The OSes and The Organisations are fooling us. Lets Wake up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satissh S

Youngling
Hey guys think of interaction with the comp sans the OS.
Why do we tend to use these middle men in our lives when we can directly interact with the system! Hey Friends we must all think independently to buid small programs for using the computer for our needs. After all we need to order our servant rather than limiting it to certain capablities! 8)
what about the programming language to program! Lets create our own! This is for individual users and a collective group could create their own.
Let every computer do some job why should they do it in the same way
though mey be similar bt shud'nt be the same. The OSes are trying to fool us with new new filesystems fat , fat32,ext3 etc., After all it is a piece of code hidden in each file system!. :roll: :wink: :wink: :cry:

Of course these are my own views and thoughts though it may hinder the ease of use. I tink thats when every computer user knows to write instructions and teach his servants what he is gonna do? Only then i woud say computing will reach its golden period and we'll be able to make good use of it!

Your Ideas PLZ

technoteen

Journeyman
plz post all such discussion in general section

m8 i would just say that it is not that easy to talk to the hardware as easily as you are thinking and what you are saying is just that every pc should have its different os (which implies different kernels for eac hpc, and by no means writing a kernel is joke)

and the filesystems are not crap, each new file system has its adavntages and disadvantages.if it was not for ntfs you would never have been able to use disk larger than 32 gb on you windows pc

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
wow excuse me...but each file system is unique...
check out these links and u may understand that a filesystem isnt "just a piece of code"
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system

for a quick comparison of file systems, go here: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems

and read the lines here to find the working of some of the important file systems:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_allocation_table
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext3
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReiserFS
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFS_Plus

a file system is something used to organise the files on ur hard disk, to index them, and have addresses of files, without that, u cant even imagine the chaos.

and its not in every1's capability to know programming languages, not everyone is a hardcore programmer, so, writing programs for every other purpose by every other person is impossible.

u must try to know the working of an OS, and if u knew anything abt the code involved in making an OS, how to address hardwares, the file-system u wud NEVER have asked a question as u did...its no ordinary task at all....

:D

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
I agree with all your views! and of course i don't have answers to those questions! I just cited the file system as an example to boo the OSes but certainly i'm na interested in the details either.

But Just Think about everything related to comp for a few minutes. Iam in a situation where i can't express in words!

Was'nt all these man made! Then what's the possibility that he might have done it in some other way!

Of course communicating with a washing machine is more simpler than communicating with a computer!

Think my Friends! We're in an illusion of certain things and they could've been a lot more simpler and a lot more powerful!

After all finally everything boils down to 1's and 0's and the way you use them is what really counts!

vysakh

Padawan
well, if i was a software expert or was perfect in computer language, i would have created an OS of my own.

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Hey

Hey look man if it was so easy developing wouldnt we be having a billion oses by now.Now seriously think man we dont even have an Indian os and ur calling for individual users having their own os.How will u develop the ur own browser.If the file systems are different(.jpg,.gif)How will u share ur files

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
Why? can't we share files by creating groups of common group members who use a common os!?
If all these are done information would be secure as it could only be read by the usergroup!
No spyware can sneak in! or even this gr8ly decreases the threat of viruses!

NikhilVerma

Padawan
[Thinking Out Loud]I think like the viruses had a code randomizer to make their detection diffucult...

We should have something like this for OS's so that each OS's is different than the other... This way they can be more protected... [/Thinking Out Loud]

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Satish S, heres some food for thought that could end all your doubts about specific custom made OS's. Windows XP contains 45 million lines of code. Communicates flawlessly with different hardware which is unique for every pc on earth. Is that as easy as communicating with a washing machine as you've said? It's obviously a painstaking laborious process.
NikhilVerma said:
I think like the viruses had a code randomizer to make their detection diffucult...
Viruses cannot have "code randomizers" coded. I believe you are talking about polymorphic viruses

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
sreevirus said:
and its not in every1's capability to know programming languages, not everyone is a hardcore programmer, so, writing programs for every other purpose by every other person is impossible.

I am sorry sree, can't agree with you on this. Writing codes is not going to the moon. I thot there are atlest 1000 engineering colleges in India producing around 4 lac engineers every year who are taught to code.

Why not? why can't writing a program be made as simple as writing a page on the effects of globalisation.

Next, the utility of operating systems is different. Personally i feel Windows Xp is cr@p. There are so many viri for it

Tell me 1 viri for MAC OS X(10.x). Yes there are viri for MAC OS Classic(9.x). Then you would say, "oh! mac isn't popular".. but why isnt there even ONE virus, adware or spyware for MAC os X. ....Its been there for 4 years....

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
anand said:
I am sorry sree, can't agree with you on this. Writing codes is not going to the moon. I thot there are atlest 1000 engineering colleges in India producing around 4 lac engineers every year who are taught to code.

Why not? why can't writing a program be made as simple as writing a page on the effects of globalisation.
well..not all r engineers, are they? do all the colleges (for commerce and art) teach c++ and java programming? will all be interested in learning it? i dont think so...also, not every1 will be in a position to even own a PC, so the prospect is not possible...

and abt windows xp, its very stable, and not like its predecessors like win98, and microsoft doesnt code viruses, and yes, i do use softwares for my security and also a bit of common sense to prevent viruses...so blaming winxp to be bad coz of viruses aint good.

a virus for OSX? here u go:
*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sh.renepo.b.html
SH.Renepo.B is a data-collecting script virus that only runs on Mac OS X systems.

