The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

setanjan123

In the zone
Lol. Xiaomi devices have an alternative called wsm tools. It has all the features of xposed. It works on mi 3 but dunno if it works on redmi 1s.

_prabhat

Journeyman
xposed doesnt work on Xiaomi ? k den. one more reason to not buy it.
If you do not want buy, don't buy but why discouraging others from buying? Which phone do you think is is giving you everything in 5999/-? Micromax, Lava, Xolo, Karbonn, Asus Zenfone, Huaweii, Lenovo, Samsung, Nokia, SONY, HTC, LG whichever you thinking giving you everyting in 5999/- you can buy that phone. I am highly impressed with Xiaomi phones and I will buy as soon as I have enough money to buy MI3 or Redmi Note. I am even ready to wait for Redmi Note 2(20 MP rear camera, 8 MP front camera). If Xiaomi phones were of not good quality, it would not have made news in international market. Everyone is talking about it does tell everyting about. But everyone has personal choice. If someone does not like, just don't buy it. But why making negative compaign of something in which others have interest.

Last edited:

Reloaded

In the zone
If you do not want buy, don't buy but why discouraging others from buying? Which phone do you think is is giving you everything in 5999/-? Micromax, Lava, Xolo, Karbonn, Asus Zenfone, Huaweii, Lenovo, Samsung, Nokia, SONY, HTC, LG whichever you thinking giving you everyting in 5999/- you can buy that phone. I am highly impressed with Xiaomi phones and I will buy as soon as I have enough money to buy MI3 or Redmi Note. I am even ready to wait for Redmi Note 2(20 MP rear camera, 8 MP front camera). If Xiaomi phones were of not good quality, it would not have made news in international market. Everyone is talking about it does tell everyting about. But everyone has personal choice. If someone does not like, just don't buy it. But why making negative compaign of something in which others have interest.

"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is"
Reviews on flipkart are scary Reviews Redmi 1S Mobile - Latest Review of Redmi 1S, India | Flipkart.com

Moto e is better IMO.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
haha yeah, is the heating issue really that bad???

almost all the recent reviews are one star !! :? :/

solanky

Broken In
haha yeah, is the heating issue really that bad???

almost all the recent reviews are one star !! :? :/
Heating issue is there but its highly exaggerated. No offence to anyone, but the people giving 1 star rating could be first time smartphone users. Low rating could be due to RAM optimisation issues as well, but this has been taken care of in recent ROM update. Great value for money phone.

Disclaimer: I am writing this post from my Redmi.

amjath

Human Spambot
Heating issue is there but its highly exaggerated. No offence to anyone, but the people giving 1 star rating could be first time smartphone users. Low rating could be due to RAM optimisation issues as well, but this has been taken care of in recent ROM update. Great value for money phone.

Disclaimer: I am writing this post from my Redmi.

I personally checked Redmi, it just get little warm thats it. Every device heats up.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Played Dead Trigger for two hours straight last night. Phone reaching 42* C isn't an overheating issue. :deadbored:
same happens while playing on my Optimus G. it even reaches 45* C.

First time n00bs and butthurt reviewers who couldn't get it in sale are ranting on flipkart. If you don't have the budget, this phone is way better than any other phone under 10k and shouldn't expect it to do miracles. Want something similar from a big OEM? pay more.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well almost all are certified buyers, means they have one, but like said above probably first timers

setanjan123

In the zone
SaiyanGoku Yeah the flipkart reviews are insane. And xiaomi being a Chinese company adds to their anger. They expect high end performance from a 6k phone. No matter how much this phone is touted for its specs people should remember that this is a budget phone. This phone is not for first timers it seems. Geeks like us are happy with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally rooted my phone. Using the cpu management feature of battery doctor has improved the battery life. Also greenify is working good. App quarantine is great. I underclocked to 1.4ghz. Maybe that is why the heating has reduced. It heats up as usual but cools down much faster. And that is only while gaming. The phone is just a bit warm while normal use. Now, I can't buy the greenify donation package and xposed framework doesn't work. So, anybody tried wsm tools? And SaiyanGoku You recently posted that were getting 350mb or 450mb free ram on boot. Can you please tell how you did that?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
SaiyanGoku Yeah the flipkart reviews are insane. And xiaomi being a Chinese company adds to their anger. They expect high end performance from a 6k phone. No matter how much this phone is touted for its specs people should remember that this is a budget phone. This phone is not for first timers it seems. Geeks like us are happy with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally rooted my phone. Using the cpu management feature of battery doctor has improved the battery life. Also greenify is working good. App quarantine is great. I underclocked to 1.4ghz. Maybe that is why the heating has reduced. It heats up as usual but cools down much faster. And that is only while gaming. The phone is just a bit warm while normal use. Now, I can't buy the greenify donation package and xposed framework doesn't work. So, anybody tried wsm tools? And SaiyanGoku You recently posted that were getting 350mb or 450mb free ram on boot. Can you please tell how you did that?

Haven't checked free ram on boot recently but, free ram on idle is ~430 MB now. ROM version 43 (global one, flashed from recovery).

Froze these using Titanium Backup:

Browser (the default one)
com.cleanmaster.sdk
com.securitycore.miui_t
Flipkart
Gallery (using Quickpic instead)
Gmail (attachments will hog up space)
Google Keyboard (Swiftkey FTW!!)
Google Play Music (stock player is OK, planning to replace it with PlayerPro)
Google Play Services (will unfreeze it when I need to update apps from play store)
Google Play Store (same as above)
Google Services Framework (same as above)
Google Text-to-speech Engine (don't really require it)
MiTalk
Sync with Mi Cloud (i don't want to -_- )
Uniplay service (don't know what it does)
Xiaomi Assistant
Xiaomi Services Framework

Removed Google Play bloats

Hibernated all the user apps using greenify (free version of course), as dad will automatically open the app if he wants to use it.

setanjan123

In the zone
Ok thanks. You using greenify free version or donation package? Did you try wsm tools. I am using app quarantine for freezing apps.

Flake

Linux User
Received RedMi 1S yesterday evening. It is for my Mom. Charged 100%, installed latest update ( 41.1, 515MB ) and uninstalled a few apps which she will never use ( Mi Talk, default Browser, a few Google Keyboards and bloats ).
I have installed a few apps only. If it heats up like people mentioned in reviews at FlipKart, I will install CM11. Downloaded all the necessary files for root/unroot, recovery etc.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Install coolify and One power Guard.Battery Doctor is buggy now.You can disable apps even on non rooted phone just go to setting->apps->select apps->Disable.

This way even you reboot your phone they will not autostart or run in background thus improving battery and resolve heating issues.

Last edited:

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
Received RedMi 1S yesterday evening. It is for my Mom. Charged 100%, installed latest update ( 41.1, 515MB ) and uninstalled a few apps which she will never use ( Mi Talk, default Browser, a few Google Keyboards and bloats ).
I have installed a few apps only. If it heats up like people mentioned in reviews at FlipKart, I will install CM11. Downloaded all the necessary files for root/unroot, recovery etc.
can u make a tutorial on how to root... where to download all the files... i know there are various on the internet... but i want to know what u think....

Top Bottom