LINK= Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic
download.html
2 disable page file or change its size.
3 Clean the registry, defragment it
4 defrag the hard disk
5 Do online antivirus scan
Link= HouseCall - Free Online Virus Scan - Trend Micro USA
6 clean temp folder

well i did run memory test built in win 7 it came out clean.no errors wat so ever .now gona try this memtest86 that u have given link to .my page file is set to 2.5 gb as i have 4 gb RAM( 2x2GB sticks) installed.these BSODs happen at only in win 7 64bit not in win XP as i have due boot.everything on win 7 64bit is update.also did virues check with NIS 2011 no virues detected.btw how do we capture these BSOD errors .any log win 7 creates while this happen?.i know it create memory dump file but how can we see the real error which has occured while BSOD happen.?

gameranand

Living to Play
meetdenis said:
As per my knowledge, 32-bit & 64-bit are bundled together. Only the versions, Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc. are sold separately. Check here. Microsoft does not say anything about selling 32-bit & 64-bit separately.
Oh OK. Actually I was talking about Home premium and higher but didn't specifically posted that so its my bad. Thanks for explanation.

shantanu

Technomancer
If you want your windows not to reboot automatically, Just press F8 while system boot , in the manu select " Disable Automatic Restart on system failure" .

ANKIT7540

Right off the assembly line
You said that installing nokia pc suite with on a pc with two os will affect adversely,

I have Win7 with Ubuntu , will it effect ??????

Neo

I want my computer to automatically connect to a dial-up connection as soon as it starts up.

is there a way?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone have Apple theme for wINDOWS 7. plz provide if possible.
I think people have fairly grown up from the days of transformation packs. Let us simply enjoy the Windows 7's interface instead of creating hassles.

How to fix the WMP12 BUG RPOBLEM for win7 in simple words////
by providing the necessary information and asking your question in simple words////

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
I have a ps/2 keyboard which is recognized by the windows (7 64 bit), but it does not work. It works fine with widows 7 32 bit and the BIOS of my computer. Help me, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ which brand ? Are you using some USB to PS2 converter ??

I'm using a PS2 keyboard in win 7 x64 and it works without any issue ;-)

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^ which brand ? Are you using some USB to PS2 converter ??

I'm using a PS2 keyboard in win 7 x64 and it works without any issue ;-)

mobo - msi z68ma ed55 b3
keyboard - logitech (i got it 3 yrs ago with intex desktop, BTO version)
i dont use a convertor as there is a ps/2 port in the mobo

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even I'm using a Logitech Media KB ( PS2 ) and it's working with win 7 x64 Sp1 with default windows driver ;-)

BTW, have you installed setpoint sw and driver for the Keyboard - try reinstalling/uninstalling them.

nishant1512

Broken In
hey friends. i keep getting the bsod on my old win7 machine. the problem is coming up for the last 2 days and i cant get it fixed. help me please. the error says that "DRIVER IRQL LESS OR EQUAL" or something like that. the dump files as well as xml files are linked.

for the dump files
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

for the xml files
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

someone help me plz

nishant1512

Broken In
finally figured out why was i getting regular BSODs. i tried to find a solution here earlier but no one responded so i had to do some tinkering of my own n found out that a file called
sr9usb.sys is the defaulter

it refers to the SR9600 USB TO FAST ETHERNET ADAPTER driver

i am using an old pc with following config

Pentium 4 2.66 ghz
1.5 gb ddr ram 400 mhz
500 gb seagate barracuda 7200.11 hdd
500 gb seagate barracuda 7200.12 hdd
intel d101ggc mobo
asus nvidia geforce 210
windows 7 ultimate x32

now i couldn't find any update to the driver for this. can anyone plz post a link to the update. my current driver version is 1.0.10377.0
or suggest an alternative solution

sygeek

Technomancer
My personal favorite is to bypass IE all together when downloading Firefox:
open command prompt:
  1. FTP
  2. open ftp.mozilla.org
  3. anonymous, anonymous
  4. cd pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/
  5. cd to your directory of choice
  6. binary
  7. get "firefox setup herp.derp.exe"