The Official Antivirus Thread

Which one of the following is the best according to you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kristain

Right off the assembly line
KIS is best....It is better software than all other antivirus software. It has an amazing track record for virus detection without slowing the system.

Krow

Crowman
Avira Personal Edition. Free, not too resource heavy and pretty good too. I wish there was an anti-virus which had zero false detections. :(

ankushkool

Youngling
Kaspersky is really cheap... totally worth, i think its 400-500 for single license and around 1000 for 3 license. a small amount for peace of mind :)

and if u lookin for a free AV all Avast, Avira, AVG are good but Avast takes up more memory compared to other two, and AVG has problems uninstalling and sometimes gives false alarms... and Avira can sometimes give prob while updating :)

frontier2002

Broken In
Kaspersky is really cheap... totally worth, i think its 400-500 for single license and around 1000 for 3 license. a small amount for peace of mind :)

and if u lookin for a free AV all Avast, Avira, AVG are good but Avast takes up more memory compared to other two, and AVG has problems uninstalling and sometimes gives false alarms... and Avira can sometimes give prob while updating :)

How are you so certain about the problem for Avast, Avira, AVG? have you tried them all or just guessing from others comment/experience? Many others don't really experience exactly of what you said. I would say Kaspersky also is heavy if it is updating or scanning it can slow down my PC significantly even though i am using it and i like the virus detection rates.

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
Guys whenver i us my PC it gets restart after certain time. i hav scaned my computer but no virus has been detected. SO pls suggest me a good free antivirus...

well, i cant make sure that free antiviruses or Free versions of paid ones can take out every crap from your system. Most free version AVs work in reduced functionality mode. You might need a good firewall.
Would you like to give any info regarding your OS and AV program you using with version ??

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
OOps sorry for giving incomplete information. Well i am a windows user using ESet antivirus 3.0.. Pls list some good antivirus with their latest version (Both paid and free). I will be very thankful.

^Just download the latest trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security. Boot your pc in safe mode and run scan. After all threats are removed just install another free av.

nitinkanpuridude

Right off the assembly line
Trust me Avira Anti-Virus is best available outta there. Best detection rates, least false positive, doesn't messes up with your computer at all, very customizable, sleek interface, never slows down your p.c/laptop/nettop. What else do you need more. I have used Avast also, what all it did was to slow down my p.c and popping up false positives.
This all i have mentioned about avira free version.
"Comodo firewall is quite o.k, but at times (while playing games) ya have no option such as "Game mode".
I am happy with my windows Firewall.
For Malware Protection opt for the free version of Malywarebytes Antimalware. This all is all enough to keep ya'' safe.
Stay Happy Homies:mrgreen::-o:-o:mrgreen::mrgreen:

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

OOps sorry for giving incomplete information. Well i am a windows user using ESet antivirus 3.0.. Pls list some good antivirus with their latest version (Both paid and free). I will be very thankful.

For free go for "Avira anti-virus".:mrgreen:

tobbyhot

Broken In
I have seen the most votes are with Kasper but this is not really good as compare to Avast, I m using avast since last 3 years & I found this best than anyone else..

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
so two years down the line, does this poll result still have any semblance to reality? people in the know please comment.... should i go for Kaspersky blindly or something else?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
It is never recommended to go for anything blindly
Kaspersky is a very able security program no doubt
but it is a resource hogger too
My personal recommendation(based on latest AV comparatives reports)
would be Avira Antivir Premium,coupled with Comodo or Online Armor Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.