The Minority Report Interface is on the way (X windows style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
MPX already supported multiple input devices. Which blows pretty much all assumptions in user interfaces (input) out of the water. (with video)

Read more: *wearables.unisa.edu.au/mpx/?q=node/86

EDIT:This thread belongs to Open Source section. I request admins to please move it there...

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
Now this will give big troubles for Microsoft surface :lol: uff ye open source ;)
btwn Xog- X window system is for UNIX(mainly)-like system Linux too.
the flash video on the site is worth a watch :-|
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=olWjnfBoY8E

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
wow.. i must say wow!! :)

one thing i'd like to quote:
Looking around on the web and in the research literature, I found that all the multitouch systems are a hack (I'm talking about software integration here, not the hardware!). Multi-touch support needs to be in the windowing system. Any client-side approach is wrong. (Feel free to disagree with me on that)
now i'm very eager to know more about it! it wud definitely make an interesting read!! :)

i cudn't get one thing... the display was projected from behind... then on what screen were they working on?

praka123

left this forum longback
...and the thing is available for test(if u got teh hardware!) in Linux.he got ubuntu feisty repo set.
*wearables.unisa.edu.au/mpx/?q=node/85
^ yet very experimental
so actually M$ surface too is a hack which they project as a revolutionary discovery(hihihi):D and now with mpx on the line.who saves:rolleyes:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
create your own multitouch table:
*tinker.it/now/2007/02/28/multitouch-table-experiment/

ftir: *cs.nyu.edu/~jhan/ftirsense/

hmmm.. interesting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom