The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

Kamal17

Broken In
anyone has idea about screen replacement in Y50 in India? All the screens in international forums are not easy to find in India? i think with a decent screen replacement, Y50's quality will go up considerably with still low price tag than competitors.

Also anyone has any experience in calibrating the screen colors and all? Till the replacement is available as option i would like to optimize my current screen settings. Any help on this is appreciated.

I dont know how others find screen acceptable. It put so much strain on my eyes, reading text was very hard.

I couldn't find anyone selling 30pin Full HD screen in india, so I bought from this guy off ebay -

New 15 6" Full HD LED LCD Screen for AUO B156HAN01 2 | eBay

The difference is unbelievable. Replacing it took less than 15 minutes. PM me if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I dont know how others find screen acceptable. It put so much strain on my eyes, reading text was very hard.

I couldn't find anyone selling 30pin Full HD screen in india, so I bought from this guy off ebay -

The difference is unbelievable. Replacing it took less than 15 minutes. PM me if you have any questions and I will be glad to answer.

Can you post some pics depicting the screen quality now?
Would be of great help for others.

Bad news guys. Lenovo has put throttling on battery in 4gb version.

I was not able to play need for speed on battery properly .It dropped a lot of frames. So i checked on Furmark test.

When the laptop was connected to the charger gpu clock was above 1000mhz
When the laptop was noy conncted to the charger the gpu clock dropped to 500mhz.

Why did lenovo do this or is this a problem on my laptop only? Mind you my laptop was on high performance mode!!

paragshinde

Right off the assembly line
That is eBay us website. How do you get that in India? What was the cost?
I m new to importing, guidance will help. Also post pics preferably comparative.

What is y50 screen model to check compatibility?

Last edited:

TheGUNNER

Broken In
how are they giving IPS screen here??

Lenovo Y50 Intel Quad Core i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 16GB Memory, 1TB HDD, 4GB GeForce GTX 860M, IPS Full HD 1920 X 1080 15.6 Notebook Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit - 59425653 at TigerDirect.com

frigus

Broken In
Maybe a typo ? No reviews either. There would be very interesting reactions from people if there is a change in screen type without a model change now I guess. But then, I would buy it immediately, thats the blocker for me.

Lenovo Y50 Intel Quad Core i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 16GB Memory, 1TB HDD, 4GB GeForce GTX 860M, IPS Full HD 1920 X 1080 15.6 Notebook Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit - 59425653 at TigerDirect.com

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Resellers usually can replace components without voiding the warranty. Lenovo gives some resellers a license to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad news guys. Lenovo has put throttling on battery in 4gb version.

I was not able to play need for speed on battery properly .It dropped a lot of frames. So i checked on Furmark test.

When the laptop was connected to the charger gpu clock was above 1000mhz
When the laptop was noy conncted to the charger the gpu clock dropped to 500mhz.

Why did lenovo do this or is this a problem on my laptop only? Mind you my laptop was on high performance mode!!

I can see that coming from a user who has never owned a laptop before.
All gaming laptops throttle in battery mode. This is because no battery is powerful enough to provide the necessary power.

paragshinde

This is the same one, right?
B156HAN01.2 LCD Panel, AUO LCD panels India

Kamal17

Broken In
Can you post some pics depicting the screen quality now?
Would be of great help for others.

Not very good at taking pics, but here are few links if you want to compare -

1. Y50 Replacement Displays Compendium - Page 39

2. Lenovo Screen Replacement - Imgur

3. *forum.notebookreview.com/ideapad-e...ement-displays-compendium-47.html#post9752023

Hope this helps.

That is eBay us website. How do you get that in India? What was the cost?
I m new to importing, guidance will help. Also post pics preferably comparative.

What is y50 screen model to check compatibility?

That guy ships to India. Just make sure you message him that you want the exact model and not a compatible one. I got mine within 6 days of ordering. Cost was around $150 or something including shipping via fedex.

This is the same one, right?
B156HAN01.2 LCD Panel, AUO LCD panels India

Yeah, its the same one. Just ask them to send the exact model and not a compatible one. Good luck.

H_Dogg

The tigerdirect link has been discussed on notebookreview, they have a typo and refuse to fix it.

Before ordering the display make sure to message the seller that you want the EXACT model otherwise they will sell you a compatible one.
I am also planning on upgrading the display, but first need to sell off a wifi card I have from when I had the Y510p, (2months).

Broadcom BCM94352HMB, BTW

Why not this seller?
15 6" Slim LCD Screen B156HAN01 2 FHD Display Non Touch for Acer Aspire R7 571 | eBay

EDIT: Do PM me if anyone is interested in the Wi-Fi card, does not work in the Y50, but works in the Y510p.

Last edited:

hell_razr

New to this forum
Anyone heard about upcoming Lenovo Y 70...the only difference is screen size..its 17 3"....i hope they will replace TN screen with IPS...

mohitraj1002

Hello Guys,

I ordered a 4Gig gfx variant of Lenovo Y50, which i got few hours back but right now I am in a situation where I am confused if I have got something else than what I have ordered.

First of all, Please let me know if the system information should show the way it is in the link ( *i.imgur.com/rYX8GkL.jpg )or I should contact the customer care for the replacement of the system and Secondly do help me on how to make sure if my system has a 4GB gfx card in it rather than something else. Thanks!

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Hello Guys,

I ordered a 4Gig gfx variant of Lenovo Y50, which i got few hours back but right now I am in a situation where I am confused if I have got something else than what I have ordered.

First of all, Please let me know if the system information should show the way it is in the link ( *i.imgur.com/rYX8GkL.jpg )or I should contact the customer care for the replacement of the system and Secondly do help me on how to make sure if my system has a 4GB gfx card in it rather than something else. Thanks!

Check Nvidia Experience!
Run Hardware benchmarks

mohitraj1002

Can anyone here, who is happy with his Lenovo Y50 provide me screenshots by following the below steps?

A: System Information
1) Open Run
2) Type msinfo32 and press enter (System Information opens)
3) Go to Components > Display
4) Take screenshot and paste it here

AND

B: DxDiag
1) Open Run
2) Type dxdiag and hit enter
3) Take the screenshot of both the Display and Render Tab and paste it here

Thank You in anticipation. I seriously need to understand if I have the correct system or not.

Best Regards.

Top Bottom