The next big thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
All I want is a W880i like body + 320X240 pixel resolution based 2.5 inch LCD + 3.2 MP Camera + Xenon flash + Video recording at 640X480 & 352X288 at 30 fps with standard 3gp for MMS + WMA/mp4/mp3 support so that I don't have to convert my songs + EDGE + Opera native to sony or netfront with full orkut support.

Thats my small wish list :D

K

krazyfrog

I don't think SE will bring anything that Nokia doesn't have already.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
finally dude.......

its official...sony has unvieled 4 phones tonight...

two camera phones and two walkman phones....

camera phones

k850i--

5 megapixel camera phone with Auto focus and Xenon flash -- Tri-Band HSDPA for high-speed picture and video blogging -- Advanced digital camera features - BestPic(TM), Photo fix and PictBridge

Beautiful images -- The K850 offers auto focus and a Xenon flash to produce true digital camera results. Even if you are not an expert photographer, the K850 helps you to get the best possible photos on your phone. With Photo fix you can improve light balance in one click right. BestPic(TM) is a useful feature for taking pictures of moving objects, for example at a sports event. The camera takes nine pictures in rapid succession ensuring that you get a good photo, and then you can simply choose the best and delete the rest.

Beautifully simple and easy to use -- When in camera mode the K850's next generation camera menu makes it intuitive to scroll between functions like shoot mode and picture size. The lens cover retracts automatically with one press of the camera button and a new mode selector lets you switch quickly between camera, video and picture viewing modes. The regular phone keyboard also has a dual purpose: Switch to camera mode and illuminated icons indicate which keys act as short-cuts for the digital zoom and other functions.

Easy to access -- Beyond the camera, the K850 is a capable multimedia phone. The new media browser puts all of your stored media -- photos, video, music or podcasts -- in one place. This unique feature allows you to scroll, sort and access your media from a single point in the menu. The K850 Cyber-shot(TM) phone also lets you search for photos by the month taken, view thumbnail images or scroll through in full-picture mode. With the new crystal

display, the K850 offers optimal clarity from any viewing angle.

Easy to share -- Once you have taken your picture it is easy to share the memory. If showing a photo on the K850's large 2.2" crystal bright display, the innovative auto rotate feature will display it in the correct aspect -- portrait or landscape -- regardless of the orientation. Picture blogging and video blogging allow you to upload your shots and footage at HSDPA speeds to your own blogsite.

Easy to pair -- Given the premium look of the K850 Cyber-shot(TM) phone, you will want to match it with an accessory that looks just as good. Announced today as an optional accessory, the Bluetooth(TM) Headset IV840 fits discretely and securely into your ear. This high-performance headset provides for up to 9 hours of talking. Auto pairing(TM) makes it easy to connect your headset with the K850 and digital noise cancellation provides optimum sound quality.

The Sony Ericsson K850 Cyber-shot(TM) phone is a Tri-Band HSDPA and Quad-Band EDGE phone with a color choice of either Velvet Blue or Luminous Green. It will be available in North America beginning in Q42007.

The K850 Cyber-shot(TM) phone at a glance: Feature K850 Camera 5 megapixel camera Auto focus Yes Digital zoom up to 16x Xenon Flash Yes PictBridge Yes BestPic(TM) Yes Photo fix Yes Automatic postcard creation Yes Slideshow w music Yes Pocket album -- thumbnail Yes Fast scroll Yes Intelligent photo browsing Yes Active lens cover Yes Display 2.2" QVGA 262K TFT Scratch resistant crystal bright display Yes Video recording Yes (30fps QVGA) User free memory (internal) up to 40MB Expandable Memory Yes (M2/MicroSD) Memory Card Combo slot(M2(TM)/MicroSD(TM)) Yes FEATURE K850 Push e-mail Yes Microsoft(R) Exchange ActiveSync(R) Support Yes Web browser Access NetFront(TM) PlayNow(TM) PlayNow(TM) 4.0 Podcasting Yes New Media browser Yes Flight Mode Yes Bluetooth(TM) Technology Bluetooth(TM) 2.0 FM stereo radio Yes with RDS Streaming audio/video Yes Music tones Yes WAP 2.0 XHTML Yes Polyphonic ringtones Yes Speakerphone Yes Vibrating alert Yes Picture messaging (MMS) Yes Predictive text input Yes Sound recorder Yes Text messaging (SMS) Yes Navigation key Yes Picture wallpaper Yes Java(TM) Yes Alarm clock Yes Calculator Yes Calendar Yes Notes Yes Phone book Yes Stopwatch Yes Tasks Yes Timer Yes Infrared Yes USB mass storage Yes USB support Yes K850 Accessories In-Box: -- Battery -- Charger -- USB cable -- Stereo Portable Handsfree -- 256 MB Memory Stick Micro(TM) (M2(TM)) -- Media Manager PC program -- Synchronization PC program Optional: -- Bluetooth(TM) Headset HBH-IV840 Stylish design with excellent sound -- Camera Phone Kit IPK-100 Premium protection for your phone -- Bluetooth(TM) Car Speakerphone HCB-120 Handsfree solution with caller display. For use in the car, office or home K850 Facts and Figures Size: 102 x 48 x 17 mm Weight: 118 grams Colors: Luminous Green Velvet Blue Screen: 262,144 color TFT Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels Size: 2.2 inches Phone memory: Up to 40 MB Memory card support: Memory Stick Micro(TM) (M2(TM)) and SanDisk(TM) Micro SD(TM)/Transflash(TM) Networks: K850i (UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900/2100-GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) Talk time GSM/UMTS: Up to 9 hrs/3 hrs 30 min Standby time GSM/UMTS: Up to 400 hrs/350 hrs

the w910i

Sony Ericsson W910 Walkman phone

-Feel the Music Discover and create a playlist that suits your mood. Move through your music collection with the flick of the phone

-Take the Controls Hold the phone just like a portable gaming console. Move it to steer the 3D action.

-Make it Quick Use the new Media Manager provided to transfer videos, music, photos and more to and from your phone.

Shake it up
With Shake control you can skip your music forward one track if it's flicked one way and back if it's flicked another. Shake the W910 back and forth and it shuffles your playlist. It also adds a new dimension to mobile gaming. If you tire of using the dedicated gaming buttons, just steer the W910 from left to right to make your move.

Bring it down
The W910 Walkman phone will feature the latest version of the PlayNow(TM) mobile download service (PlayNow(TM)4.0). This gives the user instant access to an extensive catalogue of games, mastertones and music, including thousands of tracks from Sony BMG. Preview, select and pay for tracks, all in just a few clicks, and download them on demand directly to your phone.

Match your mood
Choose your music to suit your mood with SensMe, a completely new way to browse music on your Walkman phone. Search your collection and create playlists based on tempo and style rather than on artist or album. The unique visual shows each of your tracks as dots in a matrix, placed along a horizontal and vertical axis according to their attributes. This way you can circle a group of tracks that match your mood to create a playlist, or simply select individual tunes as you wish. An alternative to the phone's more conventional music catalogue, SensMe is the perfect way to create a soundtrack to your life.

Manage your media
The new media browser on the W910 Walkman® phone places all of your media in one central area, making it easy to access music, video or podcasts from one single icon on your phone menu.

The W910 Walkman phone helps you sort out your various media files, even before they reach the phone. The new Media Manager PC programme lets you organise your music, photos and podcasts on your PC and transfer them via USB to your phone. An incredibly simple tool to use, you can for example search and select music on your computer or audio CDs and convert the tracks to mobile-compatible formats before the transfer takes place, thus saving time as well as your phone's resources.

Get more
With room for over 900 songs on the W910 (1GB Memory Stick Micro(TM) provided), you will want to enjoy your music to the full. So why not team it up with the Stereo Bluetooth(TM) Headset HBH-DS220 and stream rich, crystal clear audio direct from your phone. Or turn the W910 into a mini stereo system by plugging it into the new Music Desk Stand MDS-65.

The Sony Ericsson W910 Walkman® phone will be available in either Hearty Red or Noble Black from Q4 2007. It will ship in the following network versions:

W908c: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
W910i: UMTS/HSDPA 2100-GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900

the w960i

-Store more Up to 700 albums and PC-to-phone transfer of 1GB in less than 3 minutes
-Touch and play Navigate the latest Walkman player with touch of a finger or stylus
-Explore more Surf the Web via Wi-Fi or at 3G speed and watch videos in TV quality

Music marathon
Up to 700 albums - around 8000 songs - can be stored on the 8GB memory of the W960 Walkman phone. Managing tracks is easy and it can transfer up to 1GB of data, including music tracks, from your PC to the phone in less than three minutes. With two stylish headsets supplied in the box (one of these the new Stereo Bluetooth(TM) Headset HBH-DS220) and a music listening time of up to 27 hours, you're free to dance much more than the night away.

Visual feast
Album arts, TV shows and games. You can navigate the W960 and browse media files with the touch of a finger (or stylus). Just press the touch controls to find your way to whatever type of entertainment you need. If video is your choice, the phone supports video playback at 30 frames per second, which is the same as TV quality

Go Wireless
The 2.6" touch-sensitive display is great for Web browsing. Hook up to the Web using the 3G network or a Wi-Fi access point. Visit your favourite pages, buy music online, and download new programmes to make the W960 truly yours.

Performance photos
To catch the fun, the W960 Walkman phone boasts a 3.2 megapixel camera within its 16mm frame. Auto focus makes your photos sharper, and with picture messaging or email you can share them instantly. Another way to spread the word - or photos - is to post them on your own blog site.

Sort it out
As with the W910 Walkman phone, you can organize all of your content for the W960 using Media Manager PRO, a PC programme for optimizing music, photos and videos to be used on your phone.

Wise up
As with earlier Walkman phones, the W960 incorporates TrackID music recognition software. This lets you record a clip of a song on your phone and find out instantly the name of the artist, track and album. Handy for those moments when you hear a song you like, but do not know who sings it.

On the W960 (and W910) this feature has been taken to the next level. You can now receive detailed information about the song identified - the background of the artists and the album. New ways to search have been added in, other than just by capturing an audio clip. If you know a bands name and not much else, for example, you can text search to find out more. Search by artist, title, album or lyrics.

Listen up
The W960 Walkman phone really is the centrepiece of your music listening life, which is why both a stereo portable handsfree and a Stereo Bluetooth headset for music streaming are included with the phone. When you want more, the new Street-style Portable Handsfree HPM-83 adds urban style to the W960. Its flexible neckband gives a secure fit and wraps behind the head, so as not to get in the way if you're running or at the gym. If you want to share your music library with friends, the Bluetooth(TM) Music Receiver MBR-100 plugs into your home stereo and lets you stream tracks directly from the phone to your stereo's speakers. Why keep it to yourself?

The Sony Ericsson W960 Walkman phone is UMTS 2100-GSM/GPRS 900/1800/1900 and will be available in Vinyl Black from Q4 2007.

yeah dudes..sony rocks big time now...sorry..the photos nt yet released....i gt all the info as ye released ..theres also a low end phone...the z320...it has a vga cam and luks like the pebl...

and the 850 records videos at 30 fps..beats the n93...has evryhting tht a sony cam has...so....nokia..wer r u???

*electronista.macnn.com/content/0706/sony-ericssonk850-lg.jpg

*electronista.macnn.com/content/0706/sony-ericssonk530.jpg

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Specs sheet of W910i

Specs sheet of W960i

Specs sheet of K530i

Sepcs sheet of K850i

I really like the W960i. It is like a complete phone & to be very frank now I have changed my mind :D. No more N73 ME for me. With W950i I get 8 GB storage, 3.2 MP Camera, full symbian OS with touch screen control which works with both stylus & Fingers & everything in a 16mm shell. the only gripe is 256k colour screen but if Nokia 6300 is any indication, 16bit screen eats a lot of battery. I am gonna miss EDGE in W960i though, maybe they will release a W968i for Indian market with EDGE insted of 3G.

iPhone as a multimedia device is dead. Anyone in there sence will not buy iPhone with so many limitations when W960i provides 8 GB Storage too & much more features then iPhone like Symbian OS & 3.2 Megapixel camera. Those who didn't like N95 as a cool device should look at this insted.