Note: Virus definitions dated prior to October 26, 2004 may detect this threat as MacOS.Renepo.B or Hacktool.Openerscript.

Also Known As: MacOS.Renepo.B, Unix/Opener.worm [McAfee], Worm.MacOS.Opener.a [Kaspersky], SH/Renepo-A [Sophos], MAC_RENEPO.B [Trend Micro]

Type: Virus
Infection Length: 46,007 bytes

Systems Affected: Macintosh OS X
and from what i have read, viruses r very much possible on OSX...there have been viruses documented on the earlier versions of mac.

also see this site:
*www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49609 <-- from the mouths of mac users themselves.

cmon yaar...no os is bug free..and ppl will take advantages of the holes in the os and create malware...the fault here with windows is that its very popular and ppl will naturally target it more.

Disclaimer: i am not supporting nor am i against any company/OS.

OP
Satissh S

Satissh S

Youngling
I thought the whole night yesterday without sleep and i get a feeling that were really rocking here. As you can see most of those working in software companies in US are indians. If in all possibility they feel more patriotic then they will certainly help the cause. Unless India becomes a software powerhouse we'll be always a developing country, that's for sure!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Ummm I thought India was already a software powerhouse. Indian software compnies are blooming everywhere and are making truck loads or money. So what if we don't have our own OS?

Back to the topic at hand, it is easy for people who have programming experience to write code but what about the majority who have no experience? And how will they code? Won't they need some platform to code on? What about sharing/communicating as others pointed out? How do you plan on accomplishing that if you have a billion different OSes? You said creating closed groups. But doesnt that mean that everyone codes the same way? And use linux and write code to make your own OS. It is free!!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
YES the B.COM guys can STUDYT C++.... therez an option for that in TYBCOM.. infact c++, foxpro... GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT DUDE

sree i fail to understand that u can't read the fine print.. virex is mainly used for protecting mac fromn spreading pc viruses than for mac viruses itself.

Also all the 4 viri mentioned there are for MAc OS Classic... and NOT for os x....

also they aren't even viruses.... they are sort of dependent on other software....

anna i think you have very little knowledge of the market share... apple commands a good 5% share in the market(equal to the share of firefox in the browser market).... then tell me why isn't there even ONE main line virus????

Don't u think any programmer would like to be famous by creating the first MAC virus??// eh????

neways am not gonna post here... because u speak on theories.. go try out a mac.. therez an apple store in bandra... and 5 dealers in andheri.... go try out a mac first.... and then talk.... get ur facts straight

u even said that tiger isn't 64 bit? how bad is that? the last time i heard.. panther was fully 64-bit complaint.... then how do they use g5's anna?

u even said linux duznt run on a MAC.... thats why i said...get ur facts right.... then talk....

"half knowledge is dangerous"

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@mail2and...whats wrong with u m8..?? been seeing ur posts in the forum nd ur always up with a flamethrower on ur shoulder!!!!

according to u winXP is cr@p,MAC rulez...rite???
but only ACCORDING to u...so just post ur views dont force them...!

nd for a change just coooool down!!

F

FilledVoid

I seemed to be lost on this topic....

Why do we tend to use these middle men in our lives when we can directly interact with the system!

How in the world do we use a computer "without" this ???

After all we need to order our servant rather than limiting it to certain capablities!

Are the OS makers somehow limiting you in what you want to do with your computer :shock:

I also think this should go to the General section.

Apart from that , making an OS seems to be a great idea. Like nemesis said , to start out you can try to build your own Linux Distro .. :D

Check out this link too www.linuxfromscratch.org

G

gxsaurav

Yo Yo Yo, making an OS is not easy, just take a look how much time it is taking MS to make Longhorn or How much time it took for apple to develop Tigar (2 years)

without a middleware program, we cannot interact directoly to the system hardware, this middleware program is Kernal, if we have to make something to interact directoly to hardware, then it has to be written in assembly language, & the program will be like BIOS, for the flashy things like FF or WMP, U need a middleware program which tells the code to interact to the hardware

File system is extremely required, try making it, without any experience U will end up in making a working file system n 6 years

The OS, like windows & mac don't limit U in any way, U can make just about anything on it, who though that they can have moving animation on desktop with DesktopX in Windows 98, or skinned windows in Windows 2000

gamefreak14

Journeyman
mail2and said:
YES the B.COM guys can STUDYT C++.... therez an option for that in TYBCOM.. infact c++, foxpro... GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT DUDE
Don't tell me that rudimentary knowledge of C++ will allow you to code an OS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that OS programming requires you to know assembly language?
mail2and said:
apple commands a good 5% share in the market(equal to the share of firefox in the browser market)
5% --- There you have your answer. A virus writer creates a virus for the attention. He wants global recognition, not just from americans.
From your previous discussions its clear that a mac = great tool for designers + looks to die for + simple system + "hatke" system. Where are the finer aspects of buying a pc, man? Like versatility, affordability (a 1 lakh mac will get you a pc worth 40,000 ) and speed? If that is the case, why don't we see macs used extensively in organizations? Why do they feel that buying a 1000 pcs is better than buying a 1000 macs? It's all about the money, dude.
mail2and said:
Personally i feel Windows Xp is cr@p. There are so many viri for it
That's it? I don't know why people are chugging along with MS. They release bad products, and yet Mr.Jobs never gets the appreciation. Do you know why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom