The Mutual Funds Investment Thread

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Any idea how late? I recently redeemed MF units from my father's SBI MF bought via SBI itself. It took almost 4-5 business days to be credited.

While purchasing MF using Groww, it takes like 3 days for it to reflect in my account.
I withdrew on Aug 18th got it yesterday, Takes about a week.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
So similar to how long it took directly from SBI MF website. I will prefer to have everything neatly arranged in one place at Groww.
These funds have to follow some government rules ( I don' know the details as the rules keep on changing) so it does not matter what app you use to withdraw. Let me try GROWW and update you.
EDIT: Just tried. They are asking me to import statements from mycams and kfinkart. I don't see the use of this app. You can use mycams and kfinkart both. Best practice.

Last edited:
These funds have to follow some government rules ( I don' know the details as the rules keep on changing) so it does not matter what app you use to withdraw. Let me try GROWW and update you.
EDIT: Just tried. They are asking me to import statements from mycams and kfinkart. I don't see the use of this app. You can use mycams and kfinkart both. Best practice.
If you import statement from CAMS, you can see it in Groww, that's it. I think they also recommend the best time to switch from regular to direct MF, if you are investing in regular one. Not used these 2 features myself. For some reason my father's SBI MF wasn't getting a proper statement from CAMS.

I started my SIPs to MF from Groww & Groww has been my goto recommendation for most people for the same. That's it. If you are already using, say Zerodha, and aren't bothered by AMC, not much point trying to switch to Groww.

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
If you import statement from CAMS, you can see it in Groww, that's it. I think they also recommend the best time to switch from regular to direct MF, if you are investing in regular one. Not used these 2 features myself. For some reason my father's SBI MF wasn't getting a proper statement from CAMS.

I started my SIPs to MF from Groww & Groww has been my goto recommendation for most people for the same. That's it. If you are already using, say Zerodha, and aren't bothered by AMC, not much point trying to switch to Groww.
Still it makes no sense for me to use groww. I avoid third party apps. Mycams and kfinkart does everything for me. The daily changes I see is good. Importing statements is another pita.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any idea how late? I recently redeemed MF units from my father's SBI MF bought via SBI itself. It took almost 4-5 business days to be credited.

While purchasing MF using Groww, it takes like 3 days for it to reflect in my account.
Basically add 1-2 days more to whatever days it take to get credit from MF own site after redeeming units.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't seem like a big deal. Groww seems very convenient to have everything in one place. Hopefully, they keep it 0 AMC for years to come. Your mileage might vary.
Another thing is "portability". MF units in demat acc are not as portable as MF units directly held with MF so it is faster to switch/transfer.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't know what to say about newspaper article headlines, but it sure isn't a "tipping point" for anything.
The way I see it, more choices the better.

icebags

Technomancer
so, i had create a few sips few months ago, and now i want to increase monthly amount to one of the funds. so, what to do, should i create another sip with the same fund?

also, is it a good time to invest lumpsum ? funds appears to be proceeding at a straight slope.

so, i had create a few sips few months ago, and now i want to increase monthly amount to one of the funds. so, what to do, should i create another sip with the same fund?

also, is it a good time to invest lumpsum ? funds appears to be proceeding at a straight slope.
Depends on how & from where you are doing SIPs. You should be able to edit SIP, if not, delete the old SIP & create a new SIP.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's definitely doesn't seem to be a good time for lumpsun. Markets at all time high, and are showing signs of weakness. It's best to maintain some cash for seeking opportunities.
But SIP, you can get it increased if you want to increase the amount to invest monthly.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Don't time it too much with MFs. Any day you see significant selling pressure do an investment the same day to get units alloted

Sent via Tapatalk

Top Bottom