The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

nrvpnchl

Broken In
Finally got the laptop for 77k with 3yrs extended warranty from Lenovo's showroom. I have tried Dragon Age inquisition at high settings but getting only 30-32 fps and below 25 in intense scenes. :shock: Graphics drivers are latest and the battery is on high performance mode. Please help.
Your 30-32 fps is completely normal on a 860m. Haven't tried my self but you can see here : www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-860M.107794.0.html

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Finally got the laptop for 77k with 3yrs extended warranty from Lenovo's showroom. I have tried Dragon Age inquisition at high settings but getting only 30-32 fps and below 25 in intense scenes. :shock: Graphics drivers are latest and the battery is on high performance mode. Please help.
Download 3d mark 11 demo on steam. Run it and post your score. It should be around 5 k (+-50). If it is then you are good ;)

Ishank

Right off the assembly line
Guys i seriously need to change the display to an IPS one. Please tell me the supported displays and can i find it in nehru place??

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Guys i seriously need to change the display to an IPS one. Please tell me the supported displays and can i find it in nehru place??
All supported displays are to be imported. Not available in India as far as I know.

Search laptopscreens.com for all y50 compatible screens.

Check the thread: the y50 displays compendium. Google it.

You will get all necessary details and user reviews/ issues on each screen.

Though I read that some IPS panels on the y50 have an eventual ghosting issue. So do your research before ordering. Will cost you around 8k including shipping via alixpress.

You may also get it from eBay.

Google is your friend here. Use it generously :)

Ishank

Right off the assembly line
All supported displays are to be imported. Not available in India as far as I know.

Search laptopscreens.com for all y50 compatible screens.

Check the thread: the y50 displays compendium. Google it.

You will get all necessary details and user reviews/ issues on each screen.

Though I read that some IPS panels on the y50 have an eventual ghosting issue. So do your research before ordering. Will cost you around 8k including shipping via alixpress.

You may also get it from eBay.

Google is your friend here. Use it generously :)
Thanks for help :)

croma

Broken In
I have ordered the y50 on 30th Jan and paid using net banking. Do I need to do anything else so that I can claim the extended 3 years warranty? The last date is today(31st) .When I checked the status it says "processing"

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I have ordered the y50 on 30th Jan and paid using net banking. Do I need to do anything else so that I can claim the extended 3 years warranty? The last date is today(31st) .When I checked the status it says "processing"
If u have already gone through the registration process then sit back and relax. Lenovo will get back to you.

croma

Broken In
If u have already gone through the registration process then sit back and relax. Lenovo will get back to you.
Today(2nd Feb) also when I checked it says "processing". Looks like I am not gonna get the laptop any time soon.Don't know how long they will delay this.If I don't get it by 15th Feb , the warranty registration period will also get over and I will be left in lurch.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Today(2nd Feb) also when I checked it says "processing". Looks like I am not gonna get the laptop any time soon.Don't know how long they will delay this.If I don't get it by 15th Feb , the warranty registration period will also get over and I will be left in lurch.
As long as your invoice is dated withing the offer period you will get extended warranty. Even if laptop is delivered after the offer period is over. Your bill date is all that matters...

Of course you have to register before 15 th though.

A question- you said it shows processing- you mean the warranty process or you laptop delivery?

croma

Broken In
As long as your invoice is dated withing the offer period you will get extended warranty. Even if laptop is delivered after the offer period is over. Your bill date is all that matters...

Of course you have to register before 15 th though.

A question- you said it shows processing- you mean the warranty process or you laptop delivery?

Laptop delivery. I checked the status after logging in to my account and it says "processing"

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Chroma?I ordered it from thedostore.com.Croma is the supplier?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else who bought from the thedostore faced this problem?
Ow. Then you can be free of tension I guess. Thedostore takes some time. You should get it by 15 days. Even then you can give lenovo a call just to be sure.

I am sure I read elsewhere that they take some time to deliver but all got their warranty.

croma

Broken In
I mailed them my transaction Id and now they're saying they won't deliver to my location(Trivandrum). Wtf!Why couldn't they tell that before.I would've ordered from amazon

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I mailed them my transaction Id and now they're saying they won't deliver to my location(Trivandrum). Wtf!Why couldn't they tell that before.I would've ordered from amazon
Damn that's bad on their part :/ you anyway should have ordered on amazon in the first place . cheaper rates there.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Do you think it is better to cancel my order?I don't think they will refund the amount immediately.
Either way you have to cancel right? Coz they dont deliver to trivandrum. And they will take up to a month to return your money :/

The time might be less also. All the best. This is really sucky on lenovos part.

Top Bottom