The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

Nancydig

Right off the assembly line
can anyone please let me know what wifi card is coming with 4GB version?

I will appreciate if someone can take screenshot and share here for better understanding of the wifi model.

It can be viewed on device manager under Network Adapters,Steps->Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Identify Your Intel Wireless Adapter and Driver Version Number

Mine is the Realtek rtl8723be. Y50 4gb version.

Thanks,Can anyone confirm if its same for everyone?screenshots will be appreciated.

Yes! Its the Realtek one in mine as well.

here screenshot
of my device manager *i62.tinypic.com/2whnspe.jpg

Thanks.

It looks we are not getting the same version of wifi card.

while [MENTION=289390]rishi_sethi[/MENTION] & [MENTION=292141]Simplon[/MENTION] have got the Realtek rtl8723be wireless card,it seems [MENTION=127379]techbulb[/MENTION] have got a different wifi Qualcomm Atheros AR956x
[MENTION=127379]techbulb[/MENTION] to better understand,can you please confirm when & where did you purchase the notebook and of its 4gb or 2gb version,if possible please give your notebook part number that starts with "5"(latest available in India is 59-431090)

Also i request everybody to please his/her wifi card as well and suggest your thoughts here.Thanks

amey2606

Broken In
Thanks.

while [MENTION=289390]rishi_sethi[/MENTION] & [MENTION=292141]Simplon[/MENTION] have got the Realtek rtl8723be wireless card,it seems [MENTION=127379]techbulb[/MENTION] have got a different wifi Qualcomm Atheros AR956x
[MENTION=127379]techbulb[/MENTION] to better understand,can you please confirm when & where did you purchase the notebook and of its 4gb or 2gb version,if possible please give your notebook part number that starts with "5"(latest available in India is 59-431090)

Also i request everybody to please his/her wifi card as well and suggest your thoughts here.Thanks

I have the 2gb Y50 with Qualcomm Atheros card.
Y50 59-428436

GiMMiG

Broken In
Guys,

I need your help.

I feel that my laptop runs pretty warm under normal usage. I checked the temperature using core temp and it ranges between 45c to 61c. Also, the WSAD keys and the area just where the keyboard ends is pretty warm too. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Guys, can anyone check and let me know if this is the temp you are getting on your laptop as well? I am getting 60c while transfering files from hdd, listening to some music and browsing the internet at the same time. Is this normal?

techbulb

eUREKA...
bro you are from jaipur too,you got from showroom??
ya were did you got it & for how much

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.

i bought it from jaipur & on 23rd oct (59-431090) 4gb version
i think its random some y50s have realtek & some have atheros lenovo consideres both of them as equal i think.

- - - Updated - - -

here screenshot
of my device manager *i62.tinypic.com/2whnspe.jpg
thanks for the partition guide can you help me optimize my laptop because its not performing as fast startup time is over 1 min and can you tell some useful softwares i should install and which softwares should i remove(bloatware). this my first personally bought laptop last laptop was my dads old laptop and before a desktop.

can someone help me with my above issue can someone suggest sofware for temp monitering and frame rate monitering when laying games

- - - Updated - - -

when i press a key on my laptops keyboard keys around it also moves down(not as much as the pressed key & without registering) is that normal with y50s keyboard.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
Played Far cry 3 at 1080p with ultra settings for 2 hours, smooth gameplay.
The GPU temp is 70-71 degrees while cpu's is 68 approx.

This much temp is okayish right?
Or any tips to reduce it ?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Played Far cry 3 at 1080p with ultra settings for 2 hours, smooth gameplay.
The GPU temp is 70-71 degrees while cpu's is 68 approx.

This much temp is okayish right?
Or any tips to reduce it ?

Sprinkle the laptop with cold water to lower temps. Works everytime.

On a more serious note: Those temps are far from even "warm".

techbulb

eUREKA...
i used "should i remove it" and "revo" to remove unwanted programs and added some of my own here is a screenshot of my programs *i.imgur.com/Qtmo8lA.jpg?1
if i have removed which would have been useful please tell me and any third party too my main use for this laptop is gaming & offce use

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i used "should i remove it" and "revo" to remove unwanted programs and added some of my own here is a screenshot of my programs *i.imgur.com/Qtmo8lA.jpg?1
if i have removed which would have been useful please tell me and any third party too my main use for this laptop is gaming & offce use
Remove Adobe Reader bloat, install Sumatra PDF or Foxit PDF. Even Google Chrome can open PDF files. :wink:

gscs

New to this forum
Hi guys! I am getting the Y50 for INR 77600 along with the usual accessories. (bag, lenovo headphones, mouse) Is this price fair or I should haggle a bit? Also, since this is my first laptop purchase I wanted to know how long will this thing last? I will be using this for programming, browsing the web and some casual gaming.

nrvpnchl

Broken In
Guys,

I need your help.

I feel that my laptop runs pretty warm under normal usage. I checked the temperature using core temp and it ranges between 45c to 61c. Also, the WSAD keys and the area just where the keyboard ends is pretty warm too. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

I'm facing same problem, GPU core stays below 70C but laptop feel much warm. Can't even touch bottom part of laptop. I don't know if it's normal or not because it's my first laptop.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I'm facing same problem, GPU core stays below 70C but laptop feel much warm. Can't even touch bottom part of laptop. I don't know if it's normal or not because it's my first laptop.

My laptop runs ice cold when browsing and playing music.

and gets little warm while playing games, but bottom part is not that hot, it's just the area near speakers and WASD keys.

Make sure you are running apps like chrome, wmp etc with integrated processor(Default) and not the nvidia one, if you dont require it's use.

Akshay Biyani

Broken In
Hi guys! I am getting the Y50 for INR 77600 along with the usual accessories. (bag, lenovo headphones, mouse) Is this price fair or I should haggle a bit? Also, since this is my first laptop purchase I wanted to know how long will this thing last? I will be using this for programming, browsing the web and some casual gaming.
72000 would be a better price for 4 GB variant with usual accessories. Try contacting a distributer directly and you can get it at 60k

Nancydig

Right off the assembly line
Thanks.

I have the 2gb Y50 with Qualcomm Atheros card.
Y50 59-428436

i bought it from jaipur & on 23rd oct (59-431090) 4gb version
i think its random some y50s have realtek & some have atheros lenovo consideres both of them as equal i think.

Thanks, I tried to contact Lenovo technical team regarding the same but they have no clue on what wifi card are being installed in them.

anybody with good knowledge over wifi cards can throw some light on this?

Also i request everybody to please check his/her wifi card as well,your thoughts are always welcome.I appreciate all your efforts here.

GoldenPheoniX

Broken In
hello guys,,

just a question any one downgraded from windows 8.1 to win 7?
if some one did please need a guide.. tried all the possible way couldn't make it :( ...

- - - Updated - - -

I've got the 4GB one and have the crappy atheros card.
Model: 59431090

min is realtek seems to be so many variants

amanece2008

Broken In
hello guys,,

just a question any one downgraded from windows 8.1 to win 7?
if some one did please need a guide.. tried all the possible way couldn't make it :( ...

- - - Updated - - -

min is realtek seems to be so many variants

yes i did..
but you will loose your okr..
performance was better than 8.1...but after some days of usage i clean installed windows 8.1 and it was far better than the factory made/customized(craps..bloatwares) by lenovo...

Top Bottom