The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

mohitraj1002

Right off the assembly line
look at the back of the laptop and see the model no: 59-431090

It is engraved on the laptop with serial no. It is easy to see mohit.

Hey Shashi,

I did check the back side of the laptop and it is 59-431090 only.

What I am trying to ask here is that even after I got the model what I ordered, it is missing the components(according to me) what was promised and that is why I am asking for the screenshots just to confirm if the things what I can see is same/different for others. Please help if you have the information. Thanks!

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
Hey Shashi,

I did check the back side of the laptop and it is 59-431090 only.

What I am trying to ask here is that even after I got the model what I ordered, it is missing the components(according to me) what was promised and that is why I am asking for the screenshots just to confirm if the things what I can see is same/different for others. Please help if you have the information. Thanks!

What components you feel are missing and why are u feeling this? :shock:

mohitraj1002

Hello Guys,

I ordered a 4Gig gfx variant of Lenovo Y50, which i got few hours back but right now I am in a situation where I am confused if I have got something else than what I have ordered.

First of all, Please let me know if the system information should show the way it is in the link ( *i.imgur.com/rYX8GkL.jpg )or I should contact the customer care for the replacement of the system and Secondly do help me on how to make sure if my system has a 4GB gfx card in it rather than something else. Thanks!

What components you feel are missing and why are u feeling this? :shock:

See this post by me.

mohitraj1002

Post gpu z screenshot

gpu z somehow shows everything correctly, but it should be same for msinfo32 and dxdiag, which is not.

Untitled.jpg
gpuz.jpg

vineetpratik

Broken In
Did anyone who purchased Y50 4gb version got extended warranty ?
I got a mail stating
"According to Lenovo Warranty
Offer Criteria Lenovo Y50-70 Product Id- 59431090 does not comes under
eligible series, therefore we regret to inform that the Lenovo Warranty
Offer cannot be extended as the machine series purchased is not reflecting
in eligible series."

I purchased it on 13th Aug ,from a local shop , was told it will get 3 years extended warranty.

little

Journeyman
Did anyone who purchased Y50 4gb version got extended warranty ?
I got a mail stating

I purchased it on 13th Aug ,from a local shop , was told it will get 3 years extended warranty.

I got a similar e-mail from lenovo. I purchased it from an exclusive store in Delhi and I was told that I'd get extended warranty. According to lenovo cc, only 2GB versions are eligible for extended warranty offer. -_-

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I got a similar e-mail from lenovo. I purchased it from an exclusive store in Delhi and I was told that I'd get extended warranty. According to lenovo cc, only 2GB versions are eligible for extended warranty offer. -_-

The 4gb versions are getting extended warranties still, as told to me by the store person. Even lenovo website states that you get extended warranty .

H_Dogg

The 4gb versions are getting extended warranties still, as told to me by the store person. Even lenovo website states that you get extended warranty .
I also have the 4GB version, haven't received an email though, the website said invalid mtn.

vineetpratik

Broken In

Do you know anyone who got extended warranty with 4gb version. I remember the retailer registered it using new mtn number and gave me a ticket number , but when i mailed to india@lenovoreg.com
I got a reply that model no is not elidgble

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
Do you know anyone who got extended warranty with 4gb version. I remember the retailer registered it using new mtn number and gave me a ticket number , but when i mailed to india@lenovoreg.com
I got a reply that model no is not elidgble

I dont know anyone, but the lenovo website is clearly stating you get extended warranty with 4gb version.
After that previous campaign, they started another one called Diwali comes early and blah blah.

nougain

Broken In
Got my 2GB Y50 from TheDoStore 2 weeks back. Have installed some basic software such as Office 365 Trial, iTune, VLC Media player, WinRar, and low duty 7-8 more. I am not a gamer and have just installed free Asphalt 8 for graphics test. Few problems I am facing:

1. I was expecting much better i/o performance. I moved 2.2 GB from D: partition to C: partition and the AVERAGE transfer speed is 200-300 KB/s with max reaching 4 MB/s. Not sure what is going on?

2. Moved 2+ GB from Y50 HDD to 3.0 USB Transcend drive and speed I could get was in the order of 4-5 MB/s

3. While playing Asphalt 8 frames hang momentarily though I thought it would be a super smooth ride with Y50 graphic and CPU config

4. Was expecting applications such as Outlook and similar to open up in a jiffy or in few seconds in a multi-task env. Not really happening. Am I expecting too much from Y50? God knows when my Y50 is fully loaded as my current 6 years old HP 6710s laptop is with the apps/services then what will happen! I am yet to install development tools such as Oracle 11g, IDE etc etc

Hope I am doing something not right here and some calibration is pending at my end to address these basic issues. Please advice. Have I made a wrong choice?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Got my 2GB Y50 from TheDoStore 2 weeks back. Have installed some basic software such as Office 365 Trial, iTune, VLC Media player, WinRar, and low duty 7-8 more. I am not a gamer and have just installed free Asphalt 8 for graphics test. Few problems I am facing:

1. I was expecting much better i/o performance. I moved 2.2 GB from D: partition to C: partition and the AVERAGE transfer speed is 200-300 KB/s with max reaching 4 MB/s. Not sure what is going on?

2. Moved 2+ GB from Y50 HDD to 3.0 USB Transcend drive and speed I could get was in the order of 4-5 MB/s

3. While playing Asphalt 8 frames hang momentarily though I thought it would be a super smooth ride with Y50 graphic and CPU config

4. Was expecting applications such as Outlook and similar to open up in a jiffy or in few seconds in a multi-task env. Not really happening. Am I expecting too much from Y50? God knows when my Y50 is fully loaded as my current 6 years old HP 6710s laptop is with the apps/services then what will happen! I am yet to install development tools such as Oracle 11g, IDE etc etc

Hope I am doing something not right here and some calibration is pending at my end to address these basic issues. Please advice. Have I made a wrong choice?

1.Must have been a lot of files. Try a single file.
2.^^^
3.Try a "real" game.
4.You need a SSD for those things to open in a jiffy.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone confirm me whether Y50 is worth 64K without the 8GB SSD?The model is 4gb grapic card version

8GB SSD=TRASH! I'd throw it away if I ever had one.

nougain

Broken In
Yes, they were thousands of files. Copied single 400MB file:: Within the same HDD: 20-45 MB/s. HDD to 3.0 USB Drive: 18-22 MB/s.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Yes, they were thousands of files. Copied single 400MB file:: Within the same HDD: 20-45 MB/s. HDD to 3.0 USB Drive: 18-22 MB/s.

Maybe external HDD is faulty.
Same HDD speed is low because drive is doing 2x the workload.

Top Bottom