The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I am still with windows 10 because some games are not supporting windows 7 these days its like if u are gaming u got to be on win 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flash

Lost in speed
When W7 was mainstream, ppl always counted on XP as the backup.
For W10, we can count of W7 for sure.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have a backup Windows 7 laptop at my home and forgot the login password. Is there any easy way to get it unlocked?
How to Easily Reset a Password in Windows 7

A reset disk is required AFAIK which means that you should
made a USB reset password, first time.

Restart your PC. Press F8 to enter Windows® Boot Menu and then choose
Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Then enter the following:

net user root /ADD

Then neter the following:

net localgroup administrators root /ADD

Then finally, enter the following:

net localgroup users root /DELETE

The reason we are deleting the root from
localgroup Users, is because the new account
would be in both the Administrator group and
the (restricted) Users group.

It will look like this in group details:
Users,Administrators.

Source:Forgot my windows 7 home premium login password

asd2008

Right off the assembly line
DVD writer in my laptop loaded with Windows 7 indicates blank DVD when inserted non-blank DVD. After writing DVD successfully also it indicates blank DVD when reinserted.
How to solve this issue?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
DVD writer in my laptop loaded with Windows 7 indicates blank DVD when inserted non-blank DVD. After writing DVD successfully also it indicates blank DVD when reinserted.
How to solve this issue?
Either the dvd writer is faulty or dvd is faulty.Another reason may be your dvd writing software is faulty(this you can easily test by installing another dvd writing software).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hello, today in the morning I figured out that all my photos and documents disappeared from computer..Really I have no idea what happened..Here I hope you can suggest me *snip* new york. If you know please let me know and help with my issue..That photos are important for me and documents as well. I'm devastated..

Nice astroturfing. Reported for spam.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
iTunes software is not starting up in Win7. Error message that iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Indeed there is a problem with the audio jack of my desktop but does that mean iTunes won’t start?
How to bypass this?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
But will they port DirectX 12 to Windows 7? That's what I want to know.
From above link:
The Windows maker also clarified that buying Windows 7 ESU doesn’t mean that organizations will receive Help Desk support or any regular bug fixes and patches, as updates will only bring patches for bugs rated “critical” and “important.”
So I guess the answer is no.

Top Bottom