The Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m thread

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, how to get the Rs 2000 gift voucher ??? Please guide me step by step...

My laptop is only 4 days old and HWMonitor is showing 5% battery wear level... What to do now ???:-x
Regsiter on Redemption Offer and upload the documents like scanned copy of bill etc.. and fill the details..... after few days roughly 10-15, they will send you a coupon code which can be used...
5% wear is not much... if the wear goes beyond 10%, then go to service center and insist to RMA the battery

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Guys, how to get the Rs 2000 gift voucher ??? Please guide me step by step...

My laptop is only 4 days old and HWMonitor is showing 5% battery wear level... What to do now ???:-x

U should call up Lenovo ASAP and have them replace it! 5% is tooo much for a laptop thats not even 1 week old! my 2.5 yr old thinkpad has a wear level of only 8% !
call asap!

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
U should call up Lenovo ASAP and have them replace it! 5% is tooo much for a laptop thats not even 1 week old! my 2.5 yr old thinkpad has a wear level of only 8% !
call asap!
Don't alarm him dude. Yeah, it should be 0% after 4days but every thing does'nt goes as planned , that's why i told him to go to service center if situation deteriorates ... and also check with other software , don't always rely on single one....... and 8% wear after 2.5 year is exceptional generally after 2 years the wear levels are 15-20%(depends on usage)... my 3 year old gateway laptop has a wear level of 38%.

pratheeshps

Journeyman
Don't alarm him dude. Yeah, it should be 0% after 4days but every thing does'nt goes as planned , that's why i told him to go to service center if situation deteriorates ... and also check with other software , don't always rely on single one....... and 8% wear after 2.5 year is exceptional generally after 2 years the wear levels are 15-20%(depends on usage)... my 3 year old gateway laptop has a wear level of 38%.

My 3-month Sony Vaio has a wear down of 10% while 1.5 year old XPS 15z has 6% wear down.Don't Go Crazy on Specs..You have a lot of Time for visiting Service Centre to replace if the matter gets worse..From my experience,just observe the Battery life for a few weeks,& give the battery few charges & then proceed...

savvy

Broken In
Okay guys, thank you all for your replies... Hmm, i think i should wait & look a few more days...

foobarbaz

Broken In
I just ordered this,few hours ago.Has any one of you have this laptop dual booted with Linux ? Apparantely,Lenovo has hardcoded Z580 to run only Win8 (this is what i heard from others),irrespective of the fact whether you have SecuredBoot turned off,you wouldn't be able to boot off any other Os.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^i am not sure.. but first install the distro ... and f it doen't works then go to bios>security and turn off the secureboot mode and also change the BIOS option from UEFI only to UEFI/legacyOS .
YOU can also try custom bootloader like GRUB albeit at your own risk

foobarbaz

Broken In
^^i am not sure.. but first install the distro ... and f it doen't works then go to bios>security and turn off the secureboot mode and also change the BIOS option from UEFI only to UEFI/legacyOS .
YOU can also try custom bootloader like GRUB albeit at your own risk

Atleast on Z580,all this doesn't seem to work.I am not quite sure,if we have any Z580 or Z500 owners running Linux alongside win8 on these laptops.
Yes,my primary bootloader would indeed be GRuB.Although,chainloading the bootloaders is what i might want to do.

Mukez32

Right off the assembly line
Researched a lot and was fixed with Z580 , but then came across this Z500 having a better G card.
Anyone here can confirm that the 740 m is that much greater than the 635 m so that it can justify the 5k price difference ?

And people in Blore , where could we get the Z500 at the cheapest?

debarshi

Otaku
Can anyone help me with an ebay link for the combo audio splitter for this model? I cant seem to find it locally.... And those who have it, are charging over 300....

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Atleast on Z580,all this doesn't seem to work.I am not quite sure,if we have any Z580 or Z500 owners running Linux alongside win8 on these laptops.
Yes,my primary bootloader would indeed be GRuB.Although,chainloading the bootloaders is what i might want to do.
Actually i saw on some forums that this solved the problems on Z580...

