Service Center directly.
You have to ask them if they will give replacement mobo or not?
Take the processor and ram along with you to check if the replacement mobo is working fine or not.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gigabyte service centre will not give you replacement mobo without trying to repair the original mobo given for RMA.If for some reason repair is not possible or not worth it,then only will they give a replacement mobo.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Checking computer is different from checking just mobo+processor+ram(sometimes service centre guys would use their own ram,cpu fan is also theirs). If latter combination is working fine then issue may be with cpu fan/psu/loose connection somewhere/shorting inside cabinet somewhere etc.

ok..
I submitted for last time checking motherboard with primeabgb, on Monday last week.
They contacted gigabyte service center, they asked to bring processor and ram along with motherboard.

After some days, they (Gigabyte) found that Core IC and transistor was damaged. And they "Repaired" it.
They did not mentioned which IC and transistor they repaired or replaced. Even primeabgb not asked about cause for this problem, even they don't know. :facepalm:

But after that, computer is working fine for me.. using it from Monday no restart problem happened..
but primeabgb damaged some software, which are not working perfectly. So I need to reinstall or format Computer.

Service.. Not recommended at all...:ban:
But their cable management is not bad and sells department. You can go for RMA, but don't go for Service or Repair.

Where I can check motherboard repaired place and ask them what exactly was the problem??
Can I ask gigabyte service center about recent repairs they've done?

Why are you going with primeabgb? You have to go to Gigabyte Service Center directly.
You have to ask them if they will give replacement mobo or not?
Take the processor and ram along with you to check if the replacement mobo is working fine or not.

Started with them ended with them..
Also they told me bring motherboard here only so they can explain it better.
Now I will directly respective service center.
BTW not going there for repair.

Exactly, primeabgb told me that they sent processor and ram along with motherboard to Gigabyte.
replacement was not done but they repaired core IC and transistor of motherboard.

Gigabyte service centre will not give you replacement mobo without trying to repair the original mobo given for RMA.If for some reason repair is not possible or not worth it,then only will they give a replacement mobo.

ok
thanks for info..

Is there any way to check repaired motherboard info, problems, cause, etc on Gigabyte site or by emailing them??

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thanks all for helping and supporting and suggestions.

NOW, COMPUTER IS IN WORKING CONDITION......................................

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is not possible to get the details of repair work done on mobo.If your windows was activated "legitimately" using hardware ID & after repair it was deactivated then you can at least confirm that some component of mobo was changed because activation is based mostly on mobo hardware ID.

edit:see below post

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@TigerKing see this post Need Gigabyte service center in kolkata
It seems it depends on service centre guys to tell you about the details of repair work done but you may have to ask it personally at the centre itself which in your case was not there.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
It is not possible to get the details of repair work done on mobo.If your windows was activated "legitimately" using hardware ID & after repair it was deactivated then you can at least confirm that some component of mobo was changed because activation is based mostly on mobo hardware ID.

edit:see below post

hey are you suggesting to format??
because I didn't face any problems, except internet driver was not working and windows setting were disturbed (like battery setting, wallpaper etc etc..)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It depends on your trust level.I don't trust anybody with my system & admin password so I always make a C drive/system drive image before giving system to any service centre & restore the image once I get it back,reversing any changes made by service centre personnel.At least do a full system scan(incl all drives) using latest updated good AV.

quicky008

Technomancer
Does anyone here have any experience with the after sales service of Asus' smartphones? Do they charge excessively,even for carrying out basic repairs?

I am thinking of buying an asus phone for myself in fk's ongoing sale,hence this enquiry.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is good at least in Delhi as per my friend.Out of warranty mobile repair charges at authorized service centres will always be higher than in local mobile repair shops. However I suggest to create a thread in mobile section for best suggestions.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
How do I claim warranty for
Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120mm Air Flow Fan??

Fan is running at full speed but motherboard bios showing 0 rpm. And gives fan fail warning, continuous beep sound.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/727e0fbf71ca780affea3378b54d978a.jpg

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/f6e8cf2eb3b6ac0617dd9c9a00f98799.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Beep sound/speed switching on and off randomly for any random duration.
Have you experienced any "bios/system date reverting to older year" issue? Completely turn off your pc(incl ups & mains switch) for half an hour & then turn it back on & see whether the date/time shown in bios is correct.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Have you experienced any "bios/system date reverting to older year" issue? Completely turn off your pc(incl ups & mains switch) for half an hour & then turn it back on & see whether the date/time shown in bios is correct.
no reverting.. directly reset to default. 1 time today..
And earlier 2 times past 2 weeks.

I tried removing that fan.. then I got no beep sound for 1-2 hour.

quicky008

Technomancer
Does anybody know about the service center location of a company called Ant E sports?

I bought a gaming mouse of this brand from amazon in march this year,but despite being sparingly used over the last few months,its scroll wheel is now busted.

So the only option is to either rma it or go for a new mouse.As this is not very old and is supposedly still under warranty,i dont wish to throw it away right now.

Top Bottom