The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

rish1

Cyborg Agent
For your information. Xiaomi announces Mi Note and Mi Note Pro.
BBC News - China's Xiaomi unveils two thinner, lighter phablets

Your logic did not work. Check specifications of MI Note and MI Note Pro.

that's not redmi note buddy .. redmi note 2 will be announced wait for it..

that's a high end flagship phone .. redmi Series is for low budget.. this is even expensive than Mi4 starting at 370$

Redmi note 2 will have snapdragon 615 or Mediatek MT6752 ..

they might announce it at MWC which is in march .. by that time even 6795 will be ready .. so they might go with that as well.. but that's just me wishing for it as it will perform close to Snapdragon 810.. most likely it will be either SD 615 or Mediatek 6752 + 2gb ram for it to come at 140-150$

- - - Updated - - -

also didn't Redmi 2 turned out exactly what i stated ;)

I think you are finding escape route.
Ok, tell me how long you want to wait? lol

Anyway just using common sense. Redmi 1S successor is named as Redmi 2. So I guess no more phone with Redmi series is coming otherwise they would have named it Redmi 2S etc. Another common sense is when Xiaomi just launched 2 Phablets Note, I don't think they will launch 3rd Phablet Note immediately. Keep in mind that you are just making speculations without anything to support your claims. It was a guess in media that Xiaomi may launch something like that. But Xiaomi surprised everyone with high end phablet, not just one but two.

escape route ? lol ... did you come and quoted me when redmi 2 turned out right ? no .. this is not even Redmi note 2 .. price difference is not just slightly apart it is more than double .. they are not even same products

waiting ? CES and MWC are the events where mostly all cellphones are announced apart from private events.. at CES they announced Redmi 2, and today they announced their flagship products at private event .. they got to have something to show up for MWC as well .. its
Mobile world congress afterall.. CES includes everything from the world of tech , while MWC is primarily related to mobiles..

Just like you would expect Most game related announcements at E3 Expo

naming scheme hardly matters .. it's the price + product placement that matters .. if they launch a phone with Snapdragon 810 , 4 gb ram , 1440p display , 5 inch at 350 $ and called it redmi 2s will you consider it as a successor of redmi 2 ? no right.. both are worlds apart and it will be considered as a successor of Mi4 , a flagship phone

anyways if you are not interested in speculation why are you even talking about it ? just follow Xiaomi's facebook page and you will get all the latest official info , no need to read any other speculative news or posts this is a discussion thread not an official news/announcement thread
you can discuss anything here .. reviews,opinions,upcoming products,leaks,analysis,troubleshooting,buying help, everything else

and leaks are not even discussed here that much.. it's usually when somebody else brings up a point or is considering a purchase in future,comparison , the discussion gets rolling

check this section for strictly official news

*www.digit.in/forum/technology-news/

we like to discuss about upcoming products as tech lovers so that we can make informed decisions with the info we have .. if you feel offended feel free to report ;)

95 % of the time these things( quality leaks+ logical assumptions ) turns out right.. still nothing is set in stone and may turn out wrong as well.. if you don't like it simply ignore

my last post to you , good luck have a nice day :wave:

Last edited:

_prabhat

Journeyman
You are like astrologer. If predictions come true then you will say see how correctly I predicted. If they don't come true, then you will say now I don't want to discuss it. Bye. Don't get upset buddy. I just asked you "Do you have reliable source of information". You started giving me lectures about mobile industry, how information is leaked and how much you are expert in predictions etc. I did not use word official. I said reliable. I know from where to get official inforamation. Let me reiterate, I follow Xiaomi.

Your predications may or may not come true. There is no gurantee. But I wanted from where you got this information and this model is going be launched in 1-4 months etc. From where you found that Redmi Note2 will be launched in 1 to 4 months that too in India? Now you say the model will not be named Redmi Note 2. You clearly used words Redmi Note 2... in 1-4 months. If you don't want to discuss it further, I don't have problem but keep in mind if you are predicting, write it's my prediction and refrain from giving lectures. Sorry this is discussion thread, not lectures thread. I don't have interest in knowing how expert you are in predictions. If you are interested to discuss further, discuss in Private Message. Don't pollute thread with long essays.

- - - Updated - - -

95 % of the time these things( quality leaks+ logical assumptions ) turns out right.. still nothing is set in stone and may turn out wrong as well.. if you don't like it simply ignore
It's a sign that yourself is not sure of what you predicted and you are trying to create defence in advance incase your so called logical assumption do not come true. Good defensive approach buddy. Logical assumptions or baseless predictions, you know it better.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
You are like astrologer. If predictions come true then you will say see how correctly I predicted. If they don't come true, then you will say now I don't want to discuss it. Bye. Don't get upset buddy. I just asked you "Do you have reliable source of information". You started giving me lectures about mobile industry, how information is leaked and how much you are expert in predictions etc. I did not use word official. I said reliable. I know from where to get official inforamation. Let me reiterate, I follow Xiaomi.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a sign that yourself is not sure of what you predicted and you are trying to create defence in advance incase your so called logical assumption do not come true. Good defensive approach buddy. Logical assumptions or baseless predictions, you know it better.

