The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

reddead

LoSt!
any decent case for note 4g? i am trying to find one, all i could find was fancy ones from dailobjects, bewakoof etc...
Looking for something with a tight fit, something like ditztronic tpu mabe...

I'm planning to buy 64GB Xiaomi Mi4 64GB version at INR 22000. I know Xiaomi has poor after sales services, but i have some doubts regarding its heating, which many people point out.

How hot does it go?? I'm currently a Nexus 4 user. My N4 also heats up quite a bit while using 3G, charging + 3G browsing, gaming + 3G....

Check this screenshot to get an idea. It was taken just after playing Clash of clans for 10-15min in 3G

*scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/p720x720/11337126_1156566261027551_6224771918422015411_o.jpg?_nc_eui=AWixoJC9TCgw-CiZmFyoFWNpaA7Ne14I63VZHw[/IMG]

*scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/p720x720/1909304_1156566311027546_7685512653020281033_o.jpg?_nc_eui=AWg3Yn3wF8_lPiZP9xFOhJV7_aX4_T1b0WYfsg

Currently my phone's battery is at 41.3 C, with thermal readings between 56-63C........... I'm browsing internet in 3G with phone charging via USB

Can someone please post the temp of Xiaomi Mi4 under load?? CPUz shot would be better

Any other things you wanna point out about Mi4 would be appreciated, thanks :)

doom

Journeyman
I'm planning to buy 64GB Xiaomi Mi4 64GB version at INR 22000. I know Xiaomi has poor after sales services, but i have some doubts regarding its heating, which many people point out.

How hot does it go?? I'm currently a Nexus 4 user. My N4 also heats up quite a bit while using 3G, charging + 3G browsing, gaming + 3G....

Check this screenshot to get an idea. It was taken just after playing Clash of clans for 10-15min in 3G

*scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/p720x720/11337126_1156566261027551_6224771918422015411_o.jpg?_nc_eui=AWixoJC9TCgw-CiZmFyoFWNpaA7Ne14I63VZHw[/IMG]

*scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/p720x720/1909304_1156566311027546_7685512653020281033_o.jpg?_nc_eui=AWg3Yn3wF8_lPiZP9xFOhJV7_aX4_T1b0WYfsg

Currently my phone's battery is at 41.3 C, with thermal readings between 56-63C........... I'm browsing internet in 3G with phone charging via USB

Can someone please post the temp of Xiaomi Mi4 under load?? CPUz shot would be better

Any other things you wanna point out about Mi4 would be appreciated, thanks :)
I also have a n4. Ordered mi4 64 GB for 15.4k. 5k exchange for my n4 and 10% off for axis card. The deal was on for 2 days on Flipkart about 2-3 days back.

ankushv

Journeyman
Ordered a redmi note 4g .
Cost me 7.2k under exchange for my micromax a110 and axis bank 10% discount .
Already have redmi 1s and s3 , s4 and moto g (2013) .

I also have a n4. Ordered mi4 64 GB for 15.4k. 5k exchange for my n4 and 10% off for axis card. The deal was on for 2 days on Flipkart about 2-3 days back.

Oh great..... I saw the deal but I'm not completely sure about Mi4 yet..... Do tell me afterwards how it is, especially its heat compared to N4

- - - Updated - - -

Get a one plus one instead

I won't because I simply don't want a phablet.... Mi4 has width same as my N4, that's why it is under consideration.....

My first option is Z3 compact (Z2/Z3 are not suitable for me), i want to keep Mi4 as second option if I'm unable to spend for Z3 compact

amjath

Human Spambot
I was on the same boat as you are, owned galaxy s2 wanted to use a device of same size and mid budget so I was looking at compact series. When one plus one arrived it looked huge to me but feels smaller. I once thought I might not handle this size but I moved on. My hands is experienced now I'm typing this in one hand standing in public transport. Everyone will move on.

If you don't leap to get things from the heights then you will never become taller.

reddead

LoSt!
Oh great..... I saw the deal but I'm not completely sure about Mi4 yet..... Do tell me afterwards how it is, especially its heat compared to N4

- - - Updated - - -

I won't because I simply don't want a phablet.... Mi4 has width same as my N4, that's why it is under consideration.....

