The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

nitinvertigo

Broken In
Can someone upload the installation file for Lenovo Settings Desktop application(not the metro one!). I have reinstalled my OS and also re-partitioned my HDD (so no recovery) and cannot seem to find it anywhere on the internet. If anyone who has not re-installed their OS you can find the installation file in one of the following locations:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{42F8AFC3-7944-46CC-9689-94FF9869D0A7}
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{42F8AFC3-7944-46CC-9689-94FF9869D0A7}

Thanks in advance

aytus

The Boss
URGENT:

used the laptop for a while...3 months and counting...
initially it came with a lot of bloatware and the performance was not up to mark...so clean installed windows 8.1 pro (genuine cause i activated using the key...rtm version default key works on pro also.. ),,,though tested windows 7 also...performance improved by a lot...+ i have found a way to clean install with okr working..(97gb c: drive + 816gb d: drive..)...
also changed the display...the default screen is really bad...really very very bad,,,
now this laptop feels great..
IF ANY ONE NEED ANY HELP PLZZ QUOTE THIS COMMENT AND ASK YOUR DOUBTS!!

Guys i Bought the Lenovo Y50-70, i need to register on lenovopromo.net asap.
I need to know whats the MTM no. and also some guidance on what is to be uploaded would be helpful.

Looking for a quick response.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
URGENT:

Guys i Bought the Lenovo Y50-70, i need to register on lenovopromo.net asap.
I need to know whats the MTM no. and also some guidance on what is to be uploaded would be helpful.

Looking for a quick response.
MTM no. Should be on your box on the barcode sticker under the barcode if I remember right. Just match it with the drop down list on lenovopromo website.

You need to upload a scanned copy of your invoice/bill and a scan of the model number on ur box. Basically take a pic of the barcode sticker and upload it. Will take 1 week for them to update the details.

gourang

Right off the assembly line
i have bought lenovo y50 ... its bang of bucks but im getting noticeble boot lag it takes around 45-50 secs to boot ... before it was booting in less then 15 secs please help....

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
i have bought lenovo y50 ... its bang of bucks but im getting noticeble boot lag it takes around 45-50 secs to boot ... before it was booting in less then 15 secs please help....
Most prolly your hiberfile.sys got corrupted. Disable hibernation and restart and check.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Guys any of you have updated your GPU drivers to 347.25 whql. If yes could you share some details like will it auto detect GPU or does it require tweaking,if its safe to update from stock drivers etc. Thanks.

Update: I just used geforce experience to update the drivers and everything is working fine so far (fingers crossed).

Last edited:
OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Guys any of you have updated your GPU drivers to 347.25 whql. If yes could you share some details like will it auto detect GPU or does it require tweaking,if its safe to update from stock drivers etc. Thanks.

Update: I just used geforce experience to update the drivers and everything is working fine so far (fingers crossed).

LOL Why are you babying your GPU? Just install driver like a boss.

Head Banger

Journeyman
Guys, Tomorrow I'm buying this laptop. Please tell me how the wifi works on it? I have heard that connection drops frequently and speed is slow.​

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Guys, Tomorrow I'm buying this laptop. Please tell me how the wifi works on it? I have heard that connection drops frequently and speed is slow.​
My y50 came with a realtek wlan card. Have been using it for 1 month now and connection has never dropped once. I frequently play csgo at 30 ping constant with no issues.

Only once I found that the connection was bad but that too was due to my internet on that particular day and not the lappy.

There is also a variant of y50 with qualcomm atheros cards and only those have such WiFi drop issues as far as I have heard.

So pray that you get the realtek variant as there is no way to check without unboxing...

Head Banger

Journeyman
My y50 came with a realtek wlan card. Have been using it for 1 month now and connection has never dropped once. I frequently play csgo at 30 ping constant with no issues.

Only once I found that the connection was bad but that too was due to my internet on that particular day and not the lappy.

There is also a variant of y50 with qualcomm atheros cards and only those have such WiFi drop issues as far as I have heard.

So pray that you get the realtek variant as there is no way to check without unboxing...

Can I change the bad version(card) if I get that variant?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Can I change the bad version(card) if I get that variant?
Of course u can buy a new card provided its on the y50 compatibility list.But y spend the extra buck on a new card. You won't be able to sell the atheros card to anyone either I think.

Let's hope you get the realtek version as stock. Atheros version should also suffice I guess but I cannot guarantee connection while gaming.

Again at the end of the day Indian isps barely give speeds up to 50mbps so high end ac lan cards are also not worth investing in.

I would suggest first use whatever you get and then decide accordingly. Personal preference is what matters more IMHO.

E.g I read all over the place that the screen is horrible and unbearable. But for me it was quite the contrary coz I have been using a worse screen before this. Sure its noticeable that the colours are flushed out at angles but I find it fine since I have had worse.

Similarly try out what you get first before deciding to pour more money.

Head Banger

Journeyman
Finally got the laptop for 77k with 3yrs extended warranty from Lenovo's showroom. I have tried Dragon Age inquisition at high settings but getting only 30-32 fps and below 25 in intense scenes. :shock: Graphics drivers are latest and the battery is on high performance mode. Please help.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Finally got the laptop for 77k with 3yrs extended warranty from Lenovo's showroom. I have tried Dragon Age inquisition at high settings but getting only 30-32 fps and below 25 in intense scenes. :shock: Graphics drivers are latest and the battery is on high performance mode. Please help.
Haven't played DA inquisition myself but my own statistics so far:

All 1080p and ultra with vsync and AA on:

Arkham asylum 60fps
Skyrim 50fps
Metro 2033 30-40fps
FC3 25-30fps
FC3 blood dragon 25-30fps
Cs:go 60fps
Splinter cell blacklist 50fps

Stock clocks /latest drivers...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Don't play on battery, it'll literally fcuk up battery life.
Play while the laptop is plugged into AC power.

Top Bottom