The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

rupeshwar

Broken In
Those who bought 4GB version, did you get extended warranty? When I registered for it I got a response that my MTM no. is not eligible for this offer. 59-431090

Are they giving this offer only with 2GB versions?
Same here, I also have the 4GB version. It says Invalid Mtm 59-431090.

vineetpratik

Broken In
My invoice was billed on 13th august and shopkeeper did tell me that i will get extended warranty, He did registration and other things himself in front of me , I got a mail 5 days ago saying that my product has been registered for 1 year warranty. I contacted the retailer today he said i shall get another mail regarding the extended warranty within 21 days of my purchase and then i have to call on provided number and ask about warranty extension.

Has anyone other got mail regarding extended warranty ?

chillz88

Broken In
ordered it on 4th.. got it on 14th.. with a defective screen... they still havent replaced it yet.. stupid service and tiresome.... in the process of refunding my money. end of story

ghostwolf

Right off the assembly line
Anyone else interested in requesting for an i5 version? Ive seen 2 or 3 people ask on Lenovo India's Facebook page. Would probably work if more people joined in..

Also did everyone get an external dvd writer with their laptops?

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
Anyone else interested in requesting for an i5 version? Ive seen 2 or 3 people ask on Lenovo India's Facebook page. Would probably work if more people joined in..

Also did everyone get an external dvd writer with their laptops?

Yeah, i5 version for about 60k will be gold!

Also, the external dvd writer is not a gift or an introductory offer. It is a part of the Laptop package itself, like the battery etc. So everyone will get it. Confirmed this from lenovo showroom.

racerronny

the laptop screen looks really washed out so i found on ebay this 1080p ips matte screen

Dell XPS 15 L501X L502X Full HD LED Laptop Screen 1920 X 1080 | eBay

but it says 40 pin connector and i dont know how many pin connector is used in y50
so to all those who have changed their screens can y'all help with this?
other than that any other things that I need to check before buying??

ghostwolf

More people need to request for the i5 version
the laptop screen looks really washed out so i found on ebay this 1080p ips matte screen

Dell XPS 15 L501X L502X Full HD LED Laptop Screen 1920 X 1080 | eBay

but it says 40 pin connector and i dont know how many pin connector is used in y50
so to all those who have changed their screens can y'all help with this?
other than that any other things that I need to check before buying??
Y50 uses 30 pin eDPS . Source: bit.ly/1B1UFdc
There is also list of compatible screens

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Is there an official digit review for Lenovo Y 50 (4GB graphic card) version?

Digit is negatively biased towards Lenovo. If such a review comes out, Digit will completely ignore the performance part and reward the laptop with 1-2 stars calling it unusable because of poor screen.

paragshinde

anyone has idea about screen replacement in Y50 in India? All the screens in international forums are not easy to find in India? i think with a decent screen replacement, Y50's quality will go up considerably with still low price tag than competitors.

Also anyone has any experience in calibrating the screen colors and all? Till the replacement is available as option i would like to optimize my current screen settings. Any help on this is appreciated.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
anyone has idea about screen replacement in Y50 in India? All the screens in international forums are not easy to find in India? i think with a decent screen replacement, Y50's quality will go up considerably with still low price tag than competitors.

Also anyone has any experience in calibrating the screen colors and all? Till the replacement is available as option i would like to optimize my current screen settings. Any help on this is appreciated.

Try this *www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z35VlFz_7kg&list=PLNC9NgdSNRlOxIDHH6PYn07LMXP59quWb

These are good settings. Of course depending upon personal taste and preference, u can play around a little till it matches what you need.

Top Bottom