The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

bgeing

Broken In
[/B]

Hey will you install this splay launcher on your mi3
and tell if it runs.Do mention any setting that it needs enabled.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details...ncher&pcampaignid=APPU_26gVVM-FMcnJuATF1oCwCw

Hi.. checked n installed in my mi3 and its working fine.
clicked on ur link, opened play store in pc, clicked install and it download in mob and installed in it. then i just opened that app. shows like below screenshot. i didnt knw much abt that splay app, if anything u want me to check ask me.
View attachment 14760

Btw mine is on 23.0 stable version. Hope this helps.

Hi.. checked n installed in my mi3 and its working fine.
clicked on ur link, opened play store in pc, clicked install and it download in mob and installed in it. then i just opened that app. shows like below screenshot. i didnt knw much abt that splay app, if anything u want me to check ask me.
View attachment 14760

Btw mine is on 23.0 stable version. Hope this helps.
Thanks a ton man :) . I think being on 16.0 is the reason its not running on mine. I tried every version of it ever made but none of them worked. It crashes on start.
I will be updating my mi3 now not for this particular reason but...
This splay launcher is inspired by else intuition ui. It didn't launch in 2009. I always wanted to use this mobile.

Last edited:

bgeing

Broken In
Thanks a ton man :) . I think being on 16.0 is the reason its not running on mine. I tried every version of it ever made but none of them worked. It crashes on start.
I will be updating my mi3 now not for this particular reason but...
This splay launcher is inspired by else intuition ui. It didn't launch in 2009. I always wanted to use this mobile.

Its ok, This Splay launcher is really cool..!!! But, cant set it as 'default' launcher. and you need to open it as an app.

Perhaps being on 16.0 could be the reason. It is advisable to upgrade yours to 23.0. I did mine this way... (telling for ur n others info). Initially I didn't have data access on my sim and accessed net in mob thru PC's net via usb cable (didnt have wifi also). In the meantime it was automatically downloaded the update zip file (around 114mb), I was on 16.0 and upgraded later via offline, after completing/restarting I did factory reset (by keeping previous data while doing so) as suggested by many here.

Now if I open 'update' and select 'view available updates' option, it shows 2options as 'install later' and 'update (591M)' !!!??? Dont understand what is this 591M??? anyone knows, pl share what's missing? or why is it showing even it says 'you are on the latest ver of MIUI'.

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
Its ok, This Splay launcher is really cool..!!! But, cant set it as 'default' launcher. and you need to open it as an app.

Perhaps being on 16.0 could be the reason. It is advisable to upgrade yours to 23.0. I did mine this way... (telling for ur n others info). Initially I didn't have data access on my sim and accessed net in mob thru PC's net via usb cable (didnt have wifi also). In the meantime it was automatically downloaded the update zip file (around 114mb), I was on 16.0 and upgraded later via offline, after completing/restarting I did factory reset (by keeping previous data while doing so) as suggested by many here.

Now if I open 'update' and select 'view available updates' option, it shows 2options as 'install later' and 'update (591M)' !!!??? Dont understand what is this 591M??? anyone knows, pl share what's missing? or why is it showing even it says 'you are on the latest ver of MIUI'.

you can set it as default launcher, its somewhere in the settings, i dont remember exactly. :-/

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
you can set it as default launcher, its somewhere in the settings, i dont remember exactly. :-/
It's under display.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys with Redmi, can you please report your temps from CPUZ after using your phone for 1 hour with wifi ON but not heavy applications, i.e. no games. Anything else would be fine. And do use camera as much as you can.

I'm asking for this as my Redmi is heating to 39° very fast. The idle temp is also around 33°-34°.

Well you can't set the latest version v3.0 as default launcher, it doesn't show in my phone (Settings/display/default launcher),
but you can in previous versions.
Just Google splay launcher beta or pm me

_prabhat

Journeyman
I don't think they might have modified it. If they work upto that level, they may be even capable of writing their own OS instead of using Android. The only possibility I think could be there may be memory leaks in the services/apps they added of their own and this could be because of bugs which they may fix if they notice it. Sometimes even though bugs are known, they stay there without being fixed because of lack of resources and time in fast paced busines model.

tkin

Back to school!!
I don't think they might have modified it. If they work upto that level, they may be even capable of writing their own OS instead of using Android. The only possibility I think could be there may be memory leaks in the services/apps they added of their own and this could be because of bugs.
Most likely the bloatware, maybe the app they use to spy on us? ;) :lol:

bgeing

Broken In
Well you can't set the latest version v3.0 as default launcher, it doesn't show in my phone (Settings/display/default launcher),
but you can in previous versions.
Just Google splay launcher beta or pm me

Yes i checked it, cant set as default. and its ok, if it doesn't come. i'm not that much fond of this 'splay'. I like the themes from miui. I just did as to answer your querry whether splay works or not.
Anyhow thanks for reply to both OP and you :|

Top Bottom