The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I somehow see that there is some issue with the Xiaomi Power bank.
Whenever I charge my phones with it . The power gets drained out very fast compared to charging it via power socket.

ive seen this same issue with certain phones and tablets
My Z10 and Lenovo tablet have issues if charged from anything other than the original wall charger

My 720,820,Nexus 5 and 7,iPads have no issues whatsover

its very weird,guess it must be the charging cable as certain sites suggest
They say the issue doesnt happen if you use the original cable which came in the phones box

- - - Updated - - -

With same usage pattern?

yep
ive noticed this issue as well

- - - Updated - - -

heres more info on the matter
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2276423

$hadow

Geek in making
^^This must be a problem with these chinese ones. This is the reason I do not use these chinese power bank.

setanjan123

In the zone
My Redmi 1S wasn't getting detected in my pc no matter how much I tried. Installing adb drivers, installing USB drivers. But still it showed USB device not recognized. Then I decided to use a different cable. This time a Micromax cable from the charger I use (which is btw much better than the xiaomi stock charger) and lo and behold it worked. Strange issue. The xiaomi cable works fine for charging though. Now I am wondering if slow charging in xiaomi charger was due to adapter or the cable itself. Will have to test it

ajayritik

Technomancer
^^This must be a problem with these chinese ones. This is the reason I do not use these chinese power bank.

And I thought this Xiaomi Power bank was very popular because it was a good product. I saw everywhere people suggesting to buy this.
If our purpose is to have phone charged for say an hour or so then I think it serves the purpose even if it's charged to 100%.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
this wire problem happens with many things (it due to quality of wires AFAIK). I used a local USB cable and my phone's battery was being depleted rather than being charged, its the same reason why you cant HDDs using some USB cables

$hadow

Geek in making
And I thought this Xiaomi Power bank was very popular because it was a good product. I saw everywhere people suggesting to buy this.
If our purpose is to have phone charged for say an hour or so then I think it serves the purpose even if it's charged to 100%.

It is true. though they are cheap and affordable but on the other side we do not see the after effects of using these.

ajayritik

Technomancer
With same usage pattern?

Yes same usage pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you suggest any good reliable Power bank then?

- - - Updated - - -

It is true. though they are cheap and affordable but on the other side we do not see the after effects of using these.
Can you elaborate on what you intend to say?

$hadow

Geek in making
I am using this for the past 1 month or so Amazon.com: EasyAcc 15000 mAh Brilliant High Capacity Ultra Compact Dual USB (2.1A / 1.5A Output) Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger for iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy Android Phone Smartphone Tablet PC Bluetooth Speaker - Black and Orange: Cel

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Redmi 1S arrived. Need link to fixes for overheating and a good ROM. Tried Resurrection Remix ROM but it was unstable.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Redmi 1S arrived. Need link to fixes for overheating and a good ROM. Tried Resurrection Remix ROM but it was unstable.

I've flashed this on dad's redmi 1s:
[ROM] [4.4.4] [UNOFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4… | Xiaomi Redmi 1S | XDA Forums

GAPPS:
[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All R… | Paranoid Android | XDA Forums

To fix overheating, underclock the CPU to 1.2-1.3 GHz using No Frillz CPU control.

$hadow

Geek in making

For using Resurrection Remix ROM you have to stick around for a long time. They update is regularly but it is rarely bug free.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
I think there are plenty of options for redmi now
Check its subsection on XDA
With custom kernels people are getting 5 hours + sot and so on
From what I have read the "xcelerate". Kernel seems to be the one that gives good efficiency,
Wanted to test it myself, but sis has become a big fan of miui and its themes... Women!

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
For using Resurrection Remix ROM you have to stick around for a long time. They update is regularly but it is rarely bug free.
Using CM11 now. Its much much more stable. Resseruction lagged to much.

- - - Updated - - -

I've flashed this on dad's redmi 1s:
[ROM] [4.4.4] [UNOFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4… | Xiaomi Redmi 1S | XDA Forums

GAPPS:
[GAPPS][CLOSED][4.4.4] PA-GOOGLE APPS (All R… | Paranoid Android | XDA Forums

To fix overheating, underclock the CPU to 1.2-1.3 GHz using No Frillz CPU control.

I'll try trhat ROM if CM11 gives me problems. Ans thanks for the no frills CPU control app :D :)

envyraw

Broken In
I am looking for a tempered glass screen protector for a newly purchased mi4. Any suggestions? I already have a corner of the flass broken. This screen isuch weaker than OPO i must say.

pratyush997

Inactive
I am looking for a tempered glass screen protector for a newly purchased mi4. Any suggestions? I already have a corner of the flass broken. This screen isuch weaker than OPO i must say.
How about this?
Nillkin H Nano Anti Burst 9H Tempered Glass Screen Protector FOR Xiaomi MI4 | eBay

Top Bottom