The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

thoma

Right off the assembly line
No bro....!!!

check earthing in your flat.

I have purchased a Redmi Note 3 online and was getting mild electric shock / tingling from the back panel while the phone is being charged.

> While being connected to the charger, very LIGHTLY RUN your FINGERS across the top of the metal back panel without touching any other metal portion of the phone. You get better shock if you are grounded to earth but I even got it without grounding. Once the charger is switched off from the mains, the issue is not there.

> I have tried charging using my Redmi 1s charger and tried charging at different sockets and at different buildings. The issue persists.

> Strangely, the phone do not give out shocks while being charged from my Mi Power Bank. But once the same is plugged in to charger from mains, the phone gives out shocks again.

> I have asked a few of my friends who denied first but was able to recognize the issue a second time. I bought a replacement and that too had the same issue so I had to return that too. I took the phone to the Xiaomi authorized service center at my place and had a technician touch the back panel while charging and he definitely said that it is abnormal behavior for any phone to give out stray currents and that it might be caused because of a shorting inside. But one another friend who uses an April 2016 make is not getting the issue.

thoma

check earthing in your flat.

No bro....!!!

Have checked with another charger and different sockets at different places. Asked one of my friend who got a recent one and he too confirmed the issue. But another friend with April build is not getting anything.

I took my phone to service center and they too confirmed shock/tingling and asked to replace if that option is available. I got a replacement and still the same issue.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Have checked with another charger and different sockets at different places. Asked one of my friend who got a recent one and he too confirmed the issue. But another friend with April build is not getting anything.

I took my phone to service center and they too confirmed shock/tingling and asked to replace if that option is available. I got a replacement and still the same issue.

If nothing solves your issue then ask for refund.

icebags

Technomancer
I have purchased a Redmi Note 3 online and was getting mild electric shock / tingling from the back panel while the phone is being charged.

> While being connected to the charger, very LIGHTLY RUN your FINGERS across the top of the metal back panel without touching any other metal portion of the phone. You get better shock if you are grounded to earth but I even got it without grounding. Once the charger is switched off from the mains, the issue is not there.

> I have tried charging using my Redmi 1s charger and tried charging at different sockets and at different buildings. The issue persists.

> Strangely, the phone do not give out shocks while being charged from my Mi Power Bank. But once the same is plugged in to charger from mains, the phone gives out shocks again.

> I have asked a few of my friends who denied first but was able to recognize the issue a second time. I bought a replacement and that too had the same issue so I had to return that too. I took the phone to the Xiaomi authorized service center at my place and had a technician touch the back panel while charging and he definitely said that it is abnormal behavior for any phone to give out stray currents and that it might be caused because of a shorting inside. But one another friend who uses an April 2016 make is not getting the issue.

try with a better charger from other reputed brands, like samsung etc and reply back to us. if persists, try another power outlet at an another house at another locality.

this is normally the charger issue, either internal shorts during manufacturing or new design related. if u charge from PB or computer usb, u wont get this.

thoma

[MENTION=325148]thoma[/MENTION] I suspect it be an issue with grounding. No other phone gives any kind of shock?

try with a better charger from other reputed brands, like samsung etc and reply back to us. if persists, try another power outlet at an another house at another locality.

this is normally the charger issue, either internal shorts during manufacturing or new design related. if u charge from PB or computer usb, u wont get this.

Tried different charger and different locations.

I searched a bit on the internet and someone said that all metal back panel phones do give out similar stray current.

I checked with an ipad at another place and similar issue persists.

But now I am wondering why not every RN3 user is feeling the same shock/tingling

Johnny1

Broken In
Its Very awesome price.I would like to buy this one...because I am already using Xiomi Redmi2 Prime.It is also working fabulous, that's why I am very desperate to buy Xiomi Brand Mi 3....

icebags

Technomancer
Tried different charger and different locations.

I searched a bit on the internet and someone said that all metal back panel phones do give out similar stray current.

I checked with an ipad at another place and similar issue persists.

But now I am wondering why not every RN3 user is feeling the same shock/tingling

then you may just continue charging with computer usb or battery banks. the chargers are supplying 5V right, but their both -ve & +ve potentials are floating a bit high from ground level. you can feel it because of the metal case of the fone.
if some metal back fone not giving the shocks, then there is probably some bigger insulation with the cover.

not an ideal situation to get the shocks, so.....

Minion

Conversation Architect
then you may just continue charging with computer usb or battery banks. the chargers are supplying 5V right, but their both -ve & +ve potentials are floating a bit high from ground level. you can feel it because of the metal case of the fone.
if some metal back fone not giving the shocks, then there is probably some bigger insulation with the cover.

not an ideal situation to get the shocks, so.....

I am using le 2 (full metal body) without back cover with stock quick charger i never get shocks.

skeletor13th

Broken In
Has anyone bought 'Mi Max/Mi Max Prime' phone? what is your impression of it? and does it lag when you play a 1080p x265 encoded video?

also if anyone has a device with qualcomm 650 and/or 652, can you test this video whether it lags or not -

Parks.and.Recreation.S02E10.Hunting.Trip.1080p.WEB-DL.x265.10bit.AAC.5.1-ImE[UTR].mkv

thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom