The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

vineetpratik

Broken In
are they really going to stop the additional 2 year warranty offer , before its available in lenovo stores ?
In that case buying from do store seems only option , as it isn't yet available in stores at my location

evilsoul

Broken In
looks like you've shrinked your "C" partition only and then made new partitions from the non-allocated space

have you tried firing up the OKR from within windows? try running it

- - - Updated - - -

yep...

*oi62.tinypic.com/24fze3q.jpg
I think its ok ??

Can you please tell does okr completely removes data of all drives or it just delete the data of c drive ???
It's my first time using okr function never used it .....

and i am sure i didn't shrinked c drive i deleted the 780gb drive from disk management and made 3 drives from it...

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
I think its ok ??

Can you please tell does okr completely removes data of all drives or it just delete the data of c drive ???

and i am sure i didn't shrinked c drive i deleted the 780gb drive from disk management and made 3 drives from it...

unable to open this image; try not to use tinypic :/ (10x ADs everywhere)

just press the OKR key once and a window should pop up asking for restoring/backing up of current state so chill out it won't do unless you restore your machine to a prev. state; so just single press the OKR key from within* windows* >> see if the menu pops up >> exit the window.

oh' you should create yourself an OKR backup from within* windows*

and if you deleted your 780GB drive and then made partitions out of it then your OS wouldn't be working as it is now..would it? :| lol I never tried this one out..care to make a video for us and up it on tube? :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Is it available in the exclusive stores in Delhi?

it is available in gurgaon/noida if you're up for it

Last edited:

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I just got my Y50. Please tell me what should I do to get the best out of it? Where do I optimize the screen/colors? Also, where do we have to register to avail the free extended warranty?

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
I just got my Y50. Please tell me what should I do to get the best out of it? Where do I optimize the screen/colors? Also, where do we have to register to avail the free extended warranty?

congrats!

- do read my prev. posts about how to carefully create partitions and NOT mess up the OKR- lenovo's one key recovery (nobody wants a button which will stop working at all at some point:-D)

- extd. warranty reg is at: lenovopromo.net

- do write your token no. from above^ + laptop's serial# + your purchase date + store's name + scanned copy of your invoice; email all this to:

india @ lenovoreg . com

- share the price you got this baby + any freebies? + store's address(cause more TDF'ers are in queue:-D)

- - - Updated - - -

I think its ok ??

your screeny is allright.
OKR is looking just fine!

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
By token number you mean ticket number? Ok, I sent all the details. Would I get any confirmation? Also, how long before I can see my extended warranty? Currently it's showing 1 year.

I got the laptop for Rs. 76,340 from Care, Vadodara, Gujarat. I got some 10-kit freebie which included keyboard guard, screen guard, mouse, some 2.1 local speakers, usb light thing and something that looks like a flash drive but the package says, sd card reader.

Other than that, I got some zebronics 2.1 speakers, a Rs. 1500 off voucher on purchase of 20k at that particular store and the usual backpack and dvd drive.

vineetpratik

Broken In
Had a query , contacted local dealer and said he can arrange one with model no 59428436 has everyone else got same model here ??
Would be helpful if someone could confirm.

and just came across this link
Lenovo

It created a doubt that is there really any 4Gb GTX 860M model available in INDIA? or there is only one variant ?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
The text is just sad on Y50. It looks like it's somewhat blurred. Making all items small in Display settings makes the text crisp and sharp but it's too small. Any solution?

pr94rr

Broken In
The text is just sad on Y50. It looks like it's somewhat blurred. Making all items small in Display settings makes the text crisp and sharp but it's too small. Any solution?

Click on the program's icon - Select Properties - Selest Compatibility tab - Check on the "Disable scaling on high DPI screen" - Apply - OK - Restart the program - Voila -Thank me later

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
^^
By token number you mean ticket number? Ok, I sent all the details. Would I get any confirmation? Also, how long before I can see my extended warranty? Currently it's showing 1 year.

I got the laptop for Rs. 76,340 from Care, Vadodara, Gujarat. I got some 10-kit freebie which included keyboard guard, screen guard, mouse, some 2.1 local speakers, usb light thing and something that looks like a flash drive but the package says, sd card reader.

Other than that, I got some zebronics 2.1 speakers, a Rs. 1500 off voucher on purchase of 20k at that particular store and the usual backpack and dvd drive.

yes and yes(well sort of..in form of a status..just check your ticket/token # status on the option- lower right hand side of the screen; take a screeny as a confirmation). ~21days

nice..:)

- - - Updated - - -

Had a query , contacted local dealer and said he can arrange one with model no 59428436 has everyone else got same model here ??
Would be helpful if someone could confirm.

and just came across this link
Lenovo

It created a doubt that is there really any 4Gb GTX 860M model available in INDIA? or there is only one variant ?

yes the 2GB variant is the one you quoted ^

:shock:dang!@#!
imho just wait for them to roll out the 4GB variant:-D (if you can wait)

oh and the 4gb variant is def. better but there are three sides to consider:

- 4gb vs 2gb..just a slight difference in terms of performance; not all games can use up all 4gigs of v.mem
but certainly if I had time on my hands then I would've gone for the 4gb maxwell version after* it's reviews/specs confirmation (which afaik aren't much as everybody across the globe got the 2gb maxwell variant first/being less expensive/kepler rumors)

- take a look at temps (don't ever forget the form factor in which the components are tightly squeezed in; learnt this from my past exp. with a y510p) if* the 4gb variant will have 2x 2GB v. mem chips surrounding the main die so there might* be slight increase in heat as well. imho am satisfied with the 2gb maxwell variant I got so..well if you're talking abt future proofing?:-D max life expectancy(in terms of availability of next iteration of superior hardware)..? == 2-4 yrs.

- watch out for kepler variants! (yes because there are* confirmed reports of a 4gb kepler variant in circulation.so just my piece of advice:|)

Last edited:

prometheus

#ArmA since 2006
Guys, 4GB variant is here.

Ideapad Y50 (Black) - Ideapad - Laptops | Lenovo India | The DO Store

+1

N15P-GX GDDR5 4G hmm..it's the maxwell variant; but I'd wait for a confirmation from new buyers now:-D

I wonder what effect will this have on MSI...:|

:wink:

ajmusicm

Broken In
+1

N15P-GX GDDR5 4G hmm..it's the maxwell variant; but I'd wait for a confirmation from new buyers now:-D

I wonder what effect will this have on MSI...:|

:wink:

But the 4 GB Variant was supposed to be equipped with UHD Panel right?

Here it's saying only FHD Panel. Well, it can't be helped. What we get is what we get right?

But it's good that Lenovo is going for aggressive pricing. 80k for 4 GB GTX 860M is pretty tempting over the 2 GB Variant (Difference of ~3K) but as of now NO Extended Warranty so that's a bummer.

But as you said, the 4 GB variant will pump out more heat and might cause some issues in the long run. It's best to wait for some reviews about this newbie laptop before hitting the buy button.

But I'm impressed by Lenovo this time around. They're introducing the latest laptops quickly in India as well. And their pricing strategy is really helping them to leap bound their sales. And of course the number of Exclusive DO stores has been cropping up steadily all over the country.

Soon Lenovo might again become the #1 Laptop provider in India. :) (It recently slipped to Number 2 behind HP).

And to all the owners of the Y50, some sort of gaming FPS scores please? :)

chetan.g

Journeyman
hi ... guys can you please explain what is N15P-GX GDDR5 4G stand for .. specially "4G" . Also is this model has Maxwell CPU and GPU . I am asking as I know little about it ..

Also how to know whether a processor is a maxwell or kepler?

Thanks..

Last edited:

vineetpratik

Broken In
Ok I went to a local lenovo exclusive shop and gave little advance for ordering laptop he said he would order on monday and get it to me on tuesday (he said it is in stock in local supply) , he also told that there is a 4GB graphic card version that is available for some 80k , but then he said that it is is i "i7 U" variant , so i7-4710HQ will be better , and so i ordered the 2gb version. but now i may change my descision as it looks specs are same just expect that part

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Also, I doubt Maxwell will overheat even if it is a 4GB version. Heck even Kepler GTX 870m is found in Razer Blade and Aorus X3 which are both smaller and slimmer than the Y50.

Top Bottom