Aspiring Novelist
*www.tothegame.com/res/game/8500/boxshot_uk_large.jpg

• Official Web Page: LINK
  • Developer: Mercury Steam
  • Publisher: Konami
  • Genre: Action/Adventure
  • Release date: US 05-Oct-2010 / UK 8-Oct-2010

[*]Description:

[*]Castlevania: Lords of Shadow takes place at the end of days. The Earth’s alliance with the Heavens has been threatened by a dark and malevolent force – the mysterious Lords of Shadow – darkness reigns the world. Across this shattered land, the souls of the dead wander unable to find peace, whilst creatures of evil roam free wreaking chaos and death upon the living.

[*]Gabriel is a member of the Brotherhood of Light, an elite group of holy knights who protect and defend the innocent against the supernatural. His beloved wife was brutally murdered by the evil forces of darkness and her soul trapped for eternity. Neither living nor dead she realises the horrific truth of what is at stake and guides Gabriel to his destiny – and hopefully salvation for the world… but at what cost?

[*]Thus, Gabriel must travel the destroyed world, defeating the evil tyrants in order to use their powers to bring balance back to the world. Armed with the versatile Combat Cross – the world’s last hope must encounter the three factions of the Lords of Shadow and end their unholy rule.

[*]Features:
[*]A brand new Castlevania game with state of the art graphics and high production standards to deliver an awesome game experience for PlayS tation 3 and Xbox 360.

[*]High caliber voice acting from the game's stunning cast, with Gabriel voiced by Robert Carlyle (28 Weeks Later, Trainspotting, The Full Monty and Stargate Universe), and Patrick Stewart (X-Men, Star Trek: Next Generation) as the mysterious Zobek. Natasha McElhone (The Other Boleyn Girl, Californication, The Truman Show) and Jason Isaacs (Black Hawk Down, The Patriot, Harry Potter series) round off the talent.

[*]Developed by Spanish studio Mercury Steam and supervised by world renowned Kojima Productions.

[*]Intense combat action game with powerful magic system that takes the series back to its roots but with all new game play features that utiliz e the full power of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

[*]Immerse into a brand-new storyline that new comers to the Castlevania franchise will relish, while existing fans will appreciate on a deeper level with the introduction of characters and tangential side stories that pay homage to what has come before.

[*]Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone your platforming skills in this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away any and all things that lay in your path!

[*]Solve devious puzzles along your journey that unlock new items in which to improve your chances of success. Leave no stone unturned as you never know what you might find.

[*]Take on behemoth enemies that scale to the size of complete world environments and where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.

[*]Use secondary weapons like daggers and holy water and combine them with light and dark magic for a wealth of powerful attacks to unleash upon your foes. Manage your spells as power comes at a price!

[*]Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, old forest s and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm on the 9th chapter right now. It's a fantastic game. A great mix of platforming and hack-en-slash. Good story, voice acting is top notch, excellent character animations, gorgeous graphics and my personal favourite, Boss fights. The game is bloody long. If you explore all the areas and gather all the collectibles, this could easily go up to 25-30 hours. The qualms that I have with this game is the crooked camera, character movement and wonky frame rates. Camera is fixed and often pans out in the wrong direction. Frame rates take a hit when rendering extreme weather effects.

There are tons of upgradable move set. You have 2 different sets of magic meters; Shadow & Light magic. Shadow magic, when active, increases the damage of your combat cross and your sub-weapons. While the Light Magic, when active, is able to replenish you health with each hit that you strike on the enemy. The learning curve isn't very difficult. It's a combination of your heavy & light attacks and timed block retaliations. Your in-game diary helps you keep a tab of your upgrades and also unlocks new skill sets, which you can purchase the with neutral orbs that you collect from dead enemies.

It's definitely a must buy title, if you love adventure and hack-en-slash games. A very cinematic and well narrated title from Mercury Stream. I haven't tried any previous 2D Castlevania titles, but this is an excellent stand alone title.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Okay if it's platforming+adventure, then I oughta get it soon! Who knows, maybe I'll pick up a sealed copy if there's one available in Croma in my town. I love platformers. I am also psyched about the voice acting thing. Been ages since I played a game with decent voice acting. Hack N Slash are also my cup of tea!

Thanks for the input, I'll see if I can get it somehow!

quan chi

mortal kombat
any such kind of game for pc i like its music.to be precise i like these kind of genre.music is a bit similar to oblivion.its beautiful.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
any such kind of game for pc i like its music.to be precise i like these kind of genre.music is a bit similar to oblivion.its beautiful.
I seriously wish it would be available for PC. We could have enjoyed a stable frame rate and a gorgeous looking adventure title. The latter levels within the Vampire's castle and the land of the dead are just spectacular.

Anyway, Just completed the game in a non-stop 5 hour marathon. This is hands down a GOTY contender. The last 2 levels changed the whole face of the game with the amount of epicness filled in them. For those yet to complete the game, please don't skip the end credits. Instead, the best cut-scene in the game (and the plot twist) begins after the credits end. It's a clear indication for a sequel, which probably has the potential to be 10 times more kick-ass then this game, provided they put in the same efforts. It was a long and twisted journey, but completely satisfying. BRAVO Mercury Stream! BRAVO!

Top Bottom