Looks like you got really hurt by my reply ..

calling me an astrologer buhaaaaa...

the reason i said don't want to talk with you is because you don't actually listen .. and tell not to write long replies . whether you read the below reason or not i don't care .. atleast this info will be useful for somebody who actually wants to know .. for your convenience i have put it under spoiler tag so you don't have to read long replies if you don't want to read the reason

do you know what a smartphone is made up of ????? it is made up of SOC - it's called system on Chip .. its the processor,GPU,Radios all on 1 chip ..

it is the heart of every phone.. and it is officially announced at least 6 months before a Phone's Launch

and these SOC's come in classes .. there is chip for low end , mid range and high end .. this is all official data..

A smartphone manufacturer like Xiaomi,Nokia,sony,samsung, are Component assemblers , most of them don't produce anything themselves, only design it

they buy parts from other companies, and details of those parts are publicly available

have you used a laptop/pc ? it has a processor,GPU in it .. it will be either by intel or Amd .. you can easily tell what sort of configurations you will get from HP and Dell .. if you know what chips are being used by them .. and that data is officially available .. and when if tomorrow HP launches a PC with similar Specs , most likely Dell and Lenovo will come with similar processors as well .. same thing i said look at other chinese Competitors that have actually launched phones..

what i said wasn't even a prediction.. there is nothing to predict actually and i never said i am the one predictor or how right i am .. don't make false assumptions, it was not even mine what i was just pointing you that Leaks turns out right .. i simply said either it will be Sd615 or Mt6752 .. its like saying hey it will be either Amd or intel's mid range chip , based on competitor's products

for other specs you only have to look at past products ..

and then there are leaks .. benchmarks , pics , everything gets leaked in today's world.. look at majority of smartphones of 2014 .. from iphone to Xperia to LG g3 and you can find most of them leaked before launch ..

this is the basis of logical assumption, not baseless predictions

and what's up with this don't spoil thread, Pm me business ?

who started this ? i even forgot about you .. and suddenly i see your quote out of nowhere ...old discussion ended almost a month ago , and i even apologised for wrongly misinterpreting your post and ended the matter there ..

where did your sense of not spoiling thread go then when you started it ? you could have directly pm me if you wanted ..

and you asking how do i know that redmi Note 2 will be announced .. it is because it has been 1 year since original redmi note was announced .. and it is time for yearly upgrade, its getting too old now .. CES and MWC are easy expected targets , and not just for redmi but for all other phones as well .. they announced only Redmi 2 at CES leaving redmi note 2 for MWC.. and i never said they'll change the name .. i said naming scheme doesn't matters that much .. Price + Product placement does

ofcourse that is obvious that leaks can turn out wrong .. what's defensive about it ? leaks aren't coming from company CEO's you know, but since most of the times they turn out right , it is good to rely with confidence on them but you can't be 100 % sure as the leak itself sometimes comes from fakers and many times wrong as well.. and you never know when a company can change its practices/decisions.. take for example xiaomi itself .. now since xiaomi has become the next hottest thing in valuation , they have slowly started to raise prices on their phones .. both Mi note and Note Pro while still cheaper than rest are actually slightly expensive than expected ... Sony did the same thing .. they had a good 2013 and then in 2014 they started overpricing their phones.

nobody is lecturing you here ok .. you are yourself trying to start conversation and then later calling somebody else's post a lecture..

did i contact you or replied to any of your post since then ? or was it you who started it ?

now reply through Pm if you really care about not spoiling the thread .. matter already ended from my side

Last edited:

_prabhat

Journeyman
You need to grow up. This is discusssion/debate not gyan. Grow up, I am ready for discussion/debate. Not interested in your gyan and predictions. I believe in hard data not on speculations. Anyway let me know when you grow up. Bye

TheHumanBot

Padawan
this: MIUI ROM 5.1.16 Full Changelog - MIUI General - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

- - - Updated - - -

*en.miui.com/download-226.html

- - - Updated - - -

Version: JHCCNBL47.0

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys need a small help my friend recently purchased Redmi1s. Now he needs to move his contacts from his old phone which are saved on his phone to Redmi1s. What's the best option.
his old phone is Nokia C201

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys need a small help my friend recently purchased Redmi1s. Now he needs to move his contacts from his old phone which are saved on his phone to Redmi1s. What's the best option.
his old phone is Nokia C201

Copy contacts to the sim card in Nokia phone. Then in Redmi, open contacts, press menu button > Import/Export > Import from Sim card. Select save location as google (your gmail id). It is better than keeping contacts in phone memory.

bgeing

Broken In
If it is more than 250contacts it will be a hassle.
One more option is, open contacts > press menu button > Import/Export > import from another phone > then select your old mob brand like samsung, sony, nokia, etc and proceed further. It'll import your all contacts via Bluetooth from your old ph to redmi 1s (or any xiaomi mob). and save them in gmail id as suggested by our FM. Pretty easy option than others (if your old mob supports it).

Hope it helps!:thumbs:

Top Bottom