Researched a lot and was fixed with Z580 , but then came across this Z500 having a better G card.
Anyone here can confirm that the 740 m is that much greater than the 635 m so that it can justify the 5k price difference ?

And people in Blore , where could we get the Z500 at the cheapest?
well, i can assure you that 740m will have a much greater performance than 635m, it has greater performance than even 640m .... but it's not only about GPU but also see the form factor of z500 , i mean its much thiner and portable than 580 although a bit heavier...

Can anyone help me with an ebay link for the combo audio splitter for this model? I cant seem to find it locally.... And those who have it, are charging over 300....
here you go
*www.ebay.in/itm/White-3-5mm-Earpho..._203&hash=item20d61e4cff&_uhb=1#ht_1976wt_906
or this
*www.ebay.in/itm/New-3-5mm-Stereo-E...ies&hash=item232dfa636e&_uhb=1#ht_1373wt_1139

foobarbaz

Broken In
I got this laptop with a broken DVD Tray :-o,packaging was short of being passable or abysmal.Since i am a owner of HP Pavillio dv 2005ax,i am having second thoughs on if i should cancel my replacement order & get this instead HP Pavilion 15-E015TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Although i guess the ATI Radeon HD 8750M on this might be inferior to the GT740M,

TheSpaceDude

Broken In
Hi guys I'm going to buy this laptop from market or flipkart :D

I am unable to find gaming reviews for this laptop. (Don't redirect me to notebook.net they have reviewed the GK107 version)
I want to check the fps for this particular laptop. Can anyone please give the fps on GTA, Crysis 3 and BF3? OR atleast give an idea? Thanks.

Also, in what color is it available in flipkart? Brown right... so how does it look in dark chocolate?

TheSpaceDude

Broken In
Hey, actually I would like to know the battery also! How does it perform:

In mild usage, light browsing or simple coding or blogging?
In moderate usage like little heavy browsing or watching a movie?
In heavy usage like gaming?

Please answer in hours. Do you find the battery of this laptop to be better than average laptops or just average or below average?
This is my first laptop that's why asking so many questions :-D Thanks.

foobarbaz

Broken In
The display is satisfactory. You can't really pump up the brightness levels on this laptop.. Unlike my old dv6 laptop. So that means, the screen is not meant for outdoor use. You would actually be staring at yourself because of the glossy screen if you were to use it outside. Nevertheless, build quality is good.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys I'm going to buy this laptop from market or flipkart :D

I am unable to find gaming reviews for this laptop. (Don't redirect me to notebook.net they have reviewed the GK107 version)
I want to check the fps for this particular laptop. Can anyone please give the fps on GTA, Crysis 3 and BF3? OR atleast give an idea? Thanks.

Also, in what color is it available in flipkart? Brown right... so how does it look in dark chocolate?
FPS of atleast 7-8 latest games have been posted on this thread, kindly take the pain of going through them and on most of the games GK208 version has outperformed the FPS GK107 version that has been posted on the notebookcheck
Regarding color , well everyone has his own choice but chocolate color looks just fine to me although i would have liked it more in black.

Hey, actually I would like to know the battery also! How does it perform:

In mild usage, light browsing or simple coding or blogging?
In moderate usage like little heavy browsing or watching a movie?
In heavy usage like gaming?

Please answer in hours. Do you find the battery of this laptop to be better than average laptops or just average or below average?
This is my first laptop that's why asking so many questions :-D Thanks.
better than avg. period

I got this laptop with a broken DVD Tray :-o,packaging was short of being passable or abysmal.Since i am a owner of HP Pavillio dv 2005ax,i am having second thoughs on if i should cancel my replacement order & get this instead HP Pavilion 15-E015TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Although i guess the ATI Radeon HD 8750M on this might be inferior to the GT740M,
It's 8670m not 8750m

Top Bottom