My first option is Z3 compact (Z2/Z3 are not suitable for me), i want to keep Mi4 as second option if I'm unable to spend for Z3 compact

Moto x 2nd gen?

i personally didn't like the miui os and there is a lack of dev support for note 4g....i would have gone for oneplus anyday...or any moto phone

if you are fine with miui os, consider it, otherwise look for alternatives

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I was on the same boat as you are, owned galaxy s2 wanted to use a device of same size and mid budget so I was looking at compact series. When one plus one arrived it looked huge to me but feels smaller. I once thought I might not handle this size but I moved on. My hands is experienced now I'm typing this in one hand standing in public transport. Everyone will move on.

If you don't leap to get things from the heights then you will never become taller.
Now after using 5.5" OPO my good old ipod Touch 4G (3.5") feels like Nokia Smaller size phone....all bcoz of brain inception

Moto x 2nd gen?

i personally didn't like the miui os and there is a lack of dev support for note 4g....i would have gone for oneplus anyday...or any moto phone

if you are fine with miui os, consider it, otherwise look for alternatives

I'm fine with MIUI..... Moto X2 doesn't please me that much, then there is size issue..... I prefer using phone with one hand.... Anything less than 70mm wide should be fine

A

AniketChavan74234

Any wants Mi4i?i have one in my cart.I put it in cart when it was on open sale.Flipkart hasn't removed yet,i don't why.

dan11

Broken In
Guys sud I install custom Rom in my redmi 1s??
My main uses are for Whats app, Fb n genral calling n messaging use . NO game playing need n I have no problem with mui 5's slight lag .
My main reason for flashing it wud be for using freecharge n paytm apps .
N guys cud u suggest online recharge sites with good discounts which can be done from laptop .

Guys sud I install custom Rom in my redmi 1s??
My main uses are for Whats app, Fb n genral calling n messaging use . NO game playing need n I have no problem with mui 5's slight lag .
My main reason for flashing it wud be for using freecharge n paytm apps .
N guys cud u suggest online recharge sites with good discounts which can be done from laptop .

Paytm n Freecharge..... Mobikwik is also one, i guess..... Isn't paytm n freecharge apps running in your 1S with MIUI?

dan11

Broken In
Paytm n Freecharge..... Mobikwik is also one, i guess..... Isn't paytm n freecharge apps running in your 1S with MIUI?

yep , problem is these apps require otp or msg code sent by these apps for activation is directly read from inbox . But MUi actually interferes with it n hence cant use these apps

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
yep , problem is these apps require otp or msg code sent by these apps for activation is directly read from inbox . But MUi actually interferes with it n hence cant use these apps

Try enabling sms read permission in security app. This is how I activated whatsapp.

sksundram

In the zone
I have a query regarding Xiaomi Powerbanks.

I want to know that If I attach a device which requires 1A or lesser to run (like Huwaei Wingle E8231) to one of the USB ports of the powerbank, will it be able to adjust the output current according to the attached device and hence, will be able to supply 1A current instead of the regular 2A. The Huwaei Wingle doesn't run on 2A.

amjath

Human Spambot
I have a query regarding Xiaomi Powerbanks.

I want to know that If I attach a device which requires 1A or lesser to run (like Huwaei Wingle E8231) to one of the USB ports of the powerbank, will it be able to adjust the output current according to the attached device and hence, will be able to supply 1A current instead of the regular 2A. The Huwaei Wingle doesn't run on 2A.
There will be no current restriction from power bank or any other device. The receiver device should restrict the extra current.

sksundram

In the zone
[MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION] Sadly, that's not true. I have a OPO powerbank and it supplies 2A current, instead of 1A current to the wingle when it is attached to one of its ports.

Read my review of OPO powerbank to know the details of this problem. This is why I want to be sure before buying another one.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
so wifi bluetooth stopped working and now my phone won't even start nothing. put it on charge nothing happens. left on charge whole night 16 hours nothing happened. when i plug in charger those indicator lights won't blink at all. it's dead. :lol: last evening went to service centre without carrying invoice and guy asked me money which i agreed to pay as i am in need of a phone =/ he took the phone put it on charge nothing happened gave me back my phone after wasting my 45 minutes and he did nothing phone was still dead and he dared to ask me for the money i agreed to pay :lol:

Top Bottom