The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

tkin

Back to school!!
BTW.. any glass screen protector available for 1s? the free screen protector is crap.
eBay: xiaomi glass screen | eBay
Flipkart: Mi 3 Glass - Buy Products Online at Best Price in India - All Categories | Flipkart.com

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Check the battery temps with Cpu Z, max I had seen with my G2 is 39c and that too after long gaming. Not sure about the upper limit but I think above 40c might be an issue.

It was 39°.

I felt the phone was a bit warm. will check again.

Check temp and report.

Noob query...

Are both Sims of normal size?

Btw today the fone was expected but still expected at my local centre point from morning 8am...

Micro sim
Did u recieve a text message from flipkart saying it will delivered today by a specific guy. I recieve SMS for headset and powerbank

Normal, not micro.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
An aosp ROM has been leaked apparently by some xiaomi Dev for mi3,its flawless and people are claiming its uber fast with antutu scores on the higher side of 40k ,
Hope some good ports starts coming up,but XDA seems to be on a crusade against xiaomi ,I don't really get it,I'm pretty sure there are other devices on XDA which are breaking the rules as xiaomi themselves ,isn't amazon kindle one such device ? That zelendel guy seems overtly zealous to close that forum !

Update
Seems the static like noise isn't there in videos recorded ,using the new AOSP rom, as per a user from XDA,if anyone is looking for a fix ,I suggest this ROM,phone is buttery smooth ( not my experience ,just relaying )

Last edited:

dud3rulz

A Silent Guardian
i need some help...i think my redmi 1s's loud speaker is malfunctioning...the sound quality is bad and i hear odd disturbances from the speaker. i just got my phone yesterday ...what are my options ?

amjath

Human Spambot
i need some help...i think my redmi 1s's loud speaker is malfunctioning...the sound quality is bad and i hear odd disturbances from the speaker. i just got my phone yesterday ...what are my options ?

Raise return request to flipkart

An aosp ROM has been leaked apparently by some xiaomi Dev for mi3,its flawless and people are claiming its uber fast with antutu scores on the higher side of 40k ,
Hope some good ports starts coming up,but XDA seems to be on a crusade against xiaomi ,I don't really get it,I'm pretty sure there are other devices on XDA which are breaking the rules as xiaomi themselves ,isn't amazon kindle one such device ? That zelendel guy seems overtly zealous to close that forum !

Update
Seems the static like noise isn't there in videos recorded ,using the new AOSP rom, as per a user from XDA,if anyone is looking for a fix ,I suggest this ROM,phone is buttery smooth ( not my experience ,just relaying )

Thanks for the update [MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION]. In the meantime one can use open camera app to record videos without noise ( there's very minute noise, almost unnoticeable ), will have to set audio source to External mic. Can use any other app that allows to do that.
Hey will you install this splay launcher on your mi3
and tell if it runs.Do mention any setting that it needs enabled.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details...ncher&pcampaignid=APPU_26gVVM-FMcnJuATF1oCwCw

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes but i kinda personalized it..installed few apps and deleted a few already...should i return the phone exactly i received it or ?
I don't think it matters ,the first thing you have to worry about is getting your product accepted for return ,they might make it a hassle ,and once its confirmed ,they will ship the product and will take back your original phone only after giving you the new phone ,I don't think they would check for any software changes ,only the phones general condition is assessed , you can also try going into settings and do a factory reset ,that should reset it to original state

dud3rulz

A Silent Guardian
I don't think it matters ,the first thing you have to worry about is getting your product accepted for return ,they might make it a hassle ,and once its confirmed ,they will ship the product and will take back your original phone only after giving you the new phone ,I don't think they would check for any software changes ,only the phones general condition is assessed , you can also try going into settings and do a factory reset ,that should reset it to original state

Ahh thanks man

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

The loudspeaker IS bad. There is nothing such as it's malfunctioning. The muffling which it produces, is it's default nature.

dud3rulz

A Silent Guardian
The loudspeaker IS bad. There is nothing such as it's malfunctioning. The muffling which it produces, is it's default nature.
i get these wierd noisy disturbances whenever the phone rings or a song is playing...even when it is in idle mode..it makes a tic tic tic noise....it's definitely malfunctioning (coz i didn't notice these noises on day 1).

Top Bottom