*img207.imageshack.us/img207/9784/w960beggesider118186583tq2.jpg

Specs of W960i highlighted

1) 240X320 pixel 256k colour 2.6" Touch screen

2) Symbian OS 3.1 with UIQ 3 Interface

3) Opera Mobile

4) 8 GB Storage

5) 3.2 mega pixel with Auto Focus.

6) GPRS EDGE 3G HSDPA

7) USB 2.0

8 ) Bluetooth 2.0

9) Video recording at 320X240 with 15fps in mpeg4 for Video & AAC for audio.

10) It has led flash just like K750i but not Xenon flash like K810i or K790i

W960i is the Complete Multimedia Phone to buy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*img.gsmarena.com/w/pics/sonyericsson/sonyericsson-k850-00.jpg

5 MP Camera is good but pics of this size do take lots of time to save on Memory Card. It also supports video recording at 320X240 pixel mpeg4 format.

K850i is on the other hand is a beast. If only they could provide me Opera in it I would have considered it over W960i but then again, NetFront now supports Orkut (javascript & ajax) so Opera won't be that missed.

Last edited:

oval_man

Journeyman
K850i VS N95:

K850 plus points: Accelerometer for viewing pics,cute design,good battery,LED flash,HSPDA

minus points: no gps,no wifi,video recording at 15fps?!,no stereo speakers!!,No xenon flash,NO Mega bass

Last edited:
OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ay dude..ther are stereo speakers.....hw can u xpect a phn to hav no speakers.....video recordiong a 30fps...sorry u hav wrong info..only the resolution is diff...and add this...
k850-very fast,stable,does not hang,cybershot,best camera phone till date

K

krazyfrog

Just what i thought. Nothing new that Nokia doesn't have already.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
W960i :drools:. This is a complete package pathiks....aur kya chahiye phone main.

I recommended W950i to 3 of my friends few months ago cos Camera phone was banned in there office & they wanted a music phone with internet cos they had no access to computer at home. They are more then happy with W950i & now with W960i even I will be happy cos the phone is W950 + More storage + Camera...best of all world.

N95 is a different league. It is a Pocket PC kind of device, hell it can even encode videos, what do u think of it.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
the future demands :
► 5+MP cam
► PSP compatible stuff
► Walkman compatibilities
► No Memory issues
► NO web connection issues
► MS Office [next generation version]
► and of course, telephony features

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
MS office compatibility. Well...this is a Symbian OS phone so yeah it can read MS office & PDF files easily. No idea whether it can edit them or not. But If you ask me, I would rather like viewing capability then editing on such a small screen .

Mobile phone manufacturers are again bringing the mega pixel myth to phones. To be very frank 3 MP is more then enough. SE should now focus on shutter speed & colour reproduction, red eye & noise reduction as well as better quality night photos.

Pathik

Google Bot
u bet gx... ther s not much diff in the quality of 5mp and 3mp cam pics...
tho i wd love to have a n95 i wdnt mind if some1 gifts me this one too ... :D
man just look at the fone... its a beauty... well as now the n95 is abt 27k i do hope that this one shd be around 22-24k...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Nah, I don't think so. Remember that the 8 GB Hard disk in W960i makes it very cosly compared to N95.

Full 5 MP Picture is postar size anyway :D. Even right now I take pics at 2 MP with optimised settings etc & then resize in photoshop t0 1280X960 (1.3 MP) with all the enhancements. it prints at a 8x6 " Photo Paper just fine & crisp

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey guys doesn't this k530i has auto focus ???? man what a downer

also gsm arena says its 3g now what does that mean ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom