The need to buy new mobo

Abhijiet

Right off the assembly line
Greetings hope you are doing well.

I had assembled PC in late 08, everything was working properly until one fine day :(

PC didn't boot, no BIOS screen, just continuous 1 high beep and 3 short beeps, i removed all RAM's and Graphic Card and and tried to put all RAM's One by One and then tried to boot again but all in vain, same sequence of beeps showed up again.

I think my motherboard has gone kaput, I was thinking of upgrading it.

1. Can i upgrade to Asus F1A75-V Pro and AMD A8-3850,
2. Can my PSU support my new config or should i buy new one.

Below is my (out-dated :grin:) gaming rig. Please in urgent need of your advice.

My config is Asus P5Q, Intel core2Duo 2.4 GHz, Corsair 450W, 1 Tb Seagate barracuda, 2x500gb Seagate barracuda, Msi R6790 (Upgraded from ATi Radeon 4850 HD), 4gb Transcend Ram (Upgrading to 6gb), Viewsonic 22 inch Widescreen (Upgrading to Asus PA238Q).

vicedens2002

Broken In
Greetings hope you are doing well.

I had assembled PC in late 08, everything was working properly until one fine day :(

PC didn't boot, no BIOS screen, just continuous 1 high beep and 3 short beeps, i removed all RAM's and Graphic Card and and tried to put all RAM's One by One and then tried to boot again but all in vain, same sequence of beeps showed up again.

I think my motherboard has gone kaput, I was thinking of upgrading it.

1. Can i upgrade to Asus F1A75-V Pro and AMD A8-3850,
2. Can my PSU support my new config or should i buy new one.

Below is my (out-dated :grin:) gaming rig. Please in urgent need of your advice.

My config is Asus P5Q, Intel core2Duo 2.4 GHz, Corsair 450W, 1 Tb Seagate barracuda, 2x500gb Seagate barracuda, Msi R6790 (Upgraded from ATi Radeon 4850 HD), 4gb Transcend Ram (Upgrading to 6gb), Viewsonic 22 inch Widescreen (Upgrading to Asus PA238Q).

Thats a GPU problem. Try with different GPU ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Abhijiet, Triple bit error may be Ram issue. I think you should try to put a different ram apart from yours and test it.
Also check if any warranty is remaining for the motherboard by going to the Asus service center in your locality. Even if it is out of warranty there is a high chance of repairing it if the damage is not severe. So try to fix the mobo before jumping to a new one.

OP
A

Abhijiet

Right off the assembly line
Abhijiet, Triple bit error may be Ram issue. I think you should try to put a different ram apart from yours and test it.
Also check if any warranty is remaining for the motherboard by going to the Asus service center in your locality. Even if it is out of warranty there is a high chance of repairing it if the damage is not severe. So try to fix the mobo before jumping to a new one.

Too late for that now got myself intel i5 2400 and Asus mobo, but the problem persists, i am getting regular single beep but the monitor just remains "powered on" and stay likes that, even if i try to turn off monitor button the damn thing stays ON, can this be my graphics card error or shall i try a vga to vga cable as fortunately this mobo has vga port :)) let me know your views

Update.....I borrowed friends VGA to VGA cable but nothing happened i am getting same one beep and monitor power on button is still blue (goes to DIM blue). One more thing if i connect/disconnect any USB (mouse/Pen Drive) i can hear sound....conclusion Monitor is still ON but no display, can hear sound of USB while plugging unplugging. Help me out here... :oops:

Last edited:
Top Bottom