The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Windows 10 - crap = LTSC . Its for enterprises , so things like cortana, windows store, those Candycrush apps are not present and not downloaded. Breaking updates are also optional / infrequent. Only negative is that some win 10 exclusive games don't work - AOE definitive edition. Which is bummer, as normal win 10 is horrible IMHO.

btw if you can look past the hate, try windows 8.1. Its been 100% stable for me for years.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows 10 - crap = LTSC . Its for enterprises , so things like cortana, windows store, those Candycrush apps are not present and not downloaded. Breaking updates are also optional / infrequent. Only negative is that some win 10 exclusive games don't work - AOE definitive edition. Which is bummer, as normal win 10 is horrible IMHO.

btw if you can look past the hate, try windows 8.1. Its been 100% stable for me for years.
There is a way to add MS store functionality to LTSC/LTSB.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover

I would have installed win 8.1 but i dont like the tablet like looks of it start menu is not good

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
win 8.1 but i dont like the tablet like looks of it start menu is not good
I find it completely irrelevant. To launch apps: Press win key > app name > enter. It just doesn't matter how the results look. In addition one can use any of the hundreds of windows launcher apps like 'launchy'

Dev DebaPrasad

Right off the assembly line
Any one i need help one of my local disk in pc is not opening..it says it needs to be formatted before use..but there is important data in that disk..can anybody help.me...plz...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!
Windows is unable to access/read the partition.
Any one i need help one of my local disk in pc is not opening..it says it needs to be formatted before use..but there is important data in that disk..can anybody help.me...plz...
You would need to boot from a live USB install of linux or HBCD to copy the contents to another drive.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows is unable to access/read the partition.
I assumed Recuva can still scan a hdd drive as long as it is shown in disk manager even if explorer is unable to access/read it but it seems like it is not possible unless drive has a recognizable file system.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
EaseUS data recovery software has bootable version - it's worth a try. If the partition table / format is damaged then general file manager in linux may not be able to read it.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
after jan 2020 we still can use win 7, right ???
You can still use as long as you want. Just that there will be no more support for home users after 14th Jan. Enterprise users can still get extended support.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Since Microsoft has moved all development effort to Windows 10, it would be expensive even for Microsoft to maintain a team to maintain legacy code at their own expense. Therefore, they are charging for support from whoever wants to still use Windows 7 for compatibility reasons. Everyone else must move to newer versions of Windows if they want support.

It's kind of an a*****e design but then what else can you do with closed-source software?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Plasma: A Safe Haven for Windows 7 Refugees

If any of you don't want to upgrade to Windows 10, consider using a Linux distro with KDE Plasma. It has a similar UX to Windows and most of the common applications are available.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
My personal choice will be either Linux Mint or Ubuntu with Cinnamon desktop. More or less like Windows in UI.

Top Bottom