The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Guys I tried to connect an 8 GB pen drive to my mi3 using an otg cable.But the phone was showing "damaged USB" error.It was in NTFS format at that time.I then formatted it to fat 32 and copied a movie into it and again connected it .This time it recognized the pen drive but I didn't know how to access the file inside the pen drive so I removed and inserted it again.And like earlier it is showing damaged USB error.I tried installing total commander and USB plug in.Don't have another pen drive with me to try with. Anyone else faced the same problem?

try using ES File Explorer

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ The Incinerator wanna black market it ?

Diwali time big profits ha ha ha...naahhhh I do much better than that in life by the grace of God, Will gift to close ones and real ones who count,this Diwali. I don't need 10 sets 2 or three is just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated to ROM 23, email and attachment options for various apps improved significantly. That's the observation till now. I wish they did something about RAM management, though the phone is fast as a rocket but its disheartening to see RAM consumption at over 1.3 GB anytime any day.

This post creates second thought about buying mi3. Mine will arrive on 6 sept. 2014 . Please guys say something about these issues Xiaomi Mi 3 Expectations and Reality - Read this Before you Buy - Tech Glows

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well just pray you don't get a defective product ,apart from that ,the damaged phones you see aren't exclusive to xiaomi alone, if you go to XDA and check you can see plenty of other brands having similar issues ,the chances of getting a defective product are same which ever brand you buy ,if you are going to focus on the negative points, alone, in life its going to be hard moving forward ,that said the ASS of xiaomi is still infantile and in short poor ATM ,if you get a defective product do your best to convince flipkart to get it replaced , for genuine reasons they do,I did for mine !
You can head over to flipkart product page and see the reviews there are almost 2k 5 star reviews and around 200 1 star ,some of them are due to down right ignorance ,I would simply categorize posts like above as attempts to gather cheap attention ,probably one of the frustrated people who didn't get to buy one ,if you go around reading different tech forums ,you can see a lot of similar ones ,In fact in OPO Indian subsection you can see a couple ..

Well just pray you don't get a defective product ,apart from that ,the damaged phones you see aren't exclusive to xiaomi alone, if you go to XDA and check you can see 1. plenty of other brands having similar issues ,the chances of getting a defective product are same which ever brand you buy ,if you are going to focus on the negative points, alone, in life its going to be hard moving forward ,that said the ASS of xiaomi is still infantile and in short poor ATM ,if you get a defective product do your best to convince flipkart to get it replaced , for genuine reasons they do,I did for mine !
You can head over to flipkart product page and see the reviews there are almost 2k 5 star reviews and around 200 1 star ,some of them are due to down right ignorance ,2. I would simply categorize posts like above as attempts to gather cheap attention ,probably one of the frustrated people who didn't get to buy one ,if you go around reading different tech forums ,you can see a lot of similar ones ,In fact in OPO Indian subsection you can see a couple ..
First of all thankyou kamikaz
1 point--> made my worries go. I know it happens with other brands but dont know how much common it is, and the fact that xiaomi is new ,chinese and 100k mi3s have been sold, highlight the negativity through those defective ones. I was worried about spare parts if they discontinue mi3 in india, I mean we will have to replace batteries at some point.
2 point--> I know its done to increase site traffic, get ads, get fame etc. I didnt follow what he wrote but what he reported those fb and flipkart posts.
I know you had your mi3 replaced because of uneven brightness(backlight bleeding, top area was brighter than bottom visible on a white page) which is common as told in gsmarena review of mi3. I have been following this thread ,read all those 32 pages. Most of the guys here have almost flawless mi3s.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
The backlight issue is just little nit picking ,I doubt most don't even realize it ,unless they scrutinize it ,mi3 isn't discontinued ATM ,and they certainly should honor the 1 year warranty, from what Hugo barra has told its clear ,they aim to make it big here ,and they are planning to increase the official service centres.
ATM we can only hope for the best

The backlight issue is just little nit picking ,I doubt most don't even realize it ,unless they scrutinize it ,mi3 isn't discontinued ATM ,and they certainly should honor the 1 year warranty, from what Hugo barra has told its clear ,they aim to make it big here ,and they are planning to increase the official service centres.
ATM we can only hope for the best

Right, thats what anyone would need that they stand with the 1 year warranty and provide spare parts.

Top